What was the first movie you ever remember watching

Tools    

I think, if I remember correctly that my first movie was E.T.......I jumped up and cheered in the theater when the bikes took off

The Green Lantern
'Frankenstein'. I was just a child. It was during the summer because I was wearing my green jacket. I was the biggest chicken in the world as a child. I had my head buried in the hood of my jacket. So I mainly heard 'Franknstein'.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

the first movies i can remember were

indiana jones and the temple of doom
the terminator
beastmaster
dirty dancing
dirty harry
the goonies
and E.T.

i must have been about 5 or so, i cant remember the movie dates but man those were some classics

I swear I remember seeing The Graduate at the drive-in, but that was made in 1967 and I was born in 1963, so it must have been a re-release or something. I also remember seeing The Poseidon Adventure at the drive-in.

Libby

The movie I remember first watching would have to be...

Jurassic Park.

Oh! And I can't forget 'The Goonies'.
What a classic.

I am am a very lucky person, I got to see a child's dream film when I was a baby. I watched BIG, the first film ever for me, what a wonderful way to start your film watching life. I was an instant Hanks fan, you guys will get sick and tired ofhearing me praise and glorify Hanks, but he was and is quite simply a genius.

Originally Posted by GameOvais
I am am a very lucky person, I got to see a child's dream film when I was a baby. I watched BIG, the first film ever for me, what a wonderful way to start your film watching life. I was an instant Hanks fan, you guys will get sick and tired ofhearing me praise and glorify Hanks, but he was and is quite simply a genius.
Check out the Tom Hanks thread going HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I remember wearing out my parents VHS copy of the Wizard Of Oz

I remember watching the Star Wars films.

I think it was Toy Story

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by triple-axel
I think it was Toy Story
That makes me feel old. Even though I'm really not.

The first movie I ever remember seeing was Tim Burton's Beetlejuice when I was like 3. So my love for Burton started when I was young

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I think it was The Great Muppet Caper ...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I remember seeing "The Shining" when I was around five. But "Smokey and the Bandit" is also one I remember from an early age. But I saw it a ton of times back then.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Ford
I remember seeing "The Shining" when I was around five. But "Smokey and the Bandit" is also one I remember from an early age. But I saw it a ton of times back then.
I can relate to this. Select TV would play them over and over with Superman and Conan.

Welcome to the site.

I would have to say it was Willow and I was 3 or 4 years old.

I have a significant memory of seeing 'Alaska' (with the polar bear) at the cinema, not sure it was my first though.

Just a girl who loves movies
I recall seeing one of the "old" star wars movie ... was quite young back then

First film I remember seeing was one of Charlie Chaplin's short films...
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher