Challenge: One Film for every Country

Tools    

Early 2024 update?...

This is all-time, so not very impressive...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

The trick is not minding
For Estonia, I’d recommend Tangerines.
Taiwan, early Ang Lee films are good ir I love Hou films. Dust In The Wind, Daughter of the Nike.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
For Estonia, I’d recommend Tangerines.
I would second that though the movie is a Georgian one too (a collaboration). So, I'd mostly suggest it for Georgia. The director and screenwritter is a Georgian and it takes place in Georgia. The main actor is an Estonian. Anyway, the theme is international one.

What are the rules of this game?

Also answers to Jabba
What are the rules of this game?
It is a challenge I set for myself a long time ago, trying to expand my world cinema knowledge. The point is to try and watch a film from every country in the world, or at least from as many countries as possible since some smaller nations have never produced a film.

The rules are a tad vague because the lines of which country does a film belong to tend to be blurry (as your example illustrated) but it is up to you to decide exactly how you want to count films.

Okay, to start with, for Bulgaria, I suggest some old time story, kind of Eastern (Western):
Manly Times (1977)

A story about old time traditions of some ethnic minority of the Rhodope mountains, featuring one of the biggest movie stars in the country. Hope you to find it with subtitles (avoid the dubbed ones), the vocal sounds are very important.

Also answers to Jabba
Okay, to start with, for Bulgaria, I suggest some old time story, kind of Eastern (Western):
Manly Times (1977)

A story about old time traditions of some ethnic minority of the Rhodope mountains, featuring one of the biggest movie stars in the country. Hope you to find it with subtitles (avoid the dubbed ones), the vocal sounds are very important.
I assume you are Bulgarian?

One of the few I have found for the country, (though I haven't watched it yet) is The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner. Any thoughts?

One of the few I have found for the country, (though I haven't watched it yet) is The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner. Any thoughts?
Yeah, try it, I'm curious what you'll say. That's of the new era. It is a system supported movie so I guess that's what can be found world wide.
You know, in 1990 the western world was totally changed because of the Berlin Wall, most of the countries are different so the film industry too (from LA to Moscow). Bear that in mind.

The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner (2008) is one of the most popularized movies of the new era (it was the candidate for the Oscars). I would suggest some other movies by its director Stefan Komandarev who is riding high in EU during the last decade.

Manly Times (1977)

Just added this to my watchlist.

To me, this is more of a checklist-like thing. I don't put any specific goal other than maybe watching one from every country before I die?

Also answers to Jabba
I recently completed all of South America, which doesn't sound like a big accomplishment but is actually the only continent for which every country has a film available.

Recent watches: Bulgaria, Uruguay, Paraguay, Liberia and Greenland (which is not a country, but still a fun one to include in a separate category)