Day of the Dead 1985
Fright Night 1985
Dawn of the Dead 2004
A Quiet Place Part II 2020

+ Dune: Part Two 2024

Dawn of the Dead 1978
The Return of the Living Dead 1985

Mona Lisa -
Bob Hoskins as an ex con driving around a high priced whore for his mob boss and getting a little too close, causing problems.

Beau Travail -
Nice looking but not my kind of movie. Would love to see a Russ Meyer/ Andy Sidaris inspired re make but that probably won't happen.

God's Little Acre -
Uneven. The second half is pretty good but the first half is strange. Was always on Team Mary Ann but Ginger is pretty smoking hot in this one and gives a very good performance.

Humanite' -
This was unique. Very slow but I never thought it was boring. It's about a detective investigating a childs rape and murder but it's not about that at all.

The Vampire Lovers -
Perfect treadmill movie. Nothing wrong with it at all. Ingrid Pitt as a vampire using her wiles to seduce folks to the dark side. Had everything I was looking for. Peter Cushing co stars as, you guessed it, a vampire hunter.

A Man For All Seasons -
The story of Thomas More. Loved it. Great performances all around.

The Street Fighter -
Was a little disappointed. Expectations were probably a too high but Sonny Chiba was still fun to watch.

Anatomy of a Fall -
Did she or didn't she? Loved it. Best movie of 2023? Nah, but it's very good.

The Favourite -
Backstabbing for the favor of Queen Anne via Yorgos Lanthimos. It certainly had it's moments. I'm really becoming a fan of Lanthimos filmmaking style.

Re-watched Poor Things
Still Love it.

April

- Timescape 1992

+ The Postman Always Rings Twice 1946
+ Johnny Handsome 1989
+ Let It Ride 1989
+ Knox Goes Away 2023/24

The Limey 1999

Aftersun (2022)- Part of the 33rd HoF. This was a completely blind watch. It's a bit of a travelogue of a daughter and her father at a middle of the road resort in Eastern Europe. The relationship between the 2 is the heart of the movie and it's very good. Movies with child actors can be hit or miss but the young actress in this does a phenomenal job. Kind of a downer ending but well worth the trip.

Cannibal Terror (1980) - This was god awful but fun. A couple criminals escape with a hostage to a safe haven in the middle of nowhere. The thing with safe havens is if you decide to tie up and rape the owners daughter, the safety part of safe haven kind of goes out the window which is exactly what happens. The owner and father of the woman finds his daughter tied up then proceeds to feed the criminals to a local cannibal tribe. Just an awful movie but fun. All the cannibals look like they're from Jersey. It has several scenes that have **** all to do with the plot and some scenes go on forever but are so WTF that , I don't know, ya just go with it? Has some of your typical meat market gore.
based on enjoyment not quality. It's really bad.

Cannibals:

Lilya 4-ever (2002)- This is another outstanding film but a little (understatement) on the depressing side. Lilya is abandoned by her mother and pretty much left to fend for herself. Things go from bad to worse then she meets a guy who promises a better life in Sweden(?). She agrees to go with him and things go from bad to worse. A real gut punch of a movie and the ending is weird. Not weird in a Lynch way but weird in how you may feel about it. Is it good for Lilya or is it bad? Highly recommend.

Infernal Affairs (2002) - The movie that gave us The Departed. So if you've seen The Departed you know what to expect. I thought it was a little tighter than The Departed but like them about the same.