Biggest laugh...

Tools    

What was the funniest thing you've seen in a movie? What made you laugh your hardest and longest the first time you saw it?

For me, it was the 'spreading of the ashes' scene in The Big Lebowski.

Or when Dog and his gang attempt to rob the dealers in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels...

"I don't beleive this! Would everybody stop getting shot!"

Just to name a few.

Dumb And Dumber - Toilet scene and snowball fight
Bruce Almighty - Jim Carrey doing Sammy Davis Jr. during end credits
Young Frankenstein - "Damn your I's.....Too late."

Dumb and dumber The toilet scene also did it for me.

Bandits Where billy bob thorton was sleeping and all the sudden out of nowhere yelled "Beavers and Ducks!" I was laughing about 10-12 minutes non stop. It was actually getting kind of embarrassing. I was laughing and trying to hold it in so much that my shirt was drenched in sweat and that's no lie.

Ace Ventura Pet Detective When ace was fighting the little jungle warrior.

Originally Posted by Escape

Bandits Where billy bob thorton was sleeping and all the sudden out of nowhere yelled "Beavers and Ducks!"
That cracked me up too.

Yeah that scene in lock stock was pretty good... "He shot me!" "Well shoot im back!" But I reckon Snatch was better...

The most I've ever laughed was in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, when Johnny Depp wakes up in his hotel room after consuming an adrenal gland, and blanking out for a week or so...
He is sitting in an inflatable rubber pool, has a tape recorder taped to his chest, and a microphone attached to his cheek. He is wearing a long rubber dinosaur tail, and the hotel room is trashed.
He sees a flashback of himself trashing a car at a dealership, yelling "You poor fools! The money from these cars go to Italy!"
I cracked up and lost it, I still grin whenever I think about that scene.

So many good movies, so little time.
Tie between 3 scenes in Monty Python movies

1. The Witch scene ("She turned me into a newt") - Holy Grail
2. Sword fight scene ("Its only a flesh wound") - Holy Grail
3. What have the Romans done for us? - Life of Brian

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Parky
For me, it was the 'spreading of the ashes' scene in The Big Lebowski.
Yeah, I second that one.

Also, the first appearance of the "Buddy Christ" in Dogma, and Jason Alexander's tail-wiggling scene in Shallow Hal, off the top of my head.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
The bit in Wedding Singer when Steve Buscemi's imitating a wolf and falls off the kerb!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Bela Lugosi (Martin Landau) battling the octopus in Ed Wood.

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by Escape
Dumb and dumber
Bandits Where billy bob thorton was sleeping and all the sudden out of nowhere yelled "Beavers and Ducks!"
Classic stuff that.

Also Robin Hood: Prince of Theives - Most of the stuff Alan Rickman says.

Snatch - When Sol is talking about the Shotgun ("Thats a %%$$ing anti-aircraft gun)

pretty much all of 'Zoolander'... expecially when he finally showed Magnum, and when Mugatu tries to bribe him showcasing the model of the school.

Originally Posted by JANthology
pretty much all of 'Zoolander'... expecially when he finally showed Magnum, and when Mugatu tries to bribe him showcasing the model of the school.
YES!! I was in tears the first time i saw this -- but the funniest part is when they're in hansel's house and he's got all those random people.

Old School - when will farrell gets hit w/ a tranquilizer gun

and more recently,

ALL OF DODGEBALL

Radioactive Spider Blood
In Airplane, when Leslie Nielsen is explaining the symptoms of the tainted food, and as he is describing them they are happening to Peter Graves at the same time. One of the funniest scenes in all of movie-land.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Originally Posted by uconjack
Tie between 3 scenes in Monty Python movies

1. The Witch scene ("She turned me into a newt") - Holy Grail
2. Sword fight scene ("Its only a flesh wound") - Holy Grail
3. What have the Romans done for us? - Life of Brian

... I love the "I’m not dead" scene in Holy Grail too...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I don't know if I'll ever laugh as hard again as I did during the following moments:
  • King Arthur debating with the two knights about swallows in Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail.

"Oh yeah, I agree with that."
  • Ace Ventura manhandling "the monopoloy guy" in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

"Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200."

• The narrator in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist marveling at The Chosen One's punch to the stomach.

"I mean, that doesn't seem possible with all those body organs and cartilage and bones. I mean, I'm no doctor but that was like one clean chunk."
  • Same flick; the big fight in the field early on where The Chosen Ones come face to face with a strangely-dressed ninja guy, and the camera zooms in on each of their faces...about 12 times.
  • Harpo's faux 360 spin in his pajamas in Duck Soup.
  • Sayaman asking for a ride home in Scary Movie 3.

"The dogs are acting strange."
  • Pat Healy's "I work with retards" bit in There's Something About Mary."
    "Kid's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theater."
Just to name a few.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Yoda
Ace Ventura manhandling "the monopoloy guy" in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

"Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200."
thats is the da/mn funniest thing i ever seen i love it!
  • Scary movie 3-Cindy takes a message for the little boy from the RING guy 'ok and how do you spell that' she holds up the note and it says 'SEVEN DAYS'
  • Pretty much all of Ace Ventura 2
  • Scary Movie 2 when the parrot talks dirty to everyone-that is too good
  • Snatch-When Vinny and the other guy try to rob Bricktop's bookies, and they don't believe the cashier when she says all bets are off so there's no money. '
    Give us all the money, now!'
    'Appreciated but ALL BETS ARE OFF, if all bets are off then there can't be any money'.
    'Nah i aint buying that,'
    'Well that's good coz i aint f*cking selling it'
  • Scary movie 3 when the girl from the ring in the tape falls off the edge of the cliff then you see she smacks into a branch on the other side-that is a cracker
  • Not another teen movie-at the airport the couple are saying how much they love one another and they cant seem to get it right and molly ringwald-teenage star of the 80's gets really p/issed off and walks away saying 'f/ucking teenagers'
  • Old School-every scene Will Ferrel is in
  • Miss Congeniality, all of it-i love sandra bullock movies

the teenage movie critic
NOt sure if this is how Ace Ventura said this but....

Wait 5 minutes...and if I am not back.....wait a little longer

the teenage movie critic
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
if im not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer

that is such a good line
Yep, that would be the best line ever created.