My quick two cents on "Barbenheimer".

→ in
Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
1. I did the meme with my wife-to-be, seeing Oppenheimer first, break for dinner, and then Barbie.

2. Expect Oscar noms for both. Could finally be a win for Nolan and Murphy, and Barbie will be robbed if it isn't nom'd for production design at the very least.

3. As far as proverbial summer blockbusters go, Oppenheimer is the total opposite of what one would expect. Nolan’s name and the cast is what put asses in the seats, because the film is almost all talking with a plot shift at the start of the third act. There's barely any action, which is commonly associated with both Nolan and summer blockbusters.

4. And Barbie is this generations 9 to 5. Nothing wrong with that; both are solid films, with Barbie being unique and original. And to that point...

5. I preferred Oppenheimer, as did my fiancée. She corrected me on this, hence the edit.

Here's hoping Barbie sweeps the Oscars in a pastel hue of ultra bright smiles. Oppenheimer so far sounds like a 3 hour bore but for the sake of Cillian Murphy's emancipated new body let's hope he picks up a Best Actor award for all that fasting. I've seen neither of these jims[sic] and not excited to watch either either. But at least Barbie looks wacked enough to be fun whilst Nolan's 3 hour ode to odyssey is uninviting to my movie watching dilemmas. That was my two cents based on nutin' at all.

I saw Barbie on Thursday and had very mixed feelings. The acting and cinematography was good. I didn't like the direction the story went in and it became too preachy and heavy handed. It's Gerwig's weakest film for me. I rated it a 6/10. I plan to see Oppenheimer this weekend.

I saw Barbie on Thursday and had very mixed feelings. The acting and cinematography was good. I didn't like the direction the story went in and it became too preachy and heavy handed. It's Gerwig's weakest film for me. I rated it a 6/10. I plan to see Oppenheimer this weekend.
Oh, that doesn't sound promising. I'm not interested in it but I thought my wife might like it. Well who knows maybe someone will nom it in a future HoF and I'll catch it.

So far the reviews sounds like it's the summer of movie duds.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
There are already half-wits spamming about how reverse sexism doesn't exist and women can't be misandric. The half-wits on the other side are spamming about how Barbie is the most radical toxic feminist trash ever made. The culture war rages on.

Oh, the same half-wits say that 3-hour-long films are boring and Oppenheimer was just OK.

I'll just wait until these two films are released on BluRay.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

BARBIE DEFEATS OPPENHEIMER! BARBIE DEFEATS OPPENHEIMER! HOT OFF THE PRESS! YOU HEARD IT FIRST FOLKS! BUY ONE COPY, BUY TWO! ONLY 5c A PIECE! HURRY BEFORE OUR PRESS BREAKS! AGAIN, BARBIE DEFEATS OPPENHEIMER!

Both Films Suck. The Last Voyage Of The Demeter And The Napoleon Film With Joaquin Phoenix Will Hopefully Kill Both barbie and Oppenheimer.

1. I did the meme with my wife-to-be, seeing Oppenheimer first, break for dinner, and then Barbie.

2. Expect Oscar noms for both. Could finally be a win for Nolan and Murphy, and Barbie will be robbed if it isn't nom'd for production design at the very least.

3. As far as proverbial summer blockbusters go, Oppenheimer is the total opposite of what one would expect. Nolan’s name and the cast is what put asses in the seats, because the film is almost all talking with a plot shift at the start of the third act. There's barely any action, which is commonly associated with both Nolan and summer blockbusters.

4. And Barbie is this generations 9 to 5. Nothing wrong with that; both are solid films, with Barbie being unique and original. And to that point...

5. I preferred Oppenheimer, as did my fiancée. She corrected me on this, hence the edit.
Personally, I would love to see Barbie get an original screenplay nomination and I would love to see a lead actor nod for Ryan Gosling.

Welcome to the human race...
Personally, I would love to see Barbie get an original screenplay nomination and I would love to see a lead actor nod for Ryan Gosling.
I think Barbie is only eligible for an adapted screenplay nomination since it's based on existing characters. I do wonder if it makes more sense to push Gosling as a supporting actor - his role is malleable enough that it could go either way.

Both Films Suck. The Last Voyage Of The Demeter And The Napoleon Film With Joaquin Phoenix Will Hopefully Kill Both barbie and Oppenheimer.
What. Leaving aside the quality of the films in question, part of the reason "Barbenheimer" is a thing is because those two films came out at the same time so I don't know why you're picking two other films that are coming out months apart as their competition (and Last Voyage wasn't good either).

BARBIE DEFEATS OPPENHEIMER! BARBIE DEFEATS OPPENHEIMER! HOT OFF THE PRESS! YOU HEARD IT FIRST FOLKS! BUY ONE COPY, BUY TWO! ONLY 5c A PIECE! HURRY BEFORE OUR PRESS BREAKS! AGAIN, BARBIE DEFEATS OPPENHEIMER!
That might be true, but, then again, Barbie never reduced anybody to a radioactive slag heap. I'd certainly grant that Barbie was more fun for a popcorn-night movie, but having also been a science geek and seen some past movies about the Bomb, as well as having read several long books, I'd definitely give Oppenheimer my nod for illustrating a historic drama that's influenced us ever since that day in New Mexico. Somebody was going to make a bomb sooner or later (note that character Leo Szilard) and it's probably less awful that it was the US. They got Oppenheimer's baggy suit and broad brimmed hat, as well as Groves' grouchy demeanor just about right.

It's hard to do a historic drama that can match cute dolls and lots of pastel colors, and hard to make a movie that's not easier to watch than the drama of a bomb that incinerated hundreds of thousands, but so many people are lacking in any knowledge of the things that made our world happen, that Oppenheimer just might need to be required viewing, just so that viewers know what we live with every day.