Britains Got Talent 2012

Tools    

Ive done a few searches and nothing came up.

Im wondering what you guys think about it.

I personally think its a good way to find new talent etc, but I think there needs to be age restricitions on it, like there are on X Factor etc....I just think its too much pressure for young children.

I say this after watching it tonight, a young boy names Malakai was on it, and he just buckled from stage fright. I just think its a lot to put a child under. Dont get me wrong, that little boy was an amazing singer, but what happens if he doesnt go right through and win? Its heartbreaking and gut wrenching for anyone to get the kickback, is it fair to put a child through that?

I'm sick of pop singers and dance groups. Singers, you have X-Factor, audition for it...

Apart from the above, I enjoy it as light fluffy entertainment and prefer watching the rubbish and weird auditions(like that humpty dumpty woman that was on tonight).

Someone did some maths in one of the newspapers, and last weeks episode of Britains Got Talent only had about 10 minutes worth of footage of actual acts, and the rest of the hour was taken up with filler and judges comments.

When I heard that Simon Cowell was looking to bring back The Gong Show, I was thrilled. I used to watch it in the early days of Channel 4 and I loved it. OK, so I'd have to put up with Cowell and all the bollocks that he comes up with, but it'd be worth it. Sadly, it's X-Factor with people other than singers and, of course, there's the money angle.

How I wish it was more like this.

&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related

Semper Fooey
I kind of liked Gong Show when Gary Owens was host. He gave the show a little class with his deadpan, detached style. When Chuck Barris took over it became dreadful. Cowell would be an improvement over Barris, but then a wino off the street would be.

I see under Gary they had to wait twice as long before they could gong them. That is actually funnier.

There are those who call me...Tim.
WAAAAYYYY too many dance acts this year, and there is nothing remotely different about any of them. All the same synchronised foot sliding, folded arms, flipping off tables and punching to gunshot noises. Some kids came on it yesterday in school uniforms and for one brief moment I was hoping it would be a choir, but the second they revealed they were going to dance my heart sank.

I'm rooting for Only Boys Aloud. Welsh Valleys boys singing Welsh songs in a Welsh male voice choir, it's probably the most standout act this year that has even the remotest chance of winning (that isn't a singer or a dance group).

Either Ashleigh and Pudsey, Jonathan and Charlotte or Only Boys Aloud to win, but really anyone other than bloody Ryan O’Shaughnessy, if he wins I'm not watching next year.

I've put in bold who I've love to win.