Produced by

Raymond Chow

Leonard Ho

Starring

Mars

Hwang In-Shik

Tien Feng

Synopsis

Dragon is the son of a Chinese aristocrat who is always getting in trouble, and likes to skip his lessons. Dragon tries to send a love note to the girl he likes via a kite, but the kite gets away. Dragon tries to get the kite and letter back which have landed on the roof of the headquarters of a gang of thieves who are planning to steal artifacts from the towns temple. Dragon interferes with the gang's plans and is forced to fight off the gang.

Jackie doing a jump!

Review

Some legend on YouTube put the Australian English dub of this film from 1983 onto their channel. Being the mega Jackie fan I am [and because of the fact I literally own a blog dedicated to action films), I took time to watch the movie and ultimately enjoyed it.

There are a lot of reasons I love this movie.

It's very different. This film has Jackie playing.. not as a cop, but the lacking son of a rich businessman. Wow. Not only is Jackie's character different, but one of the major things in the films is different.

Jackie and his village boys do sports! This is an action sports film. SPORTS. While you might not be used to sports in Jackie's films (considering this is 1 out of 2 of them), you should be because this is amazing. Speaking of the sports, the movie starts off with all the people in Dragon's village CLIMBING UP THE TOP of a ******* pyramid to get a rugby ball. 3 minutes in the film and we already get an amazing sequence. A seven minute sequence. Then 5 minutes after the end of the sequence, we get a fight scene between Dragon and Cowboy.. over a girl. For 2 minutes. Until everyone starts freaking out because Dragon's father comes in the scene right after Dragon says he's not scared of his dad. Then 15 minutes later we get ANOTHER sports scene. FOR TEN MINUTES. Ever see that in Jackie Chan films? NO. And DON'T bring up Dragons Forever. That's not a sports movie. Still, I kinda feel bad for anyone who got the version of the movie where the rugby match is at the end.

The film was a combo of Mars and Chan. You rarely see Mars fight in films, but when he does, he does an amazing job. Mars is the best stuntman of Jackie and I wish we saw him in more films. Mars plays Cowboy and Chan plays Dragon. They are best friends in this movie and are probably the best duo ever seen in a Jackie Chan film. In the final fight, Dragon falls from the top floor and Cowboy literally breaks his fall by making sure Dragon landed on him. Didn't go too well the first time in shooting.

(Jackie is in the black. You can guess who Mars is.)

The subtle comedy was perfectly placed at times and was not too pushy. Some of the comedy is put in during life-defying fight scenes as well. Just goes to show that Dragon really doesn't care. Speaking of the fights, Hwang in-Shik and Jackie fight again, two years after The Young Master (which Dragon Lord was supposed to serve as a sequel to, except Jackie doesn't win by drinking any tobacco water. He wins.. by piling him up in a sack of potatos. Wow. Jackie Chan really got a beating back in the 80s. (Dragon Lord, Police Story 2, Wheels on Meals..) Anyways, back to the comedy, the English adaption writers did a great job. That's sometimes why I prefer the dub over the sub.

The stunt-work on the film was actually amazing and impressed so much for Jackie's third directed film only. Jackie's stunt team did a wild amazing job on this. This is the first film where Jackie started expirementing with stunt sequences. This is the start of the Jacky Chan that we ALL KNOW and love. Just imagine if he didn't like stunt sequences. Just imagine if he never even did them! This blog would only have like 10 reviews.

The American in Jackie & Mars keep showing.

The soundtrack is a bit repetitive, but it is a great soundtrack song and I hate that I can't find it anywhere.

The old 80s dubbing makes the film more enjoyable. It might be horrible, but it sure has that charm. It is way better then the new 21st century dubs of foreign films, which unfortunately was used in the 88 Films trailer for the new Blu-Ray release of Dragon Lord.

Dragon Lord is definetly a great pick, and shows resemblance to the Young Master which I reviewed December of 2023. Just a spolier: no real dragons (or lords) appear in the film.

