Other than The Matrix, What other movie do you think Keanu Reeves was good in?

Tools    

Screamingly Innocent...

So many to choose from..... For me, It would have to be
The Devil's Advocate (1997) hands down. That movie is great.

Speed is the only one I can think of. That's pretty bad.
And found he was eating his shoe.

In my opinion, his best work has been done in the River's Edge, I Love You to Death, and My Own Private Idaho.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Screamingly Innocent...

lmfao... I forgot about
I Love You To Death. Kevin Kline was pretty good in that one.

Harlon & Marlon: "Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!"
Devo: "I think they wanna hear Reggae"

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
In my opinion, his best work has been done in the River's Edge, I Love You to Death, and My Own Private Idaho.
I haven't seen any of these yet. I'll have to keep an eye open for them.

I liked Keanu in Speed....and I also liked him alot in A Walk in the Clouds.

Nikki where are you? I want to see your opinion on this topic.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I haven't seen any of these yet. I'll have to keep an eye open for them.
I think, out of the three I mentioned, you would probably only like one of those, and that's I Love You to Death. It's a very charming and funny movie starring Tracey Ullman, Kevin Kline, River Phoenix, William Hurt, Keanu Reeves, and Joan Plowright.

My Own Private Idaho is a story of homeless youths trying to make ends meet and to stay stoned. Drug use, prostitution, and gay sex are prevelant themes to the movie. Not one for the kiddies.

River's Edge is another teen movie from the eighties where one of the gang kills his girlfriend and leaves her by the river's edge and his friends go to look at her from time to time but don't report the murder. It's a disturbing story with Crispen Glover stealing the show as the most disturbed kid out of the group.

I like these movies, most of his other stuff I either haven't seen or thought they sucked

Devil's Advocate, The (1997)
Speed (1994)
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)

i'll have to agree with aniko..he was excellent in a walk in the clouds..very different role for him

i also liked him in something's gotta give, speed and my own private idaho

Put me in your pocket...
Bri...thanks for your update of those movies. I trust you and will only look for I Love You to Death. Thank you.

Susan....thanks. I still haven’t to seen Something's Gotta Give. I’m dying to see it.

Also...I can’t believe I forgot about...Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
Keanu did well as the manipulating, bad seed Don John.

Why am I here?
Originally Posted by Aniko
Also...I can’t believe I forgot about...Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
Keanu did well as the manipulating, bad seed Don John.
He was good in that, but aside from Bill & Ted he always seems to be the same character... it's just Neo in different circumstances.

Sic Networks

Much Ado About Nothing
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Devil's Advocate
Speed
Point Break

I’ve never seen all of A Walk In the Clouds… nor have I seen a few of the others he has been in…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I thought he did a decent job in Something's Gotta Give. I like that he wasn't the "star" and instead played more of a supporting character.

I haven't seen many of his movies... but, off the top of my head:

Speed
The Devil's Advocate
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
bill and ted (both)
Devils Advocate

Thats about it!

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

he was good in the bill and ted movies, devil's advocate, point break, and speed

bill and ted movies
devil's advocate
point break
speed

I "usually" avoid Keanu Reeves films like the plague, but, I mildly enjoyed Speed and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I would like to see My Own Private Idaho, but other than that, the films I have seen, including The Matrix, he has been bad, static, a robot actor.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Yeah! Like he said!