My Sexiest Male Television Characters List

Tools    

Dr. Joe Gannon, Medical Center

I watched this show faithfully for the five seasons it was on the air for one reason...to look into Chad Everett's baby blues once a week.

Dr. Steven Kiley, Marcus Welby MD

James Brolin won an Emmy for his motorcycle riding young medical associate to the only TV doctor (Robert Young) who still made house calls.

Jonathan Hart, Hart to Hart

The other half of the 80's most adventurous TV twosome...after over 40 years in the business, Robert Wagner was still bringing the sexy.

Juan Epstein, Welcome Back Kotter

Most people couldn't take their eyes off Vinnie Barbarino (John Travolta), but I couldn't take my eyes off the late Robert Heyges as Juan Epstein.

Dr. George O'Malley, Grey's Anatomy

TR Knight was adorable as Dr. O'Malley and I seriously considered boycotting the show when the character was killed off.

Jamal Lyons, Empire

Jussie Smollett is delicious as the gay pop star son of the musical family on the FOX prime time drama that has become a serious guilty pleasure.

Jim Rockford, The Rockford Files

The late James Garner was one of the sexiest actors in the business and he was never sexier than he was on this show.

Cockroach, The Cosby Show

Carl Anthony Payne had packed on the pounds by the time he joined the cast of Martin, but he was a total hottie on this show.

Dr. Mark Sloan, Grey's Anatomy

You might not be able to tell from this shot, but Mark Sloane was a smoldering combination of sexy and very very funny.

Tom Scavo, Desperate Housewives

After playing the only gay resident of the apartment complex on Melrose Place, Doug Savant graduated to playing the slightly whipped house husband to Lynette (Felicity Huffman) who loved getting Lynette pregnant but wasn't much into raising four children and later presented Lynette with an illegitimate daughter.

Dr.Owen Hunt, Grey's Anatomy

Kevin McKidd is seriously sexy as the former military medic who joined the staff at Grey Sloan Memorial. It wasn't until after watching the film Trainspotting that I was shocked to learn that McKidd had been effectively burying a very sexy Scottish accent during his years on the show. I also wouldn't mind seeing McKidd under consideration for the next big screen James Bond.

Vince D'Angelo, Will & Grace

Bobby Cannavale brought the sexy as a cop who gives Karen (Megan Mullally) but falls for Will (Eric McCormack) when he defends her in court.

Jefferson D'Arcy, Married..with Children

After failing to impress "replacing" Ron Howard on Happy Days, Ted McGinley began to get a reputation as a TV bad luck charm...shows that added McGinley were cancelled shortly afterwards, but McGinley found a role that fit him like a glove as the lazy, money hungry second hubby of Marcy Rhodes(Amanda Bearse).

Major Anthony Nelson, I Dream of Jeannie

I thought Larry Hagman was the cutest thing as the astronaut who finds a genie in a bottle (Barbara Eden) and finds his life turned upside down. RIP, Mr. Hagman.

Jeff Colby, Dynasty

John James brought a wholesome brand of sexy to the prime time soap as the somewhat weak-willed husband of Blake Carrington's daughter, Fallon (Pamela Sue Martin, Emma Samms). Jeff wasn't the brightest bulb in the row and did a lot of his thinking below the waist.