Rating: 9.5/10

Hong Kong action film buff.
If anyone is wondering how I am posting these so fast, it's because these are all copied from my action movie review blog. So while they might be from another site, I own the site. So it's allowed (hopefully)

Directed by and starring Sammo Hung

Directed by

Corey Yuen

Screenplay by Roy Szeto

Story by

Gordon Chan

Leung Yiu-ming

Produced by Leonard Ho

Starring Jackie Chan

Yuen Biao

Deannie Yip

Pauline Yeung

Crystal Kwok

Distributed by Golden Harvest

Release date

11 February 1988

Synopsis

Three successful Hong Kong lawyers are hired by a chemical company of questionable ethics and must eventually make a difficult decision when their employer's motives become clear.

Review

Petaia's Entertainment World, a channel ran by an action fan who uploads clips from movies starring Jackie Chan, Michelle Khan and Bruce Lee in 4K uploaded the English dub of the extended Japanese release of "Dragons Forever". Knowing this would make for a good review (and it's a ******* Jackie Chan movie), I watched the film and did not regret it

Normally, whenever I watch a movie, it annoys me when there's more of something in the film - like more drama then action, or more comedy then drama. In Dragons Forever, there are 22 minutes worth of fight scenes, and I'm not complaining.

The romantic scenes in this movie were actually heart warming and when Johnny and Mei-ling got back together I was super happy.

The fight scenes were super intense and my heart was beating the whole time.

And, I admit, I gasped when everyone in the factory was looking at Luke. I knew blud was walking out with 5 black eyes after that one (he didn't).

The choreography is clean, timed out, and it actually was better then I thought it'd be.

I thought it would be a bit of a boring flick, but nooo, the fight scenes start 3 minutes and 55 seconds in the Japanese release (also, it's a 2 v 4 fight, which is slightly more realistic then most JC fights).

Nobody ever comes to a Jackie Chan film wanting Romeo and Juliet. Then after watching this film, they actually do.

Rating: 10/10

Directed and written by Stanley Tong

Written by Sandy Shaw

Produced by

Barbie Tung

So Haau Leung

Starring

Michelle Yeoh

Yu Rong Guang

Emil Chau

Jackie Chan

Release date: December 22, 1999

Synopsis

As a crime wave sweeps through Hong Kong, the police call on Jessica Yang, a rising star in their ranks, to help stop a notorious gang of thieves.

Review

I will admit, for my first Michelle Yeoh movie where SHE is in the spotlight, this did not dissapoint.

The movie has subtle comedy at times, especially with scenes between Guang and Yeoh. It doesn't have a lot, trust me, but when it does it is pretty funny.

The movie has a very great casting choice, a good score, and good voice dubbing for 1998.

The action may not be as eye catching as you see in the first 3 other Police Story movies, but it still doesn't dissapoint.

And for the people who were expecting a one by one film to Supercop, ehmmm... no. But there are some subtle references, in the dialogue, and even during the fights!

Oh, and yeah, there is a lot of glass breaking in this movie, as is with the first 2 Police Story films with Jackie Chan.

But one thing that does annoy me is the opening credits. The way it goes is this - action scene, credit, action scene, credit, and it goes ON AND ON for 3 minutes. I mean, if you're GOING to put credits in between an action scene, place them as text on the bottom of the screen, or at least dedicate 2 minutes to the opening credits!

Anyways, the film is pretty good, fight scenes are good, dubbing is good.

Oh, yeah, that Chackie Jan guy or whatever his name is? He's good as well.

7/10

This movie is the reason there's a 'POW' in "female emPOWerment"

Directed by Corey Yuen

Written by Barry Wong

Produced by Samo Hung

Starring

Michelle Yeoh

Cynthia Rothrock

John Shum

Mang Hoi

Release date (Hong Kong): November 30, 1985

Synopsis

Two unlucky thieves break into a just murdered man's hotel room and steal his passport with a hidden microfilm wanted by a triad boss. Two hard kicking women cops from HK and UK get the case.

