Matrix Revolutions

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Firebug911
i never heard of a movie company not making more of a HUGE sucessfull money making movie; IE: batman,jaws,Holloweens
But look at the quality of the latter entries to those series. It would have been beneficial to WB to quit after the 3rd Batman, and the other two series Jaws, and Halloween really needed no further sequels past the first movie.

Why am I here?
Yeah, but they know people will go to see more Jaws, Batman, Halloween and Matrix movies.... and it's good business, and fans want sequels just not crap ones.

A sequel should have all the good things about the first movie but be better, a lot better... Terminator 2 was a good sequel, Batman Returns was a good sequel, and Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions was not a good sequel…

They pulled over better special effects sure, and the fighting was better if a little over the top. What they didn’t do was keep the same sensibility and coolness of the first that and the script was awful they didn’t explain anything… when someone asks you what the hells going on you tell them, you don’t say “I don’t know, but it’s something I have to do”, or “I can’t tell you know” it’s just bollocks! The thing that made the first one cool wasn’t just the effect; it was the dialogue and the story… I think they totally lost the point of all the characters in the sequels, and just shrouded it with mystery to make it appear deeper than it actually was.

I think it would be better for all involved if they did make another sequel, but the opening scene should have Neo wake up and say something like "That was a weird dream" and then carry on from where the first movie left off... then perhaps only if they denounced the last 2 movies could they possibly salvage the franchise. It actually ruins the movie for me now (the first one) because you know what's going to come afterwards... Although I did like last two movies based on effects, it’s entertaining enough as just eye candy, I would have preferred if they just didn’t bother making them at all.

I suppose they had to take the story up to the end of the war between man and machine, but did they have to say "I believe" so much and when is somebody going to answer all those questions, and when did Cornel Sanders get time to start KFC what with making the Matrix and all.

Sic Networks

Naww, They just need a fourth to explain what happened after Neo ended the war.. Was there peace?( that could go on and on, maybe the machines changed there mind lol and wasted them all)

Did Neo get revived? At the end they dragged him in a transporter thing and took him somewhere hmm where could it of been? Zion maybe? Or maybe to the machine city to revive him.. a 4th is defintly needed..

Besides you know how you watch a movie and say "well that didnt end right" "maybe they will make a second".. Well Normally they do make a second..

Matrix revos didnt end right so chances are they will make a 4th.

i think the entire matrix trilogy ((quadtrilogy if u count the Animatrix)) is the coolest thing that has ever happened to any of us! the only problem with it was revolutions. the ending was a real downer for me and it was really unexpected! im a Keanu Reeves lover and when so called "died" at the end it made me cry! (i love Keanu....when he hurts....i hurt!) when Trinity died though.....i thought 'more room for me....lol' jk jk.....that also made me sad.......i thought the ending would be nice and Neo and Trinity would be together forever....like 'Happily Ever After' i was so wrong....... other then that.....i think the movie was rockin and it was one of the greatest movies of all time!

Bad Morther****er
I happen to think the only promblem with the trilogy is the fact that it became a trilogy. Reloaded, and Revolutions were both awful. With the first movie, the Wachowskis had an original story and combined it with great special effects. Then they went out and created a story so convoluted that I doubt they understand it. With the next two movies the brothers showed that as writers they lack the ablity to craft characters with any depth what so ever. As directors they have shown an inability to control mood, as evidence to the fact that people were laughing during what should have been emotional death scenes. With Reloaded we were given half of a film. Revolutions gave us a the other half, and made me wish they had just let it go with at half a film.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

There are those who call me...Tim.
They took on too much. Let's be honest, 4 years is a pretty short time to make 2 big budget films, but they were also involved in a video game and an animated series aswell. They should have stuck with just making the films.

Originally Posted by regex_1
I just seen the first showing of the release of Matrix Revolutions. And I think that it could be the best movie I have ever seen. I am not gonna say anything to spoil it. Though I just wanna say, go see this movie. It was the better than I had ever imagined.

Also Matrix was released all over the world at the same time, as to keep spoilers from coming out to soon. And I am glad to say I was in the first showing with everyone and I got lucky and it was not even that busy.
I,ve seen the Matrix trilogy, even bought the ultimate collection on the day of it's release. The only "spoiler" for me was the delectable Monica Belluci getting way too little screen time in Reloaded and Revolutions. This voluptuous bombshell from Italy could,ve been given a few more scenes to show off her killer bod.

this movie sucked period

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT EVER!!!!!

