Favourite Horror Movie Trilogies/Franchises?

Tools    

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
1. Nightmare on elm street
2. Childs Play
3. Friday The 13th
4. Hellraiser

there my favourites in order

yours?

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Halloween
Evil Dead
Friday the 13th
Night of the Living Dead series
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream

I was pretty scared by it. Some of the visuals were pretty creative. Like the orbs and such.

I was pretty scared by it. Some of the visuals were pretty creative. Like the orbs and such.
Best last line ever BOOYYY

The vengeance trilogy and 3 extremes are high on my list. There needs to be more collections like that where 2-4 directors work off a vague concept for each of their own interpretations and make some great quality shorts.

Night of the living bread is also a classic

You've been touting the 3 Extremes. I might do that now.

Those asians just know how to tickle me. The Host comes to mind but everyone knows that one nowadays...

Dario Argento's animal trilogy and three mothers trilogy (yes even Mother of Tears) were great fun as well

Just saw The Host the other day. Very, very good film. Still not sure if it's better as a satire or a REAL film. I think it's possible that it actually works excellently as both which really impresses me.

---

Well. I watched Three... Extremes today, wintertriangles. It was quite awesome. Someone on here said that Miike's segment was the weakest, and it was in terms of scares, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on what might be the best FILM of the three.

I mean... let's get this over with. The middle one was godly in every possible way. Park is definitely the greatest of all three. However... it completely failed to make any kind of statement at all, I think, and the whole time I was waiting for it to do that. I mean, Saw at least had a mild moralism.

Might have been intentional, but the loltragic ending doesn't fit with some kind of UTTER absurdism that Park may have been going for.

In other words, it lacks a thematic consistency that the others definitely had and the Vengeance trilogy is known for.

Well. I watched Three... Extremes today, wintertriangles. It was quite awesome. Someone on here said that Miike's segment was the weakest, and it was in terms of scares, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on what might be the best FILM of the three.
Arguing over which is better is dumb to me because they all compliment each other. I think people say Miike's is the weakest because it's the most oblique and thinking about movies is "weird". I think I understood it after the second viewing.
I mean... let's get this over with. The middle one was godly in every possible way. Park is definitely the greatest of all three. However... it completely failed to make any kind of statement at all, I think, and the whole time I was waiting for it to do that. I mean, Saw at least had a mild moralism.

Might have been intentional, but the loltragic ending doesn't fit with some kind of UTTER absurdism that Park may have been going for.

In other words, it lacks a thematic consistency that the others definitely had and the Vengeance trilogy is known for.
I can understand that comparison. I think Cut was more of a fun project and rather than focusing on a moral lesson was far from his mind, even though the film basically set it up to where you expected one. Dumplings had lots about it: Bathory reference (imo), Chinese culture eating placenta reference, abortion ethics, etc. I don't know if Box or Cut intended to make any points other than prove they know how to make a ****ing great story.

BTW did you notice that both Dumplings and Cut had that weird tongue thing with both female characters?

Exactly. All three's styles are totally different. Still. I think Miike's is probably the most consistent and well-done of all of them.

I have heard about the eating placentas thing as a reality. It's literally no different than eating the actual baby in principal since it's basically as much an organ of the baby as its lung.

I find the answer to this one very difficult. Only in the end is an ethical crime committed when the lady kills the baby herself. Otherwise, the babies are already dead and would have been disposed of anyway. I know it's wrong and more than just disgusting, but I need to pin down the reason. Very excellent film for bringing out those questions without even coming close to asking them.

As far as horror trilogies go, The first three Alien films make up my favorite, though I don't think any have been as consistently good as The Evil Dead films. The original Frankenstein trilogy with Frankenstein, Bride of and Son of is great as well.

As far as franchises go:
Romero's Dead franchise. Considering that all hail from the same director, some may be disappointing, but NOTLD and DawnOTD alone make it worth the mention.

Dracula. With the 1931, 1958, 1992, and unofficial 1922 version in its repertoire, it stands among the best franchises in general, transcending the genre label.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Just like most classic horror monsters, its reputation has been slightly spoiled by too many sub par adaptions, but it still has a few noteworthy ones. Such as, good 1920 and 1941 versions, a superb 1931 version, and an Abbott and Costello parody.

Dr. Mabuse. Perhaps not generally well known, but in Germany, Dr. Mabuse is up there with Freddy, Myers and Lecter as far as horror villains go. Not to mention that the franchise has some very good flicks in it.

Lecter. Honeykid may not agree with this, but it's undeniable that the Hannibal Lecter franchise has garnered much success and quite a fan base. Since three of the films follow the same story, I suppose it could be listed under trilogy as well.

Predator. Now that the franchise has more than two standalone films under its belt, I think it's worth a mention.

I suppose the Halloween, NOES, and Friday the 13th films are the most notable horror film franchises, but they're all bloated with too many unnecessary sequels and remakes for me to call them favorites.

As far as franchises go:
Romero's Dead franchise. Considering that all hail from the same director, some may be disappointing, but NOTLD and DawnOTD alone make it worth the mention.
How come no one mentions Day Of The Dead?

nightmare on elm street and i did enjoy the first few saw movies.

Probably the Alien trilogy, if you accept them as horrors. I don't like to include the 4th one or crossovers. I do enjoy watching the Elm Street franchise, even though they got beyond silly. I just like the concept of lucid dreaming and each film does at least something interesting in regards to that theme.