Review

This is the first Michelle Yeoh film I've watched fully without Jackie Chan with it, and it did not dissapoint. The fight choreography is truly amazing and eye-catching like no other 'Girls With Guns' movie. The stunt co-ordination performed by Yeoh and Rothrock is truly epic.

Secondly, Dick Wei's performance as the scary villian is amazing. No matter what role I see this guy in, he is super intimidating. (Sorry, Urquidez)

This film is a bit of an alternative to Police Story. The opening chase is shot in the same place as it is in Police Story, there are tons of sequences with glass breaking, (the big stunts in both films involve glass) and of course, the over-confident jerk of a villian.

Now, I must talk about the ending. The ending has a bit of an annoying turning out. In NO version of the movie we get to see what happens after the ending (One of the protagonists shoots the main antagonist in a response to the main antagonist killing one of their best friends). Do Ng and Carrie go to prison? Does the antagonist dies? Who knows? Nobody!

Rothrock and Yeoh have amazing chemistry, and they're both different. One is a good madam, the other is a bad madam. One is an inspector, the other is a sergeant. One likes crumpet and teas, one likes ramen (I'm sorry to anyone British or Asian I promise I'll never say anything like this again)

Who said girls never knew how to handle guns?

10/10

Directed, written, edited and produced by Robert Rodriguez
Produced by
Robert Rodriguez
Starring
Antonio Banderas
Carla Gugino
Alan Cumming
Teri Hatcher
Cheech Marin
Danny Trejo
Robert Patrick
Tony Shalhoub
Alexa Vega
Daryl Sabara

Release date (Australia): September 20, 2001

Synopsis

• Using high tech gadgets, two kids have to save their reactivated OSS top spy parents when they're taken by an evil, high tech enemy.

Review

Spy Kids is a very unique film. The characters and CGI could be horrifying and traumatizing to some kids. The events these 2 poor, alone kids go through that could possibly turn their father's co-workers into mindless numbless idiots all alone without their parents..

Oh my god. I love this movie.

The film's plot is as wacky as it is entertaining. Thrown into a world of villainous toymakers, mutant sharks, and thumb-tack grappling hooks (yes, you read that right!), Carmen and Juni have to rely on their quick thinking, newfound spy skills, and, of course, each other. Rodriguez's signature over-the-top style keeps the action fast-paced and visually stunning, from the sugar-coated lair of the evil Floop to the gravity-defying Thumb Thumbs Island.

But "Spy Kids" isn't just about explosions and gadgets. It's also a heartwarming story about family, sibling rivalry, and believing in yourself. Carmen and Juni, despite their bickering, ultimately learn to work together and overcome their fears. Their parents, Gregorio and Ingrid, played by Antonio Banderas and Carla Gugino, are a fun and supportive duo, reminding us that family is always there to have your back, even when you're saving the world from evil toymakers.

If there is EVER a "The Spy Next Door Part II", I hope whoever directs it takes notes from this film.

10/10

Directed, written, composed, filmed, edited and produced by Robert Rodriguez
Produced by
Elizabeth Avellán
Starring
Antonio Banderas
Carla Gugino
Alexa Vega
Daryl Sabara
Mike Judge
Ricardo Montalbán
Holland Taylor
Christopher McDonald
Cheech Marin
Steve Buscemi
Music by
John Debney
Production
company
Troublemaker Studios
Distributed by Dimension Films

Release date: January 10, 2003 (Australia)

Synopsis

The Cortez siblings set out for a mysterious island, where they encounter a genetic scientist and a set of rival spy kids.

Review

"Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams" blasts onto the screen with the same zany energy and over-the-top spectacle as its predecessor. However, while the sequel retains the fun family spirit, it stumbles in capturing the same magic that made the first movie such a wild unique enjoyable expierence for everyone regardless of age.