Club Hell was too short and nothing happened.

Possible cool characters:Trainman, were compelte crap.

Characters from Reloaded: Merv, Arc, Per, were all crap, they had 10 minutes of screen time tops. Monica said one line in the whole ****ing movie!!!

NO TWINS

Neo/Smith fight could of been better

As said before, it was too short and the Machine world convo with head machine guy and neo was short. We see almost everything in the trailer....Yes I know the world was crashing and it had to be a quick chat so neo could fight to save the world, but I was still disappointed.

I'll write my full review for this average film later, I thought reloaded was much better, in terms of everything.

Does serpah even put up a fight???? I wanted to see him kick some more ass, but no...nothing

Hated the ending as well. WHY, I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES

only thing I liked was the battle for zion, which yes, did drag on too long.

Suspect's Reviews

I am the Nightrider!
My review...

When we last left Neo (Keanu Reeves), he was in some sort of coma from taking on four Sentinels. A mysterious stranger named Bane (Ian Bliss) lay on the opposite side of him, also in a coma and the Sentinels were massing in thousands nearing Zion. That was the cliffhanger ending of "The Matrix Reloaded," the impressive action-packed second installment to "The Matrix" saga. Now, the circle closes with the third and final chapter, "The Matrix Revolutions."

So what exactly happened to Neo? Well, he was stuck in a world between the Matrix and reality. His only way out is through a program known as The Trainman (Bruce Spence, yes the very same character from the "Enter the Matrix" game). In fact, Neo is stuck in a pristine white train station, pretty much being held prisoner. Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) and Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), realize that Neo is being held prisoner by the Merovingian (Lambert Wilson) and quickly make a deal for his release.

Freed, Neo then goes to see the Oracle (Mary Alice), who has now mysteriously taken a new form. Neo raises the questions that "Reloaded" left for us. Who and what exactly is Agent Smith, the encounter with the Architect, the destruction of Zion, etc. Meanwhile, in the real world, Zion is prepping for the war against the machines and the Sentinels are more than well on their way. Our heroes, then catch up with Niobe (Jada Pinkett Smith) and Ghost (Anthony Wong), our "Enter the Matrix" duo, who decide to make way for Zion, even though infested with Sentinels. But Neo has other plans, taking one of the ships and flying into the machine world, to try and stop the Sentinels from destroying Zion. Trinity has every intention of assisting her true love in this seemingly psychotic plan. However, before they take off, they have a little run in with Bane, whom as we all know is Agent Smith (or one of them anyway). The Sentinels finally get into the loading bay of Zion, and what an amazing action sequence this is in the film, makes "Reloaded's" 14-minute car chase look like a Rankin/Bass production. Agent Smith has turned everyone in the Matrix into himself, ruling the program. Neo, now has to face it all: The Machines, Agent Smith, the Matrix, life and death…

The Wachowski Brothers could have made the conclusion a bit more stronger. "The Matrix Revolutions" is the missing piece of the entire puzzle that was the two previous films, it all comes together, but a little too rushed and unsatisfying. The very end is a bit vague, but I guess Hollywood gave it that open ending, in case the Wachowskis make a string of flops after their "Matrix" career, big mistake in my opinion. The special effects are incredible as always and the storyline is in good form, at least I thought so. I really wish they had made the end a bit more solid, but I can live with it. One thing though, I really don't want to see anymore "Matrix" films. I would fix the ending in a director's cut DVD and stop it all together.

"The Matrix" trilogy will be added to the line of great science-fiction sagas.

-UJ

Has anybody here played Enter the Matrix? Depending on which character you do play....in one portion of the given film footage you get see Monica Belluci and Carrie-Anne Moss do the smoochie - smoochie.

I am the Nightrider!
Originally Posted by jrs
Has anybody here played Enter the Matrix? Depending on which character you do play....in one portion of the given film footage you get see Monica Belluci and Carrie-Anne Moss do the smoochie - smoochie.
Is that a fact?!

Gonna have to go play the game again!

UJ