Denzel's Best ?

Tools    

Okay, despite the reservations by others about the remake of the Manchurian Candidate, I'm looking forward to it. So in the honor Denzel's 50th birthday and his upcoming flick, what do you think is Denzel's best movie or performance?

Originally Posted by kikyr
Okay, despite the reservations by others about the remake of the Manchurian Candidate, I'm looking forward to it. So in the honor Denzel's 50th birthday and his upcoming flick, what do you think is Denzel's best movie or performance?
i loved him in glory and carbon copy...

I haven’t seen all of his movies… but from the ones I have seen, I liked…

Glory
Philadelphia
Fallen
Much Ado About Nothing

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

So many good movies, so little time.
Philadelphia
Crimson Tide
Remember the Titans
Courage Under Fire
Training Day

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by susan
wanted to add cry freedom to the list..forgot that one...
That is a favourite of mine.

I haven't seen Carbon Copy, but Glory was amazing. I think it definitely showed his range. (as did training day).

I've gotten mixed reviews about Man on Fire. Some say its excellent, others say it was like two different movies shoved into one- a character study and an action flick. I want to check it out though.

Radioactive Spider Blood
He was great in The Hurricane, and I thought that movie was great, until I found out that it was verrrry verrrry loosely adapted from what really happened. Which is too bad.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Bad Morther****er
Malcom X
Glory
Philadephia
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

John Q can be added to that ever-growing list.

Has anyone seen him on ET (?) where they were comparing his performance in Manchurian Candidate to Frank Sinatra in the original?

Has anyone seen him on ET (?) where they were comparing his performance in Manchurian Candidate to Frank Sinatra in the original?
No, was it interesting

Originally Posted by nebbit
No, was it interesting
They were interviewing Frank Sinatra's daughter who apparently was an executive producer of the upcoming Manchurian Candidate. She was saying how her father would be proud. I just thought it was interesting considering Denzel never saw the original

. I just thought it was interesting considering Denzel never saw the original
Thanks for that, do you think Denzel hasn't seen the original because he wants to bring his own touch to the character.

He said initially he didn't see it because he "was 8 years old", but yes, he decided not to see it because he didn't want Frank's performance to affect his own.

training day and remember the titans

He said initially he didn't see it because he "was 8 years old", but yes, he decided not to see it because he didn't want Frank's performance to affect his own.
I would say that was a wise decision. Since the movie is an interpretation done by a different actor, you dont want them to be exact replicas. Where's the "newness" in that? I suppose we shall soon see.