Carmen and Juni Cortez are back, older, wiser (well, maybe a little), and ready to tackle even wilder missions. This time, they're chasing down the nefarious Romero on a fantastical island filled with giant insects, dream-manipulating robots, and, of course, the ever-present Thumb Thum army. Familiar faces like Antonio Banderas and Carla Gugino return as Gregorio and Ingrid Cortez, adding their charm and comedic chops to the mix.

Juni Cortez' character is now a girl with a crush, and not a heroic brave take things into her own hands character. Now she has gotten a habit of going against her family thanks to the opposite spy who she admittedly has a crush on.

While the premise of "Spy Kids 2" is undeniably fun, it often feels like a retread of the first film. The villain's motivations are a bit muddled, the jokes land with less punch, and the emotional stakes never quite reach the same heights. It's still undeniably entertaining, but there's a sense of déjà vu that can't be shaken.

Don't get me wrong, "Island of Lost Dreams" does have its strengths. The visual effects are impressive, especially for a 2002 film, and the action sequences are still thrillingly chaotic. The introduction of the Giggles twins adds a new layer of sibling rivalry, and the film's message about embracing individuality remains heartwarming.

Overall, "Spy Kids 2" is a fun, albeit slightly watered-down, sequel that will definitely entertain young audiences. Depending on what you look for in action-comedies, you will have varied opinions. It lacks the originality and emotional depth of the first film, but there's still enough zany charm and family fun to keep you engaged. Just don't expect it to recapture the same lightning-in-a-bottle feeling.

Rating: 8/10

Directed, written, filmed, edited, produced, composed and based off a story by Robert Rodriguez
Produced by
Elizabeth Avellán
Starring
Antonio Banderas
Carla Gugino
Alexa Vega
Daryl Sabara
Ricardo Montalbán
Holland Taylor
Mike Judge
Cheech Marin
Sylvester Stallone
Production
company
Troublemaker Studios

Release date: January 1, 2004 (Australia)

Synopsis

Under-age agents Juni and Carmen Cortez set out on their newest most mind-blowing mission yet: journeying inside the virtual reality world of a 3-D video game designed to outsmart them, as the awe-inspiring graphics and creatures of gaming come to real life. Relying on humor, gadgetry, bravery, family bonds and lightning-quick reflexes, the Spy Kids must battle through tougher and tougher levels of the game, facing challenges that include racing against road warriors and surfing on boiling lava, in order to save the world from a power hungry villain.

Review

Okay, so why do I love this movie SO MUCH? Hmmm... let's see. It's a Spy Kids film.. Nah. Maybe because the plot revolve arounds video games? Nope. Too obvious. Oh! Because we get more scenes with Juni! Eeh. Nup. OHHH!! Because it's a Stallone role in a kids film? Maybe. But it's not his first time. Orrrr because it's in 3D! That's dumb. I don't even have 3D glasses. OH! DEFINETLY ALL OF THOSE REASONS! YES! "Spy Kids 3: Game Over" takes a sharp turn into the digital world, pitting Carmen and Juni Cortez against the Toymaker in a virtual reality battleground known as the Toybox. While it may not reach the heights of the original film, it certainly steps up from the somewhat lackluster "Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams."

Gone are the sugar-coated landscapes and goofy gadgets of the previous films. "Spy Kids 3" embraces a hyper-stylized CGI world, filled with neon landscapes, gravity-defying platforms, and pixelated enemies. The action sequences are exhilarating, with fast-paced chases and inventive use of the virtual environment. Robert Rodriguez was a one-man movie maker, having SIX major roles in the production of this movie.

One of the film's weaknesses lies in its plot. The villain, the Toymaker, lacks the charisma and memorable presence of Floop from the first film. The stakes feel lower, and the emotional core of the Cortez family takes a backseat to the flashy visuals. Sylvester Stallone attempts to hold things together with his quadruple roles, but the performances feel uneven. Regardless, they're still ******* hilarious. This is the second Stallone movie I've ever watched and I think it's the best.

