Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I'm Still Here (2010)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

mother!

8/10

I actually made a review on it with my feminist take on it that is apart from what Aronofsky actually intended with the movie (Genesis) but the beauty of highly allegorical movies is that there are a looot of interpretations floating around on the internet and this is one of them

not sure if this is allowed but here it is
https://kissmeinthedarkarthouse.word...tive-analysis/

Best...GIF.....ever!!!!!
One of Peckinpah's best known movies, when he still had his mind. He almost single-handedly brought gun and knife gore to the popular cinema.. I enjoyed the cinematography and all the new (at the time) special effects. But they spent too long on the misery of the Mexican captive: too long a lead up to the punch line. What a fabulous cast, though!!

~Doc

Jake LaMotta died today.

Ghastly movie. Emma Thompson looked like she took a bath in self-tanning lotion.

A hot mess. Horrible.

Loved Bone Tomahawk. Extremely well written film.
I just read the written reviews & they were glowing. I lasted maybe 15 minutes. A guy's movie, maybe?

I just read the written reviews & they were glowing. I lasted maybe 15 minutes. A guy's movie, maybe?
Maybe, especially if you didn't love the first fifteen minutes. I love all the character set-up. Extremely funny movie for what it is.

I just read Bone Tomahawk written reviews & they were glowing. I lasted maybe 15 minutes. A guy's movie, maybe?
15 minutes? I shut it off before that, I don't think I made it 10 minutes.

Welcome to the human race...
I remember a while back when SC started an "anti-Movie Tab" thread where people posted the last movie they started but didn't finish. Seems like it could use a comeback for instances like this.

The House by the Cemetery -

About as entertaining as you expect a low-grade giallo riff on The Shining to be.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”

7/10

Gary Oldman is my fave Dracula. Movie isn't perfect but I love most of it. Oldman and Hopkins are great.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Naked City (1948) Originally
but because of the Narrator
. And let me tell ya, I ENJOY voice overs and narrators -- so it's gotta be pretty d@mn bad if a Narrator ruins a film for me. Which is a shame, this really is a good noir from the police side of things. Some great shots and done on location, which is pretty new at the time. Absolutely loved Barry Fitzgerald as the leading Homicide detective (which, I kinda always do).
But that terrible, mocking narrator reminded me of those old "How To" document style films for Science class and the like that were filmed in the 50's and 60's and still using them in the 70's when I was a kid. Ruined a really good movie with it.