ABC canceled Last Man Standing despite it being it's Number 2 program

Tools    

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/abc-...lens-hit-show/

I've seen a fair few of episodes it was pretty good family show promoting family values.

That's just disgusting that ABC would cancel the show for not agreeing with Tim Allen's political beliefs.

That's workforce discrimination in Australia.

I watched the show faithfully for the six seasons it was on and Tim Allen always brings the laughs, but I don't know anyone else who watches it so its cancellation wasn't a shock.

"Number two program" is false in one sense, and misleading in another.

It's false because it was their #2 comedy, not their #2 show of any kind, I believe.

It's misleading because ratings are not the only consideration: it's also ratings relative to costs. Last Man Standing was particularly expensive, probably in large part because of Tim Allen.

EDIT: it also lags in the demo, IE: younger viewers, which can be just as important as total viewers.

"Number two program" is false in one sense, and misleading in another.

It's false because it was their #2 comedy, not their #2 show of any kind, I believe.

It's misleading because ratings are not the only consideration: it's also ratings relative to costs. Last Man Standing was particularly expensive, probably in large part because of Tim Allen.

EDIT: it also lags in the demo, IE: younger viewers, which can be just as important as total viewers.
I made a bit of a mistake, It was their #3 scripted TV show and their #2 Comedy behind Modern Family. It was still one of their highest rated programs.

Fox produces the show, so does that mean that they have the rights to air it on their network?

It would give them the big numbers that they desperately want plus the network is pro Conservative.