The film retains the franchise's love for wacky gadgets, with thumbtack grappling hooks and shrink rays still making an appearance. However, the humor feels hit-and-miss, mostly relying on puns and slapstick comedy that might land better with younger audiences. The predeccessors of Spy Kids 3 were mainly more suitable for audiences 10 and older, it was more relatable and the humor was natural.

"Spy Kids 3: Game Over" is a visually stunning and action-packed film that provides a nostalgic trip back to the world of Thumb Thumbs and shark fights. However, it lacks the charm, emotional depth, and originality of the first movie. Still, it's a worthwhile addition to the franchise, offering a fun, albeit slightly forgettable, adventure for younger viewers.

Rating: 6/10

Directed, written, produced and composed by Robert Rodriguez
Produced by
Robert Rodriguez
Elizabeth Avellán
Starring
Jessica Alba
Joel McHale
Alexa Vega
Daryl Sabara
Rowan Blanchard
Mason Cook
Ricky Gervais
Jeremy Piven
Cinematography
Robert Rodriguez
Jimmy Lindsey
Edited by Dan Zimmerman
Music by Carl Thiel
Production
company
Troublemaker Studios

RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2011 (Australia)

Directed, written, produced and composed by Robert Rodriguez

Produced by
Elizabeth Avellán

Starring

Jessica Alba
Joel McHale
Alexa Vega
Daryl Sabara
Rowan Blanchard
Mason Cook
Ricky Gervais
Jeremy Piven

Cinematography

Robert Rodriguez
Jimmy Lindsey

Edited by Dan Zimmerman
Music by

Robert Rodriguez
Carl Thiel

Production
company
Troublemaker Studios

Hmmmm.. yeah no. This film's so bad I can't even make a graphic for it.

Okay. One thing that Robert Rodriguez needs to realize is that having a film in 3D or 4D doesn't make it good. And why the hell is Aroma-scope a thing..?

I admit, when I was six, I had the idiotic opinion that this was the best addition to the Spy Kids movie series because I had a bad taste in a tiny amount of movie franchises.

First of all, the protagonist female in this movie is NOTHING like the funny relatable Carmen. She mocks people and she can't go one goshdarn conversation without bringing up her deceased mother. Maybe her mom's dead because of her constant blabbering..?? Secondly, the use of technology is soooo bad. This is 2011. I get so annoyed when modern films use way too much technology. The first 3 Spy Kids used gadgets and this one is all about computers and devices.

Thirdly, WHO WROTE THIS FILM?! The one-liners are ridiculously unfunny and none of this dialogue would be said by real humans with real functioning brains.

Also, Robert Rodriguez worked on 6 roles in the first 3 Spy Kids. Now he worked on 4 in this one, and MAN did the quality go down.

Thank god the sequel that this film was supposed to have never came out. And, Rodriguez, it would be NOT necessary at all to have it in 5-D. Did the first Spy Kids come out in 1-D?

Well, at least there's a good plot and good characters [sometimes]. Really, the only good parts about the film are the scenes with Juni and Carmen.

Rating: 2/10

Directed, produced, composed and written by Robert Rodriguez
Produced by
David Ellison
Dana Goldberg
Don Granger
Elizabeth Avellan
Racer Rodriguez
Written by
Racer Rodriguez
Studio(s)
Skydance Media
Spyglass Media Group
Double R Productions
Distributor
Netflix

SYNOPSIS

When the children of the world's greatest secret agents unwittingly help a powerful Game Developer unleash a computer virus that gives him control of all technology, they must become spies themselves to save their parents and the world.

Review

OH HELL NO.

While it reboots the franchise with flashy CGI and a new generation of pint-sized heroes, "Armageddon" stumbles over its own nostalgia, leaving us yearning for the days of thumb thumbs.

First, the plot...déjà vu, anyone? It's a carbon copy of the original, with kids unwittingly unleashing a technological menace and stepping up to save the day. Talk about recycled spy gadgets! The sense of originality is as lost as Floop's pet monkey in the sewers.

