NBA

Tools    

Chyna Thomas, the 22 year old sister of Celtic Isaiah Thomas was killed in a one car accident yesterday. He is expected to play this evening.
Jesus, that's tragic, younger than me . Isiaiah seems like a good person, couldn't blame him at all if he decides to take time off.

RIP

We better get past the Bulls at least. Butler and Playoffs-Wade terrifies me though. If we do go out i at least like the Bulls though, always rooted for them when it seemed like they were the only team with a chance of beating the Heat in the East. Plus Wade is probably in my top five favourite players ever.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sad about Thomas' sister.

I didn't get home from the concert til 2:30am, and then I FF'd to the end of the games. It's probably too late, but I'll check right now.

Let the night air cool you off
Spurs destroyed the Grizzlies, don't even know why i have them winning one game they are pretty much my least favourite playoff team and have been for the past 5 years or whatever.
Why don't you like the Grizz? I think at times they can be a really fun watch, if you can enjoy defense and the basketball equivalent to a crossface in amateur wrestling. I like them when Tony Allen is yelling first team all-defense and Marc Gasol is destroying people in the midpost and Zach Randolph is pushing people away with his thick thighs and posterior and grabbing buku rebounds.

I like the Grizz, and I'm a big Tony Allen fan.. He's out for the entire playoffs, right? He'd be the guy to guard Kahwi, would have loved to see that.

Why don't you like the Grizz? I think at times they can be a really fun watch, if you can enjoy defense and the basketball equivalent to a crossface in amateur wrestling. I like them when Tony Allen is yelling first team all-defense and Marc Gasol is destroying people in the midpost and Zach Randolph is pushing people away with his thick thighs and posterior and grabbing buku rebounds.
I do like good defence, loved watching the mid 2000s Pistons for instance. Dunno why i don't like them much, they've just been a part of some of the most boring playoff series for me and i think i kind of hated the fact that Marc was probably the best Center in the league at one point. Great player but just not good enough to be the best in the league, it's probably the position that has created the most elite players throughout the sports history and i love watching really dominant Centers like late 90's/early-mid 00s Shaq who was dominant on both Defence (albeit to a lesser extent) and Offence. Kinda felt like the position was dying at that point but it's thankfully had a resurgance with Davis (when he plays Center), KAT, Embiid if he stays fit, etc. I know it's a petty reason but if i'm honest that's probably why. Not really a fan of Deandre, Gobert, etc, either.

Truthfully the Cavs are my least favourite playoff team though because i dislike Lebron, not as a person he seems like a good guy but as a player despite knowing he's the best player i've watched while he played. Sick of the guy reaching the Finals haha, with the Heat i at least had Wade who is one of my favourite players ever but i don't like anyone on the Cavs.

I had a question for you all... Do you guys DVR ever? And if you did, would you come into this thread? If so, I could use the spoiler option on here.

I DVR only because I can't stand commercials, and I rather do something for about an hour (per game) instead of watching commercials. Especially nice since we didn't get home til almost 3am from the America concert, and was able to FF to the end, two close games...

Isaiah Thomas IS going to play... Very sad. I like him, it's sad he has to go through the pain of losing his little sister.

I am weird, because I hate watching "new games" on DVR, but I enjoy watching old games. So, no, I usually don't DVR any games. I think it's because I watch them for different reasons. I have a vested interest in "new games." Older games I just watch for entertainment or to learn from.

Any predictions tonight? I think Boston will win (they have to)..... I also think Toronto is in the same position, but Lowry always plays bad in the playoffs. I wish Gobert wasn't injured, that was the Clippers problem last year -- injuries. They should win tonight, which is almost expected, so it might not be a bad game for him to miss. I'm a big fan of Chris Paul. To me, he is everything a point guard should be, but I also love the underdog, Utah, very good coach, some good players, signed a lot of good players in the off-season after missing the playoffs on the last day of the regular season.

I don't know if Boston has it in them emotionally right now, so it's hard for me to pick them. Plus Chicago is a really interesting 8 seed. They aren't as bad as their seeding might have you believe, and though I picked Boston to win the series, after what has happened with Isaiah Thomas' sister, I kind of wonder how he is going to hold up through the series.

The Clippers are just an awful organization. They have a lot of talent, but somehow squander it every year. I almost never want to pick them to win a playoff game. I was thinking maybe this year they have a chance to get out of the first round, but I stuck with my brain and picked Utah. Gobert going down sucks, but at this point, I just won't ever pick the Clippers to win a playoff game.

As far as Bucks/Raps go, I think it's a toss-up. It's more than likely going to be an enjoyable series, so I'll do my best to catch those games.

I am not very good at picking games, mainly because how can anybody be good at it? I just like watching entertaining basketball, so hopefully some fun stuff will happen. I expect Raps/Bucks and Thunder/Rockets to be the two best opening round series, but most of the first round looks kind of boring. Hopefully I'll be surprised.

Both of the games that are on are pretty fun from what I've seen. I started flipping back and forth, but I think when either Rondo or Ibaka are off the court, I'll be watching the opposite game. Both of those dudes are having fun games. Since the start of the third quarter, I've seen Ibaka stop two plays at the rim in spectacular fashion AND drive baseline and give a bounce pass to JV. On the other game, Rondo already has six assists in the first quarter and is doing a tremendous job controlling and pushing the pace of the game. National TV Rondo is fun.

I don't know if the thread is supposed to be used like this, but I am in the mood to "Live Tweet" the games in this thread. Hopefully somebody else will hop in, so I am not just spamming this thread.

Marcus Smart is now the guy who is fun to watch in one game, and DeRozan is the other. Both games are a lot of fun right now.

Celts/Bulls turned into a sloppy track meet there for a minute. It slowed down a little bit and Jimmy Butler had some nice assists off of Rondo passes. Kelly Olynyk was getting on my nerves a little bit. He took a couple of shots that were a bit annoying.

I flipped it back to the Raps/Bucks in time to see Ibaka hit another three on end then intimidate a driver and cause a miss on the other. Then Cory Joseph crossed Greg Monroe something fierce the next trip down. This game is a lot of fun.

Man, Ibaka is playing so well right now. He just caused a bad pass just by being in the paint and forcing a driver to kick out a pass, but it was a poor pass that the receiver had to tiptoe to save, but when he threw it back in it lead to a steal and fastbreak attempt for Toronto. Which was a three-point attempt that Thon Maker chased down and blocked from behind, which was also cool.

And man, Dellalalalaldova (sp?) is hard to watch. I remember he had a few fun playoff moments for Cleveland, but he's not fun in this series.

Giannis is doing his best to takeover this game, and it is exciting. Hopefully this turns into Giannis and DeMar trying to one-up each other on each possession.