Stupid Thread!

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
OK here's another r66 question:

Would you rather tell people the truth about themselves, or would you spare their feelings and say something nice? For instance, someone--perhaps not a real friend, but a friend just the same: we'll call him Steve, comes up to you and asks, " Am I stupid?"
You say, "no, of course not."
Later that day you see another friend and you start taliking about Steve and all the mistakes he's done in life, and eventually you confirm that Steve, in fact is stupid. But you'd never tell Steve that. Why not?
On the other hand, don't you want people to tell you the truth about yourself--especially friends?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

If I value a person's opinion, then I want to hear the truth, even if it's brutal. I can probably count on one hand the times in my life where I even thought to myself "you know, if such and such is true, I wouldn't want to know." I'm obsessive about knowing the truth, about knowing what people really think. As much as it may hurt at times, I find it gives me a better understanding of how people in general think, and has probably helped to make me a better judge of character than I might have been otherwise. I'm a big believer in the idea that you genuinely learn from pain; more effectively than any other way, perhaps.

As for being blunt with others; unless I'm damn mad at them, I'll generally try to find a nice way to say what's really on my mind. I don't really flat-out lie just to keep someone's feelings intact, though. I'll at least play it down, or play up something else. I think that's the best kind of balance between being honest and being harsh.

Well, I first would ask "why are you asking me that"

Then I would say "you are not stupid but at times do stupid things"

I’m glad Yoda posted before me… now I can just say Ditto…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)