The characters? Well, let's say they're less "kiddie Kobra" and more "whiny chihuahua." Tony and Patty are blander than a bowl of unseasoned popcorn, lacking the spark and charm of Carmen and Juni. Their "softness" wouldn't melt a popsicle, let alone thwart a world-dominating game developer. No idiot would stop a spy by ASKING him to just be kind, Patty.

And then there's the dialogue, peppered with more "Spy Kids 1" references than a Carmen Cortez fan convention. It's like Rodriguez is desperately trying to remind us of the franchise's glory days, instead of forging its own path. It's pandering, not pioneering.

Ultimately, "Spy Kids: Armageddon" is a nostalgic misfire. It tries to recapture the magic of the original but forgets the ingredients that made it special. It's a pale imitation, leaving us asking: should we just rewatch "Spy Kids 1" and relive the true spy-tastic adventure?

Watch at your own risk. Highly a stupid movie.

1/10

I really enjoyed Yes, Madam. The Criterion Collection had a Michelle Yeoh collection, so I had the chance to watch quite a few of her films.

I really enjoyed Yes, Madam. The Criterion Collection had a Michelle Yeoh collection, so I had the chance to watch quite a few of her films.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Sure beats the hell out of Project S.

The first Bruce Lee film I have ever watched

Directed by

Lo Wei
Wu Chia Hsiang
Produced by Raymond Chow

STARRING

Bruce Lee
Maria Yi
James Tien
Han Ying-chieh
Cinematography Chen Ching-chu
Edited by Sung Ming
Music by Wang Fu-ling
Release date (Australia): April 1974

Synopsis

Cheng is a city boy who moves with his cousins to work at a ice factory. He does this with a family promise never to get involved in any fight. However, when members of his family begin disappearing after meeting the management of the factor, the resulting mystery and pressures forces him to break that vow and take on the villainy of the Big Boss.
Review

This movie is unrealistic. Cheng Chao An gets arrested for defeating the Big Boss, police officers are beat up and nothing is done about it, Cheng gets drunk and sees a woman at a dinner as his crush, and one of the Big Boss' men are killed with a saw put in their head.

Regardless this movie is awesome.

This movie has tons of violence, which is what I was looking for. Sometimes it's really really bloody and violent, but not enough to get it banned in May 1973, but too much to get an M rating.Cheng is a can of whup-butt the whole way through the movie. Thank god he broke the oath he sweared to his mother. Before watching The Big Boss / Fists of Fury / Chinese Connection, I would defend Jackie Chan and say he was a million times better then Bruce Lee. And while Chan is still my favourite action star, Lee is amazing too and they both are in their both ways. I highly recommend this movie, no matter which version of it you have.

Hopefully I get to see more Lo Wei films. I have a way of watching Fist of Fury, Shaolin Wooden Men and Fearless Hyena now!

Rating: 7/10

Directed & written by Lo Wei

Uncredited co-writer: Ni Kuang

Composed by & starring Bruce Lee

Produced by Raymond Chow

Starring
Nora Miao
Riki Hashimoto
Cinematography Chen Ching-chu
Edited by Peter Cheung
Music by Joseph Koo

Release date (Australia): July 1, 1973

Synopsis

A young man seeks vengence for the death of his teacher.
Review

All I ever hear action cinema fans talk about is how amazing either how good Lee was in Enter the Dragon or how good he was in this movie - Fist of Fury. And I have to say, they are right.
Bruce Lee plays Cheng Zhen, a Chinese Kung-fu student on a rampage to stop the racism in Japan. He kills many people during the process. One of the reasons I live this movie so much is because of how realistic it is. The Japanese in the 20th century were complete jerks. The world isn't all butterflies and toys. Behind the punches and yelling, there is a lesson behind it. The world should be united and not hating each-other no matter the race. The ending is also the most realistic part of the movie, with the main character dying. The good guy always wins right? Well, no. In this movie he kills & hangs at least 6 people, which is illegal, but it was for a good reason!! He gets shot down by the police which are also very unfair to the Chinese residents. And if you just think about 2020, that's pretty accurate to real life. Why is it a rule that in Hong Kong action cinema, the good guy has something bad happen to him at the end? Drunken Master 2, Fei-hung is blind and mentally stupid. The Young Master, Dragon is in a full-body cast. The Big Boss, Cheng-Chao an gets arrested. Urgh.

