→ in
Tools    

37. Gone with the Wind (1939)

"With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."

36. Full Metal Jacket (1987)

"You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece!"

35. For a Few Dollars More (1965)

"Alive or dead? It's your choice."

Great picks with For a Few Dollars More, FMJ, Shawshank, and Jaws.

Gone With the Wind, Grapes of Wrath, Train Your Dragon, and Guardians are all on my to see list.

Saving Private Ryan was good, but I don't love it.

34. A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

33. The Dark Knight (2008)

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

32. The Cove (2009)

"The thing that turned me around was the death of Flipper, of Cathy. She was really depressed. I could feel it. I could see it. And she committed suicide in my arms. That's a very strong word, suicide. But you have to understand dolphins and other whales are not automatic air breathers, like we are. Every breath they take is a conscious effort. And so they can end their life whenever life becomes too unbearable by not taking the next breath. And it's in that context I use the word suicide. She did that. She swam into my arms, looked me right in the eye, and took a breath... and didn't take another one."

31. Boyhood (2014)

"You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment? I don't know, I'm kind of thinking it's the other way around, you know, like the moment seizes us."

30. Blackfish (2013)

"There is no record of an orca doing any harm to a human in the wild."

29. Badlands (1973)

"One day, while taking a look at some vistas in Dad's stereopticon, it hit me that I was just this little girl, born in Texas, whose father was a sign painter, who only had just so many years to live. It sent a chill down my spine and I thought where would I be this very moment, if Kit had never met me? Or killed anybody... this very moment... if my mom had never met my dad... if she had never died. And what's the man I'll marry gonna look like? What's he doing right this minute? Is he thinking about me now, by some coincidence, even though he doesn't know me? Does it show on his face? For days afterwards I lived in dread. Sometimes I wished I could fall asleep and be taken off to some magical land, and this never happened."

28. Unforgiven (1992)

"I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned."

27. The Thin Blue Line (1988)

"Prosecutors in Dallas have said for years - any prosecutor can convict a guilty man. It takes a great prosecutor to convict an innocent man."

26. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

"The Bible speaks of the Ark leveling mountains and laying waste to entire regions. An army which carries the Ark before it... is invincible."

25. Pulp Fiction (1994)

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

24. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)

"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for."

23. It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

"Please God, let me live again."

22. Chinatown (1974)

"Let sleeping does lie."

21. Back to the Future (1985)

"Jesus, George, it was a wonder I was even born."

20. Annie Hall (1977)

"After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken.' And, uh, the doctor says, 'Well, why don't you turn him in?' The guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs."

19. Alien (1979)

"There is an explanation for this, you know."

18. Toy Story (1995)

"'Extremely dangerous. Keep out of reach of children.' Cool! What am I gonna blow?"

17. Taxi Driver (1976)

"Then suddenly, there is a change."

16. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

"Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless."

15. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

"Which one of you nuts has got any guts?"

14. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"Pretty soon the widow MacBain won't be a problem no more."

13. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

"He was the most extraordinary man I ever knew."

12. Goodfellas (1990)

"Jimmy was the kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the movies."

11. Casablanca (1942)

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Once Upon a Time in the West, Lawrence of Arabia, Goodfellas, Casablanca, Before Sunrise and Apocalypse Now are all on my top 100 Some great films here.

Casablanca and Before Sunrise I would consider the two greatest romances that I have ever seen. I love them so much, especially Casablanca, I watched it again the other day for I think the fourth time, what a masterpiece.

That's a major helping of some of the best films ever made since I last checked in. The Thin Blue Line is an unusual choice, but also a very good one.

6. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."