Mad About You

Tools    

Season 3 Ep 3. Aww, Murray's scared of thunder. "I wanna find the guy who invented panty hose and beat an apology out of him." Who is Jamie to just take charge of where Uncle Van's ashes should go. I can't believe she put the ashes right back on the table after Paul moved them off. Jamie's being really creepy about those ashes. They don't say Hi at GA meetings? I didn't know that. Loved Ernie Sabella as Maurice. Did Lisa actually yell Olly Olly Oxen Free to an urn full of ashes?

Season 3, Ep 4. BTW, I did want to mention that I was surprised when I finally noticed during the closing credits that the theme song is not entitled "Mad About You." It is entitled "Final Frontier." Just thought I'd throw that in while I was thinking about it. Why is Jamie so insistent that she measured when the thing is clearly not fitting through the door? I don't know why, but I hate that Jamie might be right about Mr. Wicker. OMG, is Wicker falling for a tenant? "It takes 30 years for your eyes to go bad, you're going to fix them in 60 minutes?" Wow, that salesgirl didn't even notice Jamie. So there's nowhere else in this entire building where Wicker can stay except for the Buchman's. Nice to see Anita Gillette as Mrs. Wicker. God she seems to have been in the business for about 100 years.

Season 3, Ep 5. Jamie doing Chinese food from scratch? Nothing good can come from that. Isn't that Louis Zorich playing Paul's father? I knew about full frontal Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant, but I've never seen The Piano. The commercial was really funny. Paul nailed the Sloopy Dunbar story. Murray licking envelopes, how awesome was that? Oooh, Paul actually pulled a Jamie on Jamie when she brought up opening her own business. Charles Hallalan was playing Sloopy Dunbar...Hallahan passed away three years after this guest shot. That scene with Paul and his dad was great. n Paul's dad is so sweet to Jamie, I wish she could get the same treatment from Paul's mom. Hallahan was funny in the tage.

Season 3, Ep 6. David Steinberg directed this episode. So Jamie is going to be driving Paul insane with her new business...I'm shocked. They need cable to watch Andy Griffith? How refreshing was it to hear Jamie actually take even partial blame for something. You could see that Jim Piddock was wearing shorts in the shower. Liked that Paul was the one objecting to stealing cable. You just KNEW the cable guy was going to cut off the entire building. Wow, Jamie actually admitted to being wrong for the second time in a season! Ira, once again, to the rescue. The tag with Al Roker was cute.

Season Three, Ep 7. Loved the way Paul and Helen set up the "we just had a fight' mood when they got into a cab. "Oh God, he waiters are bunching! I told them to circulate!" Jamie looked absolutely amazed at the thought that she might have told a story more than once. Nice to see Wendie Malick as Carol. Why would Paul make two trips to the balcony where everyone is smoking? Loved Eric Stolz as Alan. This guy creates chemistry with pretty much every actress he ever worked with. Was that Kerry Washington playing Carol's girlfriend? What Paul is doing with Carol really should get him in some kind of trouble in a later episode, but I'm pretty sure it won't. "It was really nice to see you...and I did." Malick was amazing keeping a straight face during Paul's bumbling explanation of his lie. That final scene between Helen and Stolz was brilliant. Loved Carol catching Jamie's signal. Can't believe that was what the fight was about. I lost it when the cab driver laughed at the zest story. Checked the credits and that was not Kerry Washington as Carol's girlfriend.

Season Three, Ep 8.The cold open was a little odd. A cold open should produce at least a chuckle. How did Paul mistake Ira for Robert Stack? Loved Jamie instructing Paul on how to peel potatoes. "I had a whole schedule I'm on nights, making ice." I noticed Paul's mother has still never spoken Jamie's name. Penny Fuller and John Karlen playing Jamie's parents? Another television endorsement for Cranberry sauce out of the can. Who are these parents to just rearrange Paul and Jamie's table while they were gone? Seriously? Oh, Murray! "Vinyl...just like leather, but nobody gets hurt." "What do they care, I buy ice." I love Paul's dad (Louis Zorich). Fran on the phone with her kid got tiresome pretty quickly. I have to go with Jamie on Paul leaving the turkey in the hall. Who saw Mom trying to save Paul and Jamie's face?

Season 3, Ep 9. Didn't get that cold open at all, which is getting to be the norm here. "We're like an Italian couple." Wow, the way Paul and Jamie bounce from one subject to another with a single line is maddening. What the hell is meat loaf love? Does Jamie intentionally pick a fight with everyone she has a conversation with? Are we going to learn exactly what happened in Aruba? "Well, I'll say this, I don't not wanna stay in." "So I don't have to think of Niacin all day." Jamie is so adept and snatching a insult out of the depths of a compliment. The arousal scene was cute.

