Who Will be Our Next President?

Tools    

I've seen several Trump fans put down Biden because of stumbling while he talks. Making fun of the way someone talks is wrong. It's no different than making fun of someones weight or height or physical appearance.

It's fair insofar as you genuinely believe it speaks to a mental condition that might affect his job. I just think it's really short-sighted for any Trump supporter, because his rambling nature really isn't any better on that front.

Dammit. Godwin’s Law rears it’s ugly head.
You'll find it happening wherever ignorance and laziness is abound... Which is basically everywhere you go. Procrastination of "getting the facts right" is so behovely.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

This is absolutely incorrect. Hitler was handed the position of Chancellor but it was not without misgivings.
Your statement ignored a lot of the murders against rivals and how he even took power from Hindenburg to begin with.
See the Enabling Act and the Night of Long Knives.

I don't want to go anymore off topic but your claim that I'm absolutely incorrect must be addressed. The Night of the Long Knives was an internal dispute within the Nazi Party. The Enabling act was passed in the Reichstag with the open support of the Zentrum Party. Hitler's dictatorial powers were voted to him legally by the sovereign parliament of the German people.

Or, "just a thought here," you could concede the pride in your point of view, and consider she has a point, and not say something so insensitive and short-sighted. Since when were these "hard and fast" rules you've so blindly established "been" established? She's still voting isn't she? She's still following basic guidelines and legal alternatives to how one votes. She is still being a model and upstanding citizen and contributing to this democracy. She is still putting in her say for herself, her community at large, and the nation. Back off.

There's nothing prideful about what I said, it's just a fact of life and President Bitch doesn't strike me as the sensitive type so I'm sure she can handle someone expressing an opposing view. It's sweet that you're getting so defensive on her behalf though.

I've seen several Trump fans put down Biden because of stumbling while he talks. Making fun of the way someone talks is wrong. It's no different than making fun of someones weight or height or physical appearance.
I wouldn't make fun of him - I feel bad for him.
I watched my father gradually lose much of his ability to speak before he died.

But I think the reason it's an issue is Joe was once a fairly decent speaker, but age is taking it's toll and it's become noticeable in his speech some of the time - that's why it's a concern.

The first year of Joe's Presidency may be like the last years of Reagan's life.

The trick is not minding
I don't want to go anymore off topic but your claim that I'm absolutely incorrect must be addressed. The Night of the Long Knives was an internal dispute within the Nazi Party. The Enabling act was passed in the Reichstag with the open support of the Zentrum Party. Hitler's dictatorial powers were voted to him legally by the sovereign parliament of the German people.
You’re conveniently ignoring the fact that The Night of Long Knives was to eradicate his enemies. It was his doing. No one made that decision for him.
The Enabling Act was made by Nazis to grant him control after other parties had been thrown out. After the Night of The along Knives, many feared to even speak out against him.
It wasn’t “freely” given. It was won through bloodshed and intimidation.

You guys, this dude just busted this story wiiiide open:

I've been voting since the W. Bush era and as I recall then there was a lot of "who dun' it?" and "speculation." (Anyone remember the Bush v. Gore election might I add?) This really doesn't surprise me here. Actually, I'm resigned to it and expect it. Eventually the "dust" will settle. A name will be called, and then onward to a new set of problems people can b*tch and moan about. Welcome to politics: The art of "me" a person completely inept at running his/her life. This "me" belongs to a society at large. This "me" thinks that "well I'm so brilliant at mismanaging my own life, I've got half a mind to tell others how to run theirs." That to me is politics at its most basic. Basic "Drama 101." Great to stir the sh*t pot once and awhile, but ultimately it's a pretty useless exercise and a large waste of time. (I had a lot of time to kill today, obviously.) Yes, I'm "glad" Biden won... but don't get me wrong, in my private life I have much distain for politics and I'm rather apolitical. I'm just happy Trump's gone now, (hopefully), been a whirlwind of a day! A doozie!

You’re conveniently ignoring the fact that The Night of Long Knives was to eradicate his enemies. It was his doing. No one made that decision for him.
The Enabling Act was made by Nazis to grant him control after other parties had been thrown out. After the Night of The along Knives, many feared to even speak out against him.
It wasn’t “freely” given. It was won through bloodshed and intimidation.
I'm not denying that his methods of rule were brutal and violent but the constitutional powers he had were gained legally through the parliament. Hitler never dissolved the Reichstag because he knew it was useful in legitimizing his rule.

The trick is not minding
I'm not denying that his methods of rule were brutal and violent but the constitutional powers he had were gained legally through the parliament. Hitler never dissolved the Reichstag because he knew it was useful in legitimizing his rule.
It’s not legitimate when any and all opposition were removed (murdered) and you have the only real party that pretty much had scared everyone into submission vote you in.

@Wyldesyde19 let the dog have his chew toy. Don't bother. If a man can't concede that he is legally wrong and doesn't seem to think that standing up on someone else's behalf is good or virtuous... why, just why? I'm pretty much ignoring him at this point. Just throws the thread off more and more.

The trick is not minding
@Wyldesyde19 let the dog have his chew toy. Don't bother. If a man can't concede that he is legally wrong and doesn't seem to think that standing up on someone else's behalf is good or virtuous... why, just why? I'm pretty much ignoring him at this point. Just throws the thread off more and more.
I know haha. You’re right. I’ll take your advice here.

It’s not legitimate when any and all opposition were removed (murdered) and you have the only real party that pretty much had scared everyone into submission vote you in.

The point I'm making is that he didn't gain power by overthrowing the government but by manipulating the Reichstag into granting him constitutional powers legally. Essentially the Reichstag voted away it's own existence.

The point I'm making is that he didn't gain power by overthrowing the government but by manipulating the Reichstag into granting him constitutional powers legally. Essentially the Reichstag voted away it's own existence.
And the winner is... *opens envelope* Well kiss my grits! YOU WIN! ALL OF IT! ALL OF THE INTERNET IS YOURS! CONGRATS!!!

Jeez, all this hate and anger over one light hearted throwaway comment made to someone else...
I never said mail-in ballots were illegal. I just think in should be done in person at the polling station; old school style.

Jeez, all this hate and anger over one light hearted throwaway comment made to someone else...
I never said mail-in ballots were illegal. I just think in should be done in person at the polling station; old school style.
Who's hating? Who's angry? Did I swear or call you names? No I didn't. I simply stated your comment was insensitive, short-sighted, and out of line. Here another person tells you why she legitimately can't make your demands of making it to a polling station especially during a pandemic I might add... and you pop off with some smart-aleck remark? I'm sorry, you needed to be put in your place. And it wasn't just me who made the comment about your comment, it was also Yoda, (and I believe there were a few others too). You're out of line son, and I think you owe Miss Vicky and apology. You're in the wrong. And, as you get older, you get to a place where you accept you're not going to "hit it out of the park 100% of the time." That "sometimes" you're wrong. And *gasp* that's okay! But when you foul-ball, admit your wrong, brush yourself off, act like an adult, and play again. That's life! Oh the friggen "growing pains" here.