pics from my trip

Tools    

memorial day weekend was great..a little cold but we had some great weather..

here are some pictures i wanted to share....the first is the mount washington from the parking lot..it was cold and windy that day and wee weren't allowed up, but we ended going up the next day..mount washington is the highest peak in the northeast..

here's a view from up on top..that was yesterday..beautiful and clear..not always like that..

here are rob and i standing on the summit of mt. washington...38 degrees on top...71 on the bottom

this is a plaque that was (as legend says) placed on a rock by bette davis...it is said that she placed it there to honor the death of her husband arthur farnsworth who had died of a stroke...she loved the area and the place so much (pecketts) that she put up that plaque as a tribute to him..he was the keeper of the stray ladies...

last but not least is a picture of birdygyrl (karen) and i ..sort of ran into each other the bookstore...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	plaque.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	2958   Click image for larger version

Name:	me&birdy.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	2959   Click image for larger version

Name:	summit.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2960   Click image for larger version

Name:	view.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2961   Click image for larger version

Name:	mtwash1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	2962  

My life isn't written very well.
Can't see nothin'.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Damn, Rob sure looks familiar to me. You cute SuziQ.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Damn, Rob sure looks familiar to me. You cute SuziQ.
thanks for the compliment, milord...appreciate it..

maybe rob's just got one of those faces????

Great pics Susan… You and Birdy look great… as does the pic of you and Rob… … he looks familiar to me too… and I keep thinking it is a musician he reminds me of but I can’t remember who it is…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Great pics Susan… You and Birdy look great… as does the pic of you and Rob… … he looks familiar to me too… and I keep thinking it is a musician he reminds me of but I can’t remember who it is…
when he was younger, they used to tell rob that he looked like john lennon...but i think in the above picture, he reminds me of david crosby...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Great pics Susan… You and Birdy look great… as does the pic of you and Rob…
I was thinking the same thing. Love the pic's susan...
....you and birdy (and Rob) are cute together. Thanks for sharing.

My life isn't written very well.
The pictures are very nice. You must have enjoyed yourselves, seeing that wonderful view, being on top of the world and looking out over the valley. Very nice! I'm always glad when MoFo's share pictures here; it makes it seem like we're closer as friends. Anyway, love the shot of you and Rob. (by the way who took the picture?

Hey Birdy!!!

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
The pictures are very nice. You must have enjoyed yourselves, seeing that wonderful view, being on top of the world and looking out over the valley. Very nice! I'm always glad when MoFo's share pictures here; it makes it seem like we're closer as friends. Anyway, love the shot of you and Rob. (by the way who took the picture?

Hey Birdy!!!
we had a wonderful trip a lot of fun..even if it was absolutely freezing..sunday the temp on top mount washington was -7 with a 77 mph....they were not letting anyone up that morning, oh and the shot in the woods was taken by rob...instant timer...

the one on top of mt washington was taken by a passerby who was taking pictures of his girlfriend or wife..needless to say, he took two more shots like ours afterwards...

thanks for the compliments....i appreciate them...

MovieForums Extra
Originally Posted by r3port3r66

Hey Birdy!!!
Hey yourself!! Yup, that's me at work at Barnes and Noble. It was great meeting susan and rob.....they are the best. I just wish we had more time to talk.....maybe next trip??

Originally Posted by birdygyrl
Hey yourself!! Yup, that's me at work at Barnes and Noble. It was great meeting susan and rob.....they are the best. I just wish we had more time to talk.....maybe next trip??
thanks for the compliments..i appreciate it..it was great meeting you as well...next trip for sure...