Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

What is the name of this film? Thanks.
It’s the new Blade Runner movie.

Very interesting documentary.

Good documentary.

Excellent movie. Very New York. Very Woody Allen-ish from when he made good movies.

Good documentary about a querulous alcohol-abusing VT farmer.

My Cousin Rachel (2017)

I promised myself I'd watch something new, but instead I ended up rewatching another 70s classic, but ohhhh what a classic!

Never gets old. Haven't been many better badasses in history than Michael Caine in this one. 10/10

Kidnap

better than I thought it would be.

Martin

Good film. Not a favourite but i liked alot of things about it. Jesus the start of this was so messed up, the idea that she was technically awake during that although deeply drugged out of her mind so she couldn't scream or fight back, damn Romero was not holding back here. Martin instantly got right under my skin, with how young he clearly is and his super creepy attempts to lull her to sleep, "it's to help you sleep, it's very important to me that you don't feel a thing" dang. Got to admit characters that don't talk to others to the extent Martin does are very awkward to watch for me, obviously not if it's young kids but Martin at the very least has got to be 16. That was my only real problem with his character, otherwise i found Martin very interesting and think John Lamplas did a good job. It's weird the way Martin is as put in the film essentially an imbecile, yet he's super talented at being a creepy, prowling, rapist vampire. It's believable as well since the only time he seems to focus his mind is when he spots a potential/desired victim. There was something really great about the scene he interrupts the affair; i mean here's this young, short, skinny dude and the guy having the affair is this full grown pretty big guy who could obviously crush him yet Martin doesn't flee the house when he realizes she isn't alone, he's got a fcked up goal in mind and he somehow maneuvers the situation into him achieving it. The only kinda unbelievable thing there is that both start losing consciousness at the same time and yet the guy was injected at least five minutes before her, guess their differences in size could maybe explain that though. Great scene anyway.

I saw this on wiki when i was looking for the Martin actor name:

Originally, the film ran longer than the final version, at 2 hours and 45 minutes.The original release was entirely in black and white. Romero stated that, to his knowledge, no copies of this cut exist.
Dang, usually i'd like the longest possible versions of films i like but nah, another hour and fifteen minutes of this couldn't have possibly been a good thing. Maybe another 20 minutes or so to his visions to give them a bit more context, not that much longer though. Anyway good film.

Welcome to the human race...
The Only Living Boy in New York -

If you have to watch only one 2017 movie about a bespectacled douchebag striking up an unlikely partnership with Jeff Bridges, you might as well go watch Kingsman 2.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I'm not able to rate it. I'm addicted.
The plot predictable, the movie decent, but Wolverine...
And this hair...

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Burden of Dreams - 8/10

This was better than the movie, which I didn't like.... I've watched almost 10 movies of Herzog, and the only one I loved was "Stroszek".

Unregistered User

Suntan (2016)

Difficult to get a safe-for-work image from this movie. I always enjoy the premise of someone losing the plot on film. Has a decent about on lingering tension that kept me watching.

Dream House (Jim Sheridan, 2011)

At least nobody woke up in the shower

In The Mouth of Madness

This was good fun. As i said i tried watching this a few years back and fell asleep during it couldn't tell you why now as i liked it a good amount this time. Not got a whole lot to say about it, just thought it was silly fun. Sam Neill and Julie Carmen are so fun in this. Wouldn't say either are good but they completely embrace the silly story/dialogue, their characters and the situation they are in is ridiculous but it feels like both are having fun with it and trying hard to turn it into something. Some of their line deliviries and actions were unintentionally funny and i think that adds greatly to the spirit of the film. Excellent ending too, definitely thought it would all work out.

+

Nina Forever (Ben Blaine & Chris Blaine, 2015)

Certainly a spirited ménage à trois

Ride Along 6.5/10

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Breaking Dwn. Came on tv when I was having a kip. I slowly opened my eyes and wondered what on earth this Hallmark romance was. Then the penny dropped. Say no more.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Swimmer - 8/10

I've seen this at least a handful of times, but it's been 3 weeks since I saw a movie... Hopefully I can watch one I never saw soon...

The Swimmer - 8/10

I've seen this at least a handful of times, but it's been 3 weeks since I saw a movie... Hopefully I can watch one I never saw soon...
If you want to see a movie you've never seen and one that's good, any of the movies by Kelly Reichhardt are probably close to your taste.

I've seen many of them and though highly of them. She's a woman director so her films will count for the upcoming Women's Director Top 100 Countdown.

Have you seen any of these?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0716980/

Dark Passage (1947)

An enjoyable film, although not the best Bogart/Bacall. Bacall did shine, however. Agnes Moorehead was a stand out in a delightful --albeit overacted-- outing, showing her range. She was actually a dish. There was also a brief but effective part as Bacall's wannabee boyfriend from Bruce Bennett, the actor who was to play the prospecting intruder in the following year's Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Bogart did not appear on screen for the first third or so of the film, instead telling the story via narrative, and through his eyes. The device was similar in technique to the prior year's The Lady in the Lake, starring Robert Montgomery.

Doc's rating: 7/10
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dark_Passage_(film)_poster.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	36909