Season 3 Ep 10. Best cold open we've had ion awhile. Loved the faces that Paul was making while Jamie was screaming about her street escapade. "We love this city, they just gave me money." Loved the cabbie turning off the radio. That man was a jerk for not getting out of the cab. "You know what you are? You are the reason that people move to Jersey." Paul trying to sell tickets in front of the theater, I think I see what's coming. Bibi Osterwald as the old lady haggling about the tickets...I first saw her back in the 70's on a sitcom called Bridget Loves Bernie...she played Bernie's mother. OMG, the actress who played Velma looks familiar. At least they didn't make the talking couple in the back black. Very clever twist putting the big mouth in a wheelchair. "Very rarely fights with people in wheelchairs." Any panelist would have caught Caroline Kennedy on To Tell the Truth despite she might not have even been in her teens when To Tell the Truth was on. "I carry a dictionary and step in veal." It's driving me crazy not being able to remember where I know that actress playing Velma from. Okay checked the credits and Velma was played by Marita Geraghty and checked her IMDB page, she played Nancy, Bill Murray's one night stand in Groundhog Day. Loved the tag with Rudy Guilliani.

Season 3 Ep 11. Murray rolling the tennis ball with his nose, how cute was that? "If you had given me a little notice, I would have gone to the gym and had my bangs trimmed." Lisa's right, why did Paul yell chicken a la king? "Sweetie, this is already the most boring movie ever made." "They're also gay or foreign or gritty." Ira's commercial was hysterical and loved Paul's referencing Barfly. Fran's reaction to the camera was hysterical. Why does Jamie want someone else to play Paul's wife? Jamie is acting really nutty in this episode, how has Paul not slapped her yet? A used coffee filter? Seriously? Why are we all of a sudden learning about Murray's passion for fetch? Paul looked like he was close to breaking character during Lisa's performance on the kitchen camera. Didn't really understand the point of getting Judy Geeson involved in the fight. True confessions directly into the camera was funny as hell.

Season 3 Ep 12. The cold open was weird. When Paul said Mr. Mooney, the only thing I could think of was Gale Gordon on The Lucy Show. Does Ira have a key to the Buchman's apartment? Helen's impression of Paul was hysterical. Ursula...best walk away waitress ever. Anne Bobby worked really with Jon Pankow as Susannah. If the truth be told, Helen Hunt and Jodie Foster could be sister. Someday Paul is going to drive Ursula over the bend...he seems to love messing with her head. It's kind of admirable that Ira wouldn't leave Susannah alone...I mean, it's his cousin's house and he doesn't know Susannah.

Season 3 Ep 13. "It's not a scrapbook, it's a freezer". I thought the top of the wedding cake is supposed to be eaten on the first anniversary. A wedding flashback three seasons in? Trying to retrieve already mailed mail? No good can come of this. "It's the worst design, I don't know how they expect to get mail out." "The Man committed a felony how can we not invite him." Sylvia took the mistake better than I thought of. What's with the obsession with "What the World Needs Now is Love"? Good thing the mailman's wife is able to make it. I love that they expected people invited not to come. Nice to see Jane Carr as the party planner. Whoever heard of white bridesmaids' dresses? Is John Pankow really playing the sax? I'm assuming because it was a wedding flashback episode that this was the first of two parts.

Season 3 Ep 14. I'm loving that Paul is dance-challenged. How fun was it to see Vito Scotti as the tailor? Can't believe he was still alive in the 90's. "How can there be a dress code at a strip club?" I have to admit I didn't know that brides and grooms are supposed to give each other gifts. Lyle Lovett was hysterical. "Men say a lot of things only listen to a third of them." Jamie and the stripper talking on the phone, I thought I would lose it. Loved when Jamie's dad called Paul's mom Sylvania. So Jamie and Paul were already living together before they got married? "All I know is I wanna wake up naked with you for the rest of my life." Wedding vows and jackhammers, it doesn't get any better than that. Guess they chose not to tell their parents about the real wedding.

Season 3 Ep 15. Excellent cold open. Jamie's nightshirt was absolutely adorable. "Cows wear suede, ever see a cold cow?" Paul would rather freeze to death than admit Jamie was right and go back and get his parka. I cracked up when Jamie told Murray to smile. Lisa really needs to get over herself. Maggie was more gracious to Murray than she's ever been to Jamie and Paul. Not sure why, but I was less bothered by Jamie wanting a show biz career for Murray than I was about Paul's discomfort and mild jealousy about it. OMG, I love Brent Spiner...saw him on Broadway in Sunday in the Park with George. Loved when Murray woke up from his dream with his tail wagging. Very impressed that Paul actually admitted to being jealous of Murray. Murray got into a Megadeath video...how awesome was that? You just know that Lisa jumped at the chance to be Murray's assistant. Are dogs color-blind? I lost it when the director accused Murray of ad-libbing. Cute tag. This episode had me on the floor.