But enough the sad parts of this movie, can we talk about the action? This movie was one of the first to use the classic Nunchucks that Bruce Lee would go on to use in The Way of the Dragon, Enter the Dragon & Game of Death. The action is cleanly choreographed, and it might be so fast, but you can see every hit, and it makes you grimace. Mission succeeded! The beginning fight is one of Lee's most iconic fights ever and I see why. Trust me. He beats up about 20 Japanese students all by himself and with little-to-no emotion.
Speaking of emotion, this is a pretty emotional movie, as Lee comes to marry a women but then dies at the end of the movie. This film is one of my highest recommendations, and I guarantee you, you NEED to watch it.

Directed, written, produced by and starring Bruce Lee

Produced by
Raymond Chow

Starring
Nora Miao
Paul Wei
Huang Chung-hsin
Tony Liu
Unicorn Chan
Chuck Norris
Malisa Longo
Robert Wall
Hwang In-shik
Jon T. Benn

Cinematography by Tadashi Nishimoto
Edited by Peter Cheung
Music by Joseph Koo

Release date (Australia): October 1974

Synopsis

Tang Lung visits his relatives at their restaurant in Italy and has to help them defend against brutal gangsters harassing them.
Review

The Way of the Dragon. Hmmm. Not exactly his most popular, but definetly MY FAVOURITE!
First of all, you can see this film was supposed to be a comedy. Tan Lung asks to use the bathroom in all the first 3 scenes in the movie after he is asked 'anything you'd like?' and I have no idea why but that is too funny to me.Secondly, the casting choice is amazing. All the young boys in the movie play restaurant workers who practice karate. Their line delivery and everything they say feels realistic and natural. This movie is all Lee. He produced it, wrote it, directed & starred in it all perfectly. His character is brave & heroic and that's why he is my favourite in this movie. Thirdly, the action in the movie is like no other. Forget Enter the Dragon, this is way better then this. This movie was the second to have Lee use nunchucks and he does it perfectly in this movie. The fight scenes are clearly choreographed, especially the one with Chuck Norris. Crazy how a man with only 3 words to say and a LOT of chest hair can be intimidating. Lee vs Norris was basically the 1970s alternative to Jackie vs. Urquidez in "Wheels on Meals", except this is less better. But we aren't talking about Wheels on Meals, we're reviewing Way of The Dragon! This film is the best Bruce Lee film I've watched. It might not be THAT realistic, but it ends goodly and doesn't disappoint.
If you have the time or the money, watch this movie ASAP!!
Rating: 10/10

executive producer.............................Dickson Poon

producer..................................................John Sham

director......................................David Chung

starring..........................................Michelle Yeoh

Henry Sanada

Micheal Wong

Distributed by.........................................D&B Films

Synopsis

When a Hong Kong policewoman, a Japanese Interpol-agent and an air security officer botch a plane hijacking fempt by a militia fanatic, his veteran friends vow revenge. In order to stop the terrorist attacks and also to save their own lives, the three heroes most team up once again to fight their gun-totting adversaries.
Review

The morning I wrote this, I woke up early today so I could get in my fix on action movies. The first movie I watched was Royal Warriors, which is the sequel to Yes, Madam! The movie met my exceptions.

