It's a Trans, Trans, Trans, Trans World

Tools    

Well, you were becoming a man.
You're way too predictable.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
this reminds me so much of when I used to watch "The Jenny Jones Show" or "Sally Jesse Raphael" in the 1990's and they had goths and transvestites on the show and THAT was wild for the time.
Oh, the good old days... go back further and women couldn't vote and we would duck-and-cover to survive nuclear bombs.

Oh, the good old days... go back further and women couldn't vote and we would duck-and-cover to survive nuclear bombs.
I'm old enough to remember "Not for Women Only." It was one of the early daytime talk shows and one of its hosts was Barbara Walters.

It seems like getting a tattoo or an ear piercing... but MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE EXTREME.

Ya know? It's all body modification. Hers is just taking it beyond the limits. (I assume -- God knows what might be worse than this, but I'm sure it's out there.)

When I watched the Dr. Phil video, I was thinking.... this reminds me so much of when I used to watch "The Jenny Jones Show" or "Sally Jesse Raphael" in the 1990's and they had goths and transvestites on the show and THAT was wild for the time.

It's like WILD has just become WAY more WILDER. Now instead of crossdressers and goths, it's people who blind themselves because they wanna be blind.
Scary how right you are on this. People have the freedom to do whatever they want to their bodies, but this sex change operation is happening waaaay too frequently. There are gonna be some very miserable people in the future that had this done. There are testimonials of people that terribly regretted having their sex changed, and that was before Bruce Jenner "broke down the walls" or whatever the hell theyre calling his "heroic accomplishment" Bruce/Caitlyn may be inspiring alot of people to make a terrible mistake.

I mean, lets be honest. He hasnt surrounded himself with a stable enviroment. The Kardashians are constantly going under the knife to alter themselves, and he does seem to be approaching this too casually. You telling me he doesnt have some pain or anxiety pill addiction?! fugedaboudit Theres no way he is approaching this with a clear head.

Scary how right you are on this. People have the freedom to do whatever they want to their bodies, but this sex change operation is happening waaaay too frequently. There are gonna be some very miserable people in the future that had this done. There are testimonials of people that terribly regretted having their sex changed, and that was before Bruce Jenner "broke down the walls" or whatever the hell theyre calling his "heroic accomplishment" Bruce/Caitlyn may be inspiring alot of people to make a terrible mistake.

I mean, lets be honest. He hasnt surrounded himself with a stable enviroment. The Kardashians are constantly going under the knife to alter themselves, and he does seem to be approaching this too casually. You telling me he doesnt have some pain or anxiety pill addiction?! fugedaboudit Theres no way he is approaching this with a clear head.
I agree...
Unless my theory is correct - that it's all a stunt to further his & the Kardashian's "reality" TV careers. In that case his head is clearly on the cha-ching!

For the record, I don't think there's anything implicitly wrong with body mods save the obvious risk to your health. It's an unavoidable risk on the road to transhumanism and that affects all early adopters even with prototype vaccines and cancer treatment.

If you want to do something debateably stupid to your body, fine, just don't pretend it's some medically justified self-realization AND DON'T impress it on other people, especially kids.

That Jessica Rabbit lady at least wasn't deluded enough to think that's how she's "supposed to look" and was self aware enough to recognize that her desired self image was a cartoon.

I don't find it even remotely tasteful and I'm concerned for the caricatured stereotype she's feeding by doing it, but so long as it's her money and she's not... you know, crippling herself out of some deranged need to hurl herself on the sword of society.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
There is also some transgenders who are actually straight men or women who fall in love with themselves, so they feel the need to remake themselves into the opposite gender to fell more attractive for themselves. According to some psychiatrists the majority of male to female transgenders are of that type: men who fall in love with themselves and change their bodies to become more feminine and attractive because they are straight and in narcissistic self love.
Wow! I'm learning so much.

They don't believe it's narcissism.
But they believe in medical justification, so the question is when does the report come out that says,

We sampled 1000 transgenders to look for outlying biological similarities and you WON'T BELIEVE WHAT WE FOUND.

Legend in my own mind
I shall revive this dead topic with a controversial opinion:

I think any claim you make should be able to survive scrutiny.
But should it?

You ready? You look ready.
"Obama wire tapped my house!!!"
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The pun reminds me of all those YouTube videos that say "Bigfoot caught on tape."
And when you click on them there's someone's large foot with a roll of tape stuck to it!