has anyone been stalked?

Tools    

Enemies are so stimulating.
hey i realise this is a sensitive subject and i already tried to post this somewhere else but there isnt really any serious replies so i thought i would try again. so if you have been stalked i have a few questions for you for my research project. you can answer them on here or pm me:

GENERAL FANDOM QUESTIONS

1. Do you collect fan memorabilia of any sort? (magazines, clothes, dolls, dvds, books, cds) Please give details.

2. have you ever sent fan mail to a celebrity?

2a. if yes, why?

2b. if no, is it something you would ever do and why?

3. Have you ever seen a celebrity in the street or at an event? (please specify where)

3a. if yes, did you meet them and how?

3b. if no, did you try and meet them and how?

4. Have you ever followed a non celebrity? if so why? (could be a boy or girl you fancy etc)

STALKER QUESTIONS

1. When did you realise you were being stalked?

2. how are you being stalked? ie phone, internet, followed?

3. are you still being stalked?

3a. if no, how long ago were you stalked?
4. how did it make you feel? ie angry, scared, invaded?

5. were you being stalked by a male or female?

6. how do people react when you tell or told them?

7. has being stalked changed your life? ie have you become more careful, changed your appearence, got a new phone number, changed email address etc?

8. did you tell the police?

8a. if yes, what was said/done?

8b. if no, why?

thank you very much
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Kind of obsessive about the stalking thing lately, aren't you?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Kind of obsessive about the stalking thing lately, aren't you?
yeah well as i said its for my research project for uni. i have to be obsessive about it if i want results from people.

Originally Posted by sisboombah
yeah well as i said its for my research project for uni. i have to be obsessive about it if i want results from people.
Research...sure.

Some cops stalked me once; that was scary. I kept running and running, but they wouldn't stop. There were no laws at the time to protect me from them.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Some cops stalked me once; that was scary. I kept running and running, but they wouldn't stop. There were no laws at the time to protect me from them.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Okay… let me see if I can help out a little…

GENERAL FANDOM QUESTIONS

1. Do you collect fan memorabilia of any sort? (magazines, clothes, dolls, dvds, books, cds) Please give details.

I collect DVD’s… mainly of just movies I like… and cd’s of the band LIVE... and a few movie posters... but it depends on the art work with them...

No….

Not really… it’s never been my thing…

3. Have you ever seen a celebrity in the street or at an event? (please specify where)

Numerous times… a lot of them visit the Quarters off and on…

I wouldn’t exactly call it meeting them, but I have talked to a few... mainly through my job.

No, I didn’t go out of my way to meet any of them nor would I…

4. Have you ever followed a non celebrity? if so why? (could be a boy or girl you fancy etc)

Hmmm… well… I wouldn’t say I fancied them in the way you mean… but I’m a cop… what do you think…

STALKER QUESTIONS

I have never been stalked to my knowledge, but I did know someone who was and she gave me permission to share her information…

About a week after she broke up with a guy she had been with for two years…

She was followed, harassed on the phone, and received pictures of dead animals in her snail mail and finally pictures of herself that had been altered to look like they were covered with blood.

No…

About 2 years ago…

At first she was just angry and a bit disgusted… but before it was over, she was basically scared to death of him…

Male

Sadly, a lot of people just shrugged it off and seemed unconcerned in the beginning… later on many of them apologized for the way they acted…

7. has being stalked changed your life? ie have you become more careful, changed your appearence, got a new phone number, changed email address etc?

Yes, it has changed her… during the time it was going on, she changed her phone number, moved out of a single dwelling house into an apartment complex that had 24 hour security, and would call security to walk her to her apartment etc. … now, she is very leery of forming any type of a personal relationship with men…

Yes… she did...

At first she was told to call them if he harassed her… but after he was caught hiding in her bushes, she was told she needed to file a restraining order against him… which he violated, was arrested for, and taken to court over… mainly all he got was a fine and probation then… but after court, he left the building before her and when she got in the parking lot, he jumped out from behind a car and tried to choke her to death.... it took 4 cops to get him off of her… luckily she is okay and he is now serving time…

I didn't think about offering knowledge of a friend’s case until I saw Caitlyn's response, so I'll give it a whirl too.

GENERAL FANDOM QUESTIONS

I collect DVD's and CD's because I enjoy them, but I have never been obsessed with a celebrity.

No.

2a. if yes, why?
N/A

I've thought about emailing Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun Times before just to let him know how much I respect and admire him, but I haven't done it. I've never assumed that he would actually read it, rather one of his staff probably would. In any event, I think it highly unlikely that I ever will.

Yes.

I used to live on Orange Blvd. in Hollywood, less than 1 block behind Mann's Chinese Theater. I watched the crowd at a few premiers and saw some celebrity’s exit their vehicles then make their way down the red carpet. I saw Brad Pitt one day as I was walking down Hollywood Blvd. I didn't talk to him or even wave, I just looked at him. I saw Raymond Burr at Universal Studios when I was a kid and thought that was cool. My Grandfather and Father adored Perry Mason and watched them all the time. Somebody in the crowd almost fainted when she saw the miracle of his walking (In the TV show Ironside, he was disabled and stuck in a wheelchair). But the best was when I was working at The W (the swankiest hotel in Hollywood) and bumped into Jackie Chan. My job was to run around the Hotel and continuously wipe down all the brass fittings. He was out front waiting for a cab and when I said, "Good evening, Mr. Chan" he started a quick conversation. We stood there and chit-chatted for about 10-15 minutes while he waited for his cab to arrive. He was very friendly and gave me a $50 tip for getting his door.

N/A

Sure. When I'm walking down the street and see a lady with an exceptional fanny, I'll follow her until I get to where I'm going, but not in a menacing way. If she goes slow or dawdles, I’ll pass her and go on my way. I can't help it; I'm a sucker for a pretty package. If you ask most men if they've ever done that, most would say yes.

STALKER QUESTIONS

An old friend from a number of years ago was stalked by a long term boyfriend that she had dumped (drugs). She noticed immediately.

She was watched from outside her home, tons of calls that resulted in hang-ups (I'm assuming they were check-ups to see if a man answered or if she was home), sometimes when she came home things would be suspiciously moved around or gone (like her panties). He would show up at some events she would go to and beg to be taken back or sometimes he would get angry and make menacing remarks out of frustration.

No.

He went to jail after some time for an unrelated offence (drugs), and by the time he got (over a year) out he left her alone except for a handful of occasions where he wanted to be sure.

Sometimes she would be angry, sometimes terrified, but most of the time she was tired. The oppression of it all would wear her down.

Male.

Her friends were all supportive because they knew him as well. Nobody ever liked him because he was always bad for her. He never abused her, but he would lie, steal, not help, etc; regular bad boyfriend type of thing.

The police were not much help. This was before anti-stalking laws were in place in Oregon, so the guy wasn't doing anything illegal, with the exception of ransacking her home. We were never able to catch him in the act though.

She didn't do anything like that because she was poor. She lived in a house that the state paid for and got disability and food stamps. But of course she was always on guard and would constantly talk to us, her friends, about it.

Yes.

Like I said earlier, it was before they could actually do anything to him. She had a restraining order, but it's almost impossible to bust somebody in the act of breaking it. We all had the feeling that the police were sick to death of listening to our friends complaints. But when anti-stalking laws came into effect, they were more helpful.

8b. if no, why?
N/A

I hope that helped.

GENERAL FANDOM QUESTIONS

I guess you could say I am a bit of a bibliophile for my age, but my own personal collection of books is only around 180

2. have you ever sent fan mail to a celebrity? nope

2a. if yes, why?see above

2b. if no, is it something you would ever do and why? nope- I don't see the point.

3. Have you ever seen a celebrity in the street or at an event? (please specify where) nope- I lead an uneventful life

3a. if yes, did you meet them and how? see above

3b. if no, did you try and meet them and how? no

4. Have you ever followed a non celebrity? if so why? (could be a boy or girl you fancy etc) hmmmmmmmm- not really

STALKER QUESTIONS

1. When did you realise you were being stalked? i've never been stalked

2. how are you being stalked? ie phone, internet, followed? see abve

3. are you still being stalked? no

3a. if no, how long ago were you stalked? no
4. how did it make you feel? ie angry, scared, invaded? i wouldn't know

5. were you being stalked by a male or female? NA

6. how do people react when you tell or told them? NA

7. has being stalked changed your life? ie have you become more careful, changed your appearence, got a new phone number, changed email address etc? nA

8. did you tell the police? na

8a. if yes, what was said/done?na

8b. if no, why? na

there see how wonderfully boring i am- if I am followed it's because my friends are trying to catch up with me
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
GENERAL FANDOM QUESTIONS

Yes I collect the Bruce Lee movies, I own serveral of his books and have 3 poster of him hung up in my room. I take kung fu lessons but I dedicate a greater amount of time training on the wing chun stuff (which is what bruce derived most of his Jit Kune Do from) - I also train heavily on the tai chi stuff but thats besides the point.

No, because when I was born bruce lee has been dead for 10 years (1973).. not to mention the internet thing became VERY popular about 15 years after I was born. As for any other celebrity I didn't because I'm skeptical that they actually read it and I would probably just recieve some computer generated letter with my name typed in at the top.

If Burce was alive then sure, otherwise I would rather do something else with my time.

Yes, I have see David Carraidine (sp?) and serveral other members from that Kung Fu the ledgend continues at downtown chinatown, toronto, canada... I suppose they were filming an episode.

I was too young and a huge crowd gathered infront so no... I did try to push my way forward to see what they were going to do but my parents grab me and pulled me back.

No, maybe because I have yet to find someone who is worth that much attention.

STALKER QUESTIONS

Haha probably right after I beat the guy up and he said I'm going to kill you, you @!#$!@#$%@%.

When your in grade school practically 90% of the people live in the neighbourhood...infact we lived in the same building. He (which later became they) just followed me home day after day...and we had a lot more fist fights...which esclated to crank calls, people knocking on the door and running away at insane hours in the morning from both parties and apartment door defacing..... haha good times.

No but the whole bitter hatred thing did last for two years resulting in many schoolyard fights and many more trips to the principal's office.

Well it made me feel angry constantly... I guess I would say every fight just fueled the hatred more between us and soon enough it was just fighting for the sake of fighting.

Male

Hmmm, I lost contact from those friends who fought with me but my sister and I have a good chuckle about it every now and then.

Me? never, I like to deal with violent stalkers violently haha...I'm just grateful those fights were in the days when kids didn't have guns.

No, but the school did get the police involved and they put the whole juvie scare upon us...<--- that didn't slove anything.

The Police came and just tried to throw some Brass around and at the time I was too young even to be tried in juvie court.... we knew this and they knew we knew it... so they continued to put the scare on us which had effects but that dwindled as more fights resulted in the same treatment and never went anywhere.

thank you very much

hey guys thanks for all your replies. they were very helpful with my project. ive handed it in now so you dont need to answer the questions anymore. feel free to if your heart desires though