THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Wanna recommend a couple of his films?

Would you guys say Bergman uses silence in his movies more than most?
Depends. Compared to say Hollywood or Japan then yes. Compared to the rest of the world then perhaps no.

He uses it more than Farhadi, Kechiche, Dreyer, Nichols, Greenaway, Kiarostami, Mikhalkov, Cassavetes, Zhang, Linklater, Kurosawa, etc.

He uses it about the same as Ozu, Angelopoulos, Fellini, Haneke, Wenders, Kobayashi, Kubrick, Koreeda, etc.

He uses it less than Tarr, Hou, Kitano, Antonioni, Erice, Iwai, Wong, Melville, etc.

It's kind of a how long is a piece of string question. Some of his films are very dialogue driven whilst others are less so IMO.

Wanna recommend a couple of his films?
Le Cercle rouge, Le Samourai, the former even has a heist scene that that is nearly half an hour long without a single word spoken if I'm not mistaken

I agree with Sane when it comes to Bergman, especially with the last sentence.

When he's not being the bad guy in a Hollywood movie, he's a wonderful actor. Obviously the two exceptions to that are Dracula (in which his OTT theatrics works well, though still stand out) and Leon (which wouldn't be the same film without his Beethoven loving cop)

I'm not a big fan of Peter Sellers.
At least he doesn't look like he's giving a BJ

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
9 for 16 yesterday in the bracket pickem. 90th place out of 138 in a pool I'm in.

Hoping for better luck today.

The thing that kills me is if you picked all favorites, you would have gotten 12 yesterday. I picked upsets, but they were the wrong ones, so the three upsets that happened combined with the three I picked that didn't happen resulted in six wrong. I knew there would be three or four.

I picked Eastern Washington, SF Austin, and Purdue. That Purdue game was in the bag.

I had LSU too and they blew that game away.

I think I was about the same as you. The Iowa State one was the one that hurt me the most going forward. I am just glad UNC survived because they are one of my final four teams. Picking Ohio State and UCLA saved my day...somewhat.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
In the past, I've tried to get into college... The 35 second shot clock is way too long. For the first 25, no one is hardly moving, just moving the ball around while fans are jumping.

It's also hard to follow a team when after one year, the best players leave for the NBA. In fact, it's become a handicap to stay 4 years...

My favorite ESPN 30 for 30 docs have been The Fab Five and I hate Christian Laettner - really great stuff.

I dont think I could ever do a top 25, 50 or 100 films.. there are so many films I have seen and its hard to say which is better than the others.... there are some that I consider top notch films but there are thousands I could recommend to others.... but would those be considered my top films as well? Yeah I enjoyed them enough to suggest.. but there are very very few films I can watch over and over..and since I watch film from every era and from pretty much any country.. that would be extremely hard..