Republican Smear Campaigns

Tools    

BANNED
We saw it happen to Bill Clinton, we saw it happen to John McCain, and now, we are seeing it happen to John Kerry: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...r/kerry_polier

When do these sick, twisted maniacs call it quits?

Originally Posted by Django
We saw it happen to Bill Clinton, we saw it happen to John McCain, and now, we are seeing it happen to John Kerry: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...r/kerry_polier

When do these sick, twisted maniacs call it quits?
It has been happening since the idea of a society in which officials are elected, like it is something new? I do not let this kind of thing sway me in any way.

BANNED
Originally Posted by 7thson
It has been happening since the idea of a society in which officials are elected, like it is something new? I do not let this kind of thing sway me in any way.
Maybe, but it's still sick... gutter politics...

To be fair, though, Arnold Schwarzenegger had to face it too, when he was about to become governor, from the Democrats. So obviously it works both ways.

It's just a shame that anyone who stands for anything in this fair land has to deal with a character assassination from the opposition. That's no way to do politics, in my opinion.

Didn't see it.
If you're interested in being fair, retitle the thread to "Political Smear Campaigns."

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
If you're interested in being fair, retitle the thread to "Political Smear Campaigns."
Exactly. No matter who is in office there will always be some media hound wanting to dig up any dirt to capitalize on it. If Ross Perot had won years ago I'd bet we would have heard whatever evile or questionable things he did in his past. The problem is with the sensationalism of the media and greed.

And...unfortunately Django isn't interested in being fair. He has his own agenda.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Exactly. No matter who is in office there will always be some media hound wanting to dig up any dirt to capitalize on it. If Ross Perot had won years ago I'd bet we would have heard whatever evile or questionable things he did in his past. The problem is with the sensationalism of the media and greed.

And...unfortunately Django isn't interested in being fair. He has his own agenda.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My life isn't written very well.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

BANNED
No, why should I? I'm talking about Republican smear campaigns. The fact is that I just don't see Democratic political campaigns engaging in the sought of rumor-mongering, innuendo and, frequently, outright slander that I see Republicans engaging in. If you want to start a thread about Democratic smear campaigns, though I trust that it will be a pretty meager thread, because I don't see many of those around, feel free to do so.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Aniko

Bullsh*t! I don't have an "agenda"! That's an absurd statement!

I have an opinion, and I have the right to an opinion, as well as the right to express that opinion. True, it is a personal opinion, but it is my opinion. And, as it happens, that opinion is based on the facts... at least, as I see and interpret them, i.e. my personal experience of the facts.