Need a cool movie name for my baby

Tools    

In five weeks, my wife will bless me with our second daughter. While thinking of a name for our first girl, we decided that we wanted a name would allow her to fit right in as a member of a sorority, but also in a corprate board room.

After watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off, we chose Sloan (for Sloan Peterson, Ferris' girlfriend). It has been wildly popular with our friends, and they are anxiously awaiting our next choice.

We're stuck. Any help? Again, it's got to be a cool girlie name, but also distinguished. And it must be unique.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Hmm, here are a few Kong likes:

Amelie from Amelie
Enid from Ghost World
Mia from Pulp Fiction
Madeleine from Vertigo
Scarlett from Gone With the Wind
Maria from West Side Story

and of course.... Kong from King Kong

Did you know you misspelled your kid's name. It's Sloane with an 'e' on the end. Oh, well.

If you wanna stick with John Hughes movies, how about Long Duck Dong or Duckie or Woobie? Oh, wait, it's a girl. OK, then Curly Sue will have to do.

How about Leia or Amidala or Uhura, like a proper full-on geek torturing their child?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Fertility (Survivor book)

I must become Caligari..!
Mia from Pulp Fiction
I like this one
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Trinity (from Matrix)...and i like Mia too

i don't like Sloane...sorry

Kong and Holden...

I'm worried that we'll have to start paying admission just for these two.

Kong: Love your presence on the board man!
Holden: Finally somebody to play off your extremely funny sense of humor.

Are they the same person???

Okay, onto the topic at hand. Sloan's a cool name regardless of the spelling. At least without the 'e' nobody can accuse her parent's of copying.

I wanted to name my second unborn Tristin, Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall, if it were to be a boy, but it was to be another girl. Thank goodness, I couldn't imagine not having Jessy. Anyway, (sigh, I'm in a rambling mood) how about:

RIPLEY!!!!

Yayyyyyy....I DID IT!!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Sabrina-i got stuck with the name...a lot of people like it however

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

wilson......

I like Mia and Lilly too... and also Evie and Matilda...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Well, there's the secretary from Ferris Bueller, Grace.

A novel adaptation.
He could also send him to school in pink hotpants and a shirt that says "I'm gay! Make fun of me!" Holds, it'd probably have the same effect.
If you're having a boy, give him a real man's name, like Shirley.

As for your daughter, ever consider Nikita?
As in La Femme...?

Originally posted by n7of9
Trinity (from Matrix)...and i like Mia too

i don't like Sloane...sorry
Trinity also I used to work with a girl named trinity back in 1970's Always thought it was unusual but really liked it.