Season 3 Ep 16. "After three or four years, what's left to be said about meat?" Penny Fuller and Meg Wylie were adorable together. So, wait a minute, Carl Reiner is going to be playing Alan Brady as if he were a real person? Cute idea, it reminds of Marlon Brando's role in The Freshman. Loved Lisa and Jamie throwing their mother back and forth over sushi. Would love to know why that guy can't call Tina Louise. Can't remember the last time I heard Mr Greenjeans referenced. Aunt Lolly had an affair with Alan Brady...how funny was that? "Give my regards to oblivion." Wasn't impressed with Helen's Mary Tyler Moore impression. I was just thinking that Carl Reiner should have won an Emmy for his work here and I went to his IMDB page and learned that he did!!

Season 3 Ep 17. Was Jamie seriously telling her father how to make a sandwich over the phone.? "Understand how much I'm not going to do laundry." Loved Paul's happy dance when Jamie finally left the apartment. Outside of Ira, I don't think Paul has any guys. So do both Fran and Lisa have carte blanche to the Buchmans' apartment when they're not there? This episode reminds me of the first scene in Mr. Mom where Teri Garr goes off to work for her first day and every repairman in town shows up on the same day. "The Man fought two wars he can't cut a melon." Always good to see Debra Mooney, who also played a nun on an episode of Will and Grace.

Season 3 Ep 18. Pretty sure Lisa doesn't know who JD Salinger is. It's so weird hearing the term Yukon. Loved Paul's reply to hearing Lisa is going to look at a macaw. I hate the way Lisa doesn't appreciate anything Jamie does for her. "I can't direct in these, I gotta point to teamsters." Of course she took your purse, Jamie there was a doll's head in the purse. "Eighty percent of the country is uptown." Why does Lisa have a mayonnaise jar in her purse? Love how the words "You must be Jamie" brought up all of Jamie's insecurities about herself and her sister. Lisa looked incredible when she walked into that job interview. "How could you let me take that meeting with a raisin in my tooth?" Loved Paul getting zapped with the stun gun.

Season 3 Ep 19 Why would they leave for five days and not lock the apartment? "Be my mother until we get on the ground please?" Loved Jamie trying to "pop up" the TV. Loved Caroline Aaron as the travel agent. :I'm going to have the reuben and the fries of your people." Jamie pretending to be French was hysterical. Loved that sequence of Paul and Jamie separately lying to all the tourists. Can't believe Jamie got away with the insanity story and can't wait to see Paul's reaction when he learns about it. Oh, they didn't go that way, I liked it. Loved the waiter seating Paul's invisible guest. Paul's last speech was great,

Season 3 Ep 20. Why doesn't Paul strike me as the kind of guy who would have lucky socks? I also have a hard time believing Jamie would do Laundry for Ira. The return of Cyndi Lauper...maybe that's why this episode is entitled "Money Changes Everything." "He had a good life, he got to be a Count." I always wondered why Lauper never did more acting, she's really funny. OMG, they referenced PF Flyers! Remember those? Do they still make those? Marianne now has more money than God, no good can come from that. Why can't Jamie try on the tiara? Mary Ann lending money to Ira is a horrible idea. I understand Paul's intentions, but I'm not sure it is his business to protect Ira from Marianne. Loved Patrick Ewing's cameo. It's funny to see this kind of thing going on between Ira and Paul...we usually see female characters acting like this. Contrary to Jamie's belief, nobody uses the word obsequious. :It could be such a good movie like Citizen Kane, only taller." That was awesome when Paul gave Ira the check I didn't see that coming. Just checked the IMDB and learned that Lauper won an Emmy for this episode.

Season 3 Ep 21. Why was important for us to learn this was Paul's birthday in 1995? "I just don't know in what form the disaster will take, thus the fascination." OK, we're going backwards but still don't get the point. Who's Harriet? "I'm frozen, I lost a boot and I'm not with you." He takes Murray on the walk but doesn't take Jamie? I understand Jamie being upset about not being invited on the walk, but leaving him was a bit much. Threatening to leave Paul because of his walk was stupid. And he ignored the apology that he was owed? The face in the wedding cake was classic. "James, it's the circle of life."

Season 3, Ep 22. Paul made a cute milkman. Paul's entrance reminded me that milkmen are a thing of the past. Was that Jon Polito playing Jamie and Fran's client? Loved him in Barton Fink. The return of Eric Stolz! I love the way Helen and Eric work together. "I watch a little Regis, feels like Leno." Jamie's just dying for Paul to be jealous of Alan. "Because I love you and I trust you and I haven't slept in 42 hours." Paul should have known that he wasn't going to get any sleep unless he admitted to being bothered about Alan. He should know that by now. What would be the point of Jamie giving Alan a framed copy of his comic book? I thought Paul would be angry about Queen Talon. "I wonder how Catwoman's husband would handle this?" I don't know, I think this could have been funnier if Paul was upset. Loved the kid mistaking Jamie for Queen Talon. "I got a space open right between Alan Alda and Brenda Vaccaro." I don't believe Jamie jumped on Alan for saying "whom"!! She always does that to Paul. Jamie's obsession with having the last word was kind of stupid. That animated sequence had me on the floor.