Your favorite low budget film

Tools    

Napoleon Dynamite was superb film that cost only $400,000 to produce, yet it grossed $46,000,000 worldwide. I have seen it twice and will probably watch it again.

BlueCowboy

I gotta say Mallrats and Gingersnaps would have to be on the top of my list.

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
I would have to say paranormal activity is one of the greatest low budget movies. It was made under $15,000 and in 10 DAYS! The only other movie I can think of that was that low budget would have to be.............oh yea SAW!!! It was made it 18 days and all shot in one warehouse. Nice!

I would have to say paranormal activity is one of the greatest low budget movies. It was made under $15,000 and in 10 DAYS! The only other movie I can think of that was that low budget would have to be.............oh yea SAW!!! It was made it 18 days and all shot in one warehouse. Nice!
El Mariachi - $7,000
Colin - £45

God, that really is impressive. I'll have to see it just because of the fact it was made with such little money.

I don't know much about it, but I've heard a couple of people say how bad it is, as if that was a huge surprise. I'm thinking, c'mon, he made it for £45, lower your standards a little.

My favourite low budget movie has to be snatch, it was a classic. Not seen the latest Guy Ritchie movie it is supposed to be similar.

Ha ha, I get it! I get jokes...
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I would have to say paranormal activity is one of the greatest low budget movies.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

El mariachi
Blair witch project
Pi
Following
Clerks
Once
CQ Directed by Roman Coppola (Francis Coppola's son)
Moon
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
84 Charlie MoPic
Eraserhead
Juno
Mad Max
Evil Dead
THX 1138

Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
Define "low budget." My pick would be Memento (Christopher Nolan's 2000 suspense film about a man with a memory problem trying to piece together his life with polaroids). It was produced for $5 million.

Next pick - Blair Witch Project. Nothing says low budget like Artisan's 1999 horror mocumentary, made for under $25,000. Worldwide box office gross for Blair Witch: nearly $250,000,000. That's what I call a profit.