Iron Man

Tools    

I just hope they keep the theme-song from the cartoon show.

I

I AM

I AM IRON MAAAAAN

how bout matt dillan? for tony spark? any actor will do besides once they put up the "gear" it's all in the hands of the CG artist isn't? hehehe. anyway i can't wait for this movie..

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Tony Spark!? Matt Dillan!? Clearly you're not awake yet. Just to correct you before I go any further, it's Tony Stark and I'm not going to hit on the mispelling of Mr. Dillon's last name, but I will say one other thing...NO.

RDJ was cast a while back, while at first I was skeptical, the shots since the announcement have had me biting my tongue, he truly looks the part, much like when Tobey Maguire was cast as Peter Parker, there was skepticism and all that jazz, but the first shot of him in character was like it had been taken straight out of the comic.

All in all, this movie won't be Oscar winning material by any means, but it will be at the top of my list for next year.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'll admit that my expectations for this movie have grown particularly higher that my expectations for other comic book movies. I suppose thats just based off the preview trailer.

But theres still plenty of time for cynicysm, disbelief and skepticism.

thats hot

Pretty awesome trailer. Jon Faverau showed it at this years recent San Diego ComicCon and it got rave attention. Looks outstanding though we will see what happens when it hits theaters.

Pretty awesome trailer.

Looks pretty amazing, I was very skeptical about Downy playing Stark (He did nice job in Zodiac too I thought), but if the trailer is any indication of the movie I love it...sarcasm, alcoholism, genius...yay!!!!

Beware The Probe!
Ok, I admit, I liked the trailer. A lot. I'm not a fan of Iron Man, and I only know a bit about him, but as an outsider, I'm fairly excited.
Well, here's a bit of information about the current comics version of Iron Man...

I'm a huge comic book fan/collector and I gotta say the funny thing is, anyone and EVERYONE who reads comics is loving what they've seen of the Iron Man movie so far.
Yet Iron Man, the comic book character, is extremely hated by most comic book fans ever since he started the Marvel Civil War last year by enforcing a super-hero registration act on the general super-population throughout the Marvel comics line.
Marvel writers were accused of writing Iron Man out of character with the way he's been acting as of late.

Tony Stark, now head of SHIELD, along with other registered superheroes, actually turned against every superhero in America who didn't want to reveal their secret identities to the government (and who can blame them for not wanting to do that).

They physically beat down and arrested otherwise good decent super-folk and imprisoned them potentially for life without even a trial in a gigantic prison built on an asteroid in Reed Richard's Negative Zone just because they wouldn't unmask (Spiderman was originally on Stark's side and revealed his secret identity to the world to help promote the registration act but soon switched sides when he found himself questioning Iron Man's tactics).
Stark even started up groups of SHIELD agents (dubbed 'cape-killers') specificly equipped to take down any superhero who didn't comply. If an unregestered hero saved lives in public or foiled a criminal's evil plans SHIELD agents were alerted immediately and a squad of cape-killers dispatched to arrest the hero at any cost.
He even went so far as to employ actual supervillains to assist in hunting down these heroes.

Stark also cloned the thunder-god, Thor (from a strand of hair Tony had held on to since their first meeting many years ago) to help in his quest to control the superhero population which resulted in the android-clone killing former Avenger, Goliath.

Captain America lead the opposing side of heroes against the registration act and Iron Man almost beat him to death at one point.

After losing the Civil War, Captain America was shot and killed as he was being lead into court to stand trial.

Currently, in Marvel Comics is the World War Hulk tie-in series where the Hulk has returned to Earth angrier than ever before after Iron Man, Reed Richards, Namor, Dr. Strange and Black Bolt (whom along with Professor X have manipulated a great many significant events throughout Marvel's history as the secretive masterminds known as The Illuminati) launched him into space to get rid of him a couple years ago.

Many comic fans have been very verbal in what they would like to see Hulk to do to Iron Man in his revenge. The general consensus is Tony Stark deserves every bad thing that may happen to him at the Hulk's hands.

But still, despite being the most hated superhero in Marvel comics today, his upcoming movie is favored by all.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
As much as I think Robert Downey Jr is going to do wonderfully, I am not looking forward to this film. It seems a little too much like, "Alright let's just put him in a suit of armor and blow some **** up! Sound good?" I'll guess we will wait and see....