Sure the movie is now missing Carrie, Aspirin (Mang Hoi who portrayed Aspirin directed the action choreography in this movie and won a Hong Kong Film Award for it.) & Strepsil, now bringing a less humourous feeling to the movie. But all the action and scenes with Micheal Wong make up for it!
This movie is in particular one of the greatest Michelle Yeoh movies ever. If you have an old copy lying around, you need to pop it in your PS3 and watch it immediately. I recommend watching the film for the shootout and the final fight. You can feel the anger in the three main characters during these two scenes. The acting is natural and great!

Directed byHarald Zwart
Screenplay by Christopher Murphey
Story by Robert Mark Kamen
Produced by
Jerry Weintraub
Will Smith
Jada Pinkett Smith
James Lassiter
Ken Stovitz
Starring
Jaden Smith
Jackie Chan
Taraji P. Henson
Cinematography Roger Pratt
Edited by Joel Negron
Music by James Horner
Production
companies

Columbia Pictures
China Film Group

Overbrook Entertainment

JW Productions
Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing

Release date (Australia): July 8, 2010

Synopsis

When Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) and his mother (Taraji P. Henson) move from Detroit to China, Dre feels lost in a world very different from what he knows. Bullied and beaten up by some fellow students in his school, Dre is rescued by his apartment building's handyman, Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), a man who is mourning
a devastating loss. Mr. Han takes pity on Dre and agrees to teach him kung fu to defend himself. Training together, teacher and student learn to trust each other, and ultimately form a friendship that heals them both.
Review

Okay, so my opinions on this film are HIGHLY ridden by nostalgia, the first time I watched this was in 2019. I remember those days. Re-watching this movie, using Incredibox on my Dad's laptop, twirling around in the chair, the air-con on, researching Bruce Lee.. ahh. But nevertheless, it is a good movie.
The Karate Kid is one of the most highly-known American action drama films ever, especially the first three films from 1984, '86, and '89. The 2010 sequel is the least discussed film.. oh.. yeah. Next Karate Kid 1994. Never mind. Anyways, the Karate Kid 2010 is a reboot starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith which is hated, but in my opinion pretty good.
I think the acting in this movie is realistic and natural, and Mr Han's backstory makes the film better and there is also a lesson in the film thanks to the scenes. The direction with the music is amazing. The soundtrack makes the film feel better, unlike other films I've watched, with the soundtrack not being good enough. This is perfect.
Anyways, good film.
Rating: 8/10

a JOHNNY TO film

Screenplay by Sandy Shaw
Produced by Ching Siu-tung
Starring
Michelle Yeoh
Anita Mui
Maggie Cheung
Damian Lau
Cinematography
Poon Hang-Sang
Tom Lau
Edited by Kam Wah
Music by William Hu
Production
companies

China Entertainment Films
Paka Hill Productions
Release date: 12 February 1993 (Hong Kong)

Synopsis

Michelle Yeoh (The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor), Anita Mui (Rumble in the Bronx) and Maggie Cheung (Clean) form an unstoppable combination as three powerful martial arts experts each with her own secret superhero identity-who band together to battle the ultimate evil. Their foe is a demented but powerful wizard who believes that if he kidnaps all the babies in China, he can build a demonic ruling class and eventually dominate the world. With everything on the line, it's up to The Heroic Trio of Shadow Fox, Mercy and Invisible Woman to rise up and stop him.
Review

Suspend your disbelief and get ready for some wondrous entertainment.
Wow. This is a very unique film. With at times, some very amazing work with wires and crappy editing and weird flashbacks and CGI, this is a pretty solid foreign superhero movie. I'm pretty sure when everyone thinks of a superhero movie that wasn't produced in the United States, they think of those Bollywood films with bad acting, unrealistic scenes and bad CGI. Well, this film is nothing like that. With cringe-inducing fight scenes and a powerful soundtrack, The Heroic Trio is a film that will not dissapoint you! Maggie Cheung was introduced to the Girl with Gun sub-genre in this film and hell does she have a good performance. No joke, I was like "What the hell's Ka-Kui's girlfriend doing with a gun??" when I first saw her in the movie. But don't take my dumb joke for your final opinion, watch the film yourself!