Anime and Androgeny... what's the deal?

Tools    

Well?

My kids are into Yu-Gi-Oh... he looks like a she. All the 'tough' characters are willowy little sticks. WTF happened to GI JOE?

I think it's a conspiracy to hammer home acceptance of transvestitism.

They coulda put some meat on him... bought him a burger or something.

Just my opinion. I'm sorry if it's more valid than yours.

Put me in your pocket...
My kids are into Yu-Gi-Oh as well. At least his voice actor has a manly voice when he duals.

As far as it being "a conspiracy to hammer home acceptance of transvestitism"...I never thought of it before concerning Yu-Gi-Oh. I do think there is other anime that does that. It's probably one reason the last season of Sailor Moon wasn't dubbed for cartoon network. It could be hard to explain to your little girl why 3 guys turn into women when they get into super hero garb. And are they women all along...or just posing as guys? Too much confusing stuff.

They coulda put some meat on him... bought him a burger or something.
He is pretty scrawny.

Also...

I played a video game with my son called "Capcom vs (***** I don't remember)... anyways, it's a fighting game with a whole truckload of characters.

One of these characters, Mai, is a girl with almost no clothes on. She wears a g-string and her boobs (which are huge) bounce when she strikes.

I got a woody playing a video game, for god's sake ... I'm become so lame in my old age.

I almost fell off my chair reading this Toose!
I used to be a game fanatic back in the 80's and they were pretty much GI Joe's back then... after taking a break from games, I've looked at a few and haven't been interested in playing again. Maybe that's why.... hehehe

A lot of games have become that way, Toose. They're becoming more like other forms of entertainment. A number of games resemble movies in more ways than one, and seeing as how sex sells in that medium, there's no reason it won't in this one, too.

The various forms of entertainment are merging...

Originally posted by Sir Toose

I got a woody playing a video game, for god's sake ... I'm become so lame in my old age.
which game was that?

I’m seriously starting to worry about you Toosie… first a car and now a video game cartoon…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I See You When You're Sleeping
Have you seen that game "Dead or Alive" ? It has loads of female characters with massive breasts that wobble up and down when you move! It's ok though as you can turn this function off in the options menu. Also a film is being made of it!

Originally posted by Caitlyn
I’m seriously starting to worry about you Toosie… first a car and now a video game cartoon…

Are you accusing me of middle-ageism? Of having a crisis, perhaps?

Naughty Cait.

Originally posted by miniontv
Have you seen that game "Dead or Alive" ? It has loads of female characters with massive breasts that wobble up and down when you move! It's ok though as you can turn this function off in the options menu. Also a film is being made of it!
Is that the volleyball one?

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by Sir Toose

One of these characters, Mai, is a girl with almost no clothes on. She wears a g-string and her boobs (which are huge) bounce when she strikes.

What did your son say? Did he notice your woody?

Originally posted by Aniko

What did your son say? Did he notice your woody?

I hope not!

Jeez... I didn't even think of that. What a nightmare.