2017-18 NBA Regular Season

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Btw, my Pistons drafted KCP...... the one great pick, so they let him go to the Lakers for nothing, instead of trading him in the last year of his contract, since the Pistons had one price they wouldn't budge on.

Any1 see that Boston-Detroit game?
Very good game. I've watched all the Celtics games and that's the most impressed I've been with an opponent. They are a well rounded team.

Very good game. I've watched all the Celtics games and that's the most impressed I've been with an opponent. They are a well rounded team.
The odd thing, is that after 20 years of being a fan, this was the first time I didn't think we'd make the playoffs, after we lost a few, but Avery Bradley has been really, really good..

We play again in 12 days I think!

The odd thing, is that after 20 years of being a fan, this was the first time I didn't think we'd make the playoffs, after we lost a few, but Avery Bradley has been really, really good..

We play again in 12 days I think!
I would at least put Detroit ahead of Toronto as one of the four best teams in the east along with the C's, Cavs, and Wiz. The Pacers and Heat aren't pushovers either, and it seems to me that the east is the more well rounded conference.

Regular season is half-way through, and the trade deadline is 2 weeks ago.... Any surprises?

Also curious what names you've all heard that are being bounced around?

I've heard the usual names that have been floated for a while. Kemba Walker being named in rumors was surprising to me, although I don't think it would be a bad idea for Charlotte to move him. I'm curious to see who the Celtics get as they can pick up a significant piece with their injury exception.

I've heard the usual names that have been floated for a while. Kemba Walker being named in rumors was surprising to me, although I don't think it would be a bad idea for Charlotte to move him. I'm curious to see who the Celtics get as they can pick up a significant piece with their injury exception.
I was surprised by that, too.. I know he's not the best, but he seems to fit with the team surrounded by some great defenders, and he seems to have leadership qualities.. I think Detroit might be interested, and hoping we could get the injury exception, though I don't know who is left out there.

Though Kuzma is the biggest surprise out of rookies, Tatum is a hell of a player. Plays like a veteran, doesn't seem to have any weaknesses. I wasn't sure if they'd be this good, trading their backcourt.. I like Avery Bradley, but there's been rumors, since he's on his last year, and we know everyone wants to leave Detroit, but he's a good guy I'd like to keep.

Bradley is the type of player any team would love to have but Detroit is in a weird position of having a lot of good but not great players. Those are the type of players who end up getting overpaid and are tough to build a franchise around. Tatum is going to be a monster in a couple years.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Unless you are a Hornets fan and have to suffer Rich Cho trying to manage another off-season or draft. Back to square one, reset and try again.

Being a UNC homer, this really hurts. MJ is a horrid owner when it comes to his management group. I mean, we signed Dwight Howard. A vestige of a league that no longer exists. Plus, Jordan isn't rich enough to run a franchise without trying to use coupons.

Unless you are a Hornets fan and have to suffer Rich Cho trying to manage another off-season or draft. Back to square one, reset and try again.

Being a UNC homer, this really hurts. MJ is a horrid owner when it comes to his management group. I mean, we signed Dwight Howard. A vestige of a league that no longer exists. Plus, Jordan isn't rich enough to run a franchise without trying to use coupons.
Sometimes it's other teams who might want him that leak the fake rumor; and sometimes it works... Jordan said this, and I agree..
“We bred him, we chose him, we groomed him to be a good player for us,” Jordan said of Walker, who the Hornets drafted ninth overall in 2011, to a great extent because Jordan saw traits in Walker that reminded him of his own playing career.
“It’s not like we are shopping him. We would not just give him up. I love Kemba Walker. I would not trade him for anything but an All-Star player.”
“I certainly haven’t given up on our best player. He’s done a hell of a job of turning himself into an All-Star.”

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It gets harder and harder to remember the glory days with each passing year .

OK Matt, your Pistons get a big star in Blake Griffin. You like it? I don’t. I don’t like him one bit. Bad trade for Detroit IMO.
If we would have got Patrick Beverly (as first mentioned), fine.. But I'm worried about his injuries.. I think this was to get empty seats filled up in the new arena.

If we would have got Patrick Beverly (as first mentioned), fine.. But I'm worried about his injuries.. I think this was to get empty seats filled up in the new arena.
The injuries are a huge part of it but also I don’t know if he plays a game conducive to winning. I at least don’t think he’ll win as long as he’s the best player on his team. Losing Harris and a first rounder is big and now you’re stuck with the dude and his massive contract. I can see Detroit feeling like they need to make a splash, but I wouldn’t care to have him on my team.

Hoping the C’s can get Tyreke or Lou.

The injuries are a huge part of it but also I don’t know if he plays a game conducive to winning. I at least don’t think he’ll win as long as he’s the best player on his team. Losing Harris and a first rounder is big and now you’re stuck with the dude and his massive contract. I can see Detroit feeling like they need to make a splash, but I wouldn’t care to have him on my team.

Hoping the C’s can get Tyreke or Lou.
Avery Bradley is a fine player, too, but uncertain. I think he might re-sign with LA, since it's LA..

As for Blake Griffin, he doesn't bring any defense, and has become more of a perimeter player. I'm hoping for indirect benefits --- maybe someone signs to play with him, preferably a Chris Paul-type point guard.. And Reggie Jackson is due back next month, and he's one of the worst starting point guards, which is why anyone who has played in Detroit these past 5 seasons have had their worst seasons, because guys aren't getting the ball at the right time, right spot.. And bad defenders, which make it much more tougher on others to rotate, big men having to show and protect the rim, which Drummond can't do either. Drummond kinda reminds me of a bigger Griffin without a jump-shot, and we were already an awful defensive team.

It can't be understated that the new arena being completely empty was a big factor, even when we were winning!

To your last sentence - who would Boston have to give up? I think they have the perfect team, and will have a better team with Hayward next year. They should allow some chemistry, especially with Cleveland getting old, there is no reason they can't go to the Finals for the next 5 years with that team. What do you think is their biggest weakness?

They’re looking for a scoring boost off the bench. Williams and Evans would both be rentals so even a high first round pick would be considered steep. Still, with a deep team and many picks to play with, I think giving their own up would be just fine considering how late in the round it would be.

The Celtics get a nice pick up in Greg Monroe, especially since they got him for nothing but money. They’re reportedly still in the market for Evans and Williams. I’d rather see Evans come since because of the salaries, they could just give up a pick and not a player.

I used to get killed betting the nba, although part of that was because I was betting just about every side and total. I’ll be rooting for the C’s today, but if I were still betting, I’d go very large on Portland.