Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

definitely The Elephant Man ..

Saving Private Ryan
Crash
Requiem for a dream
Forrest Gump

When I was a kid I went and saw Beaches by mistake. Totally thought it was going to be something else. I think it was the first movie that really mad me sad and brought me down.

I would have to go with Glory, Schnidlers List, and Hotel Rwanda as the saddest Ive seen. All very powerful movies. Just cant help but be effected by them.

history *is* moralizing
and now, Mogsori/The Voice, Korea 2005

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
What is the saddest movie you have seen ever in your life?

At first I thought it was Requim for a Dream, but recently I have realized the saddest movie ever is the one which completes a story started in 1977.

Yes, thats right the saddest movie I think I have ever seen is Revenge of the Sith.
totally i saw star wars 3 12 times...i just couldnt grasp the fact that it was over...reqium for a dream was just disturbing

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
i wouldnt call it the saddest ever but Rain Man got to me the first time i saw it
whatever, Rain Man sucked...Tom Cruise annoyed the hell outta me cuz he was a complete douch but i must say dennis hoffman was great, he studies his characters

rain man sucked

The Road To Perdition really got me. Sullivan Jr's last words in the film are so memorable: "He was my father." They invoke an emotion that's too complex for tears.

The Elephant Man - It's not necessarily sad in the end, but just generally the way John was treated. And his declaration in the subway: "I am a MAN!!" That gets me. And when the princess dedicates her performance to him, and every one in the auditorium stands up and applauds him.

And we say to ourselves, "Well if that were in a movie, I wouldn't believe it."

www.myspace.com/randeath - me

www.myspace.com/animasana - my band

The movie Monster with Charlize Theron nearly killed me. I had strong urges to strangle Christina Ricci as well. The biggest kill joy was definately Million Dollar Baby. That was just horrible.

Also sad: Braveheart, Glory, The last unicorn (a cartoon), Birth, Armagedon and I heard that Mystic River is harsh too-I haven't built myself up to watch that yet.

Originally Posted by The Watcher
The movie Monster with Charlize Theron nearly killed me. I had strong urges to strangle Christina Ricci as well. The biggest kill joy was definately Million Dollar Baby. That was just horrible.

Also sad: Braveheart, Glory, The last unicorn (a cartoon), Birth, Armagedon and I heard that Mystic River is harsh too-I haven't built myself up to watch that yet.
Mystic River is amazing. It drops a major tear-jerker 30 minutes into the film, then drops another one in the end. It's a slow building movie, but it takes it's time so you can appreciate it in the end. Sean Penn's performance was amazing.

Taking care of planet Earth
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Yeah, Million Dollar Baby had me in tears too. "A Perfect World" is another Clint movie that got me blubbing when I saw it too, perhaps it's time to give that another watch.

Didn't have me in tears but "In the Mood for Love" was pretty sad when you get to the end of the film
WARNING: "In the Mood for Love" spoilers below
you realise they aren't going to get together.

Is 2046 a sequel of sorts to this? I must investigate because the story had me hooked by the end.

Without going in to deep, probably for me

1) Schinndler's list
2)The killing fields
3)Scarface (just the ending, he wanted it all)
4) Instinct
5) Titanic

I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN, BUT NOT YET, BUT NOT YET- Gladiator

District B13
Mystic River had Bacon in one of the most piss you off because he's a hypocritical assbag roles ever.

That movie should've ended differently.

I've also heard that ****SPOILER**** Sean Penn and his wife are truly the good guys whilst Tim Robbin's wife is the bad guy ****SPOILER**** Which, if true, will make me hate the author's morality.

That just sent me spiraling in hatred, how could it end that way.

Not sad, but angry at the hypocrisy.

I'll say Requiem for a Dream again just for clarification.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
I've also heard that ****SPOILER**** Sean Penn and his wife are truly the good guys whilst Tim Robbin's wife is the bad guy ****SPOILER**** Which, if true, will make me hate the author's morality.

I know where you're coming from... truly I do. Though the bad lady in that film is Dave Boyle's (Tim Robbins) wife Celeste Boyle. She should have stood by her fnaughtywordcking man and held a compassion in her heart to communicate with the twisted bastard. We all know that when that little kid took a ride in that car... that he never came back and the wife new his fricking history! The wife should have found out the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help her God. Her big rat of a screwy mouth is what got her husband whacked! Till' death do them part! David did the death thing alone and Celeste couldn't help with the dying part. Sad ...but I know where you're coming from, truly I do.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Clark Nova
Is 2046 a sequel of sorts to [In The Mood For Love]? I must investigate because the story had me hooked by the end.
Sorta. It tells the story of Tony Leung's character, after the timeline of In the Mood for Love. It's not entirely Maggie Cheung-less, but mostly about the other guy dealing with the fallout from their relationship.

The End of the Affair with Ralph Fiennes and Julianne Moore breaks my heart. Also, The English Patient. Pretty much anything with Ralph Fiennes in it makes me cry. Except Red Dragon, that just gave me the willies.

District B13
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I know where you're coming from... truly I do. Though the bad lady in that film is Dave Boyle's (Tim Robbins) wife Celeste Boyle. She should have stood by her fnaughtywordcking man and held a compassion in her heart to communicate with the twisted bastard. We all know that when that little kid took a ride in that car... that he never came back and the wife new his fricking history! The wife should have found out the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help her God. Her big rat of a screwy mouth is what got her husband whacked! Till' death do them part! David did the death thing alone and Celeste couldn't help with the dying part. Sad ...but I know where you're coming from, truly I do.
I completely disagree with this statement. HEAVY MYSTIC RIVER SPOILERS AHEAD.

She found out her husband was lying, confronted him on more than one occasion in which he scared the crap out of her, managed to lie to police detectives, including the piss ant Bacon (not the actor, but his role), and DID care about what transpired.

Flipping Penn, on the other spectrum, managed to scare the neighborhood to tears with his mafia occult, didn't weigh facts, and ultimately killed someone who was innocent, FFS!

I've heard crap like Penn was engrossed in sadness and "what would've you done" type deals. It's all crap, Penn was a thug/ganster prick who kills because he is a jerk off.

And his wife was happy to get Penn's daughter out of the way, she was always pulling for her daughters' attention, this is clearly outlined by her father when they meet at the mourning. "What are you going to do about MY family", screw your daughter.

Penn's wife is a tool who is going to burn in hell, along with Penn.

Celeste gave in becuase she was scared of her crazy husband. She should've went to the police, that's her only fault.

But can we all agree that we feel sorry for Tim Robbins and that Bacon is a jackass?