Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Who's Next -

Old favourite, but I've knocked the rating down from a
in recent years.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Def Leppard - Euphoria (1999)

This one is home to some of their greatest tracks (Promises, To Be Alive, Paper Sun, Demolition Man), but doesn't have the consistency of some of their best work.

Listened to some stuff on shuffle and these full albums while driving to/from North Carolina with my wife last week.

Doo Wop Halloween is a Scream - various artists

Nevermind - Nirvana

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Burzum - "The Ways of Yore"
I haven't listened this one yet, but ambient Burzum is relatively worse than BM Burzum and I'm talking about his prison era albums, but hell, these ambient albums of his are really underrated and believed to simply be tad crap.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Swans - The Great Annihilator -

Finally a glorious album from Swans!

I’m just the espresso

Joyce Manor - Joyce Manor (2011)
(Punk rock, indie rock, emo.... and so on.....)

I listened to this album for the first time today and have listened to it 6 times since. It makes me feel so damn nostalgic. I really love the vocals for some reason, I mean, they're nothing special. I just really like them. I guess the only thing I hate about it is the fact that it's 18 minutes and 53 seconds long. Shame. My favourite songs are Orange Julius and Constant Headache but I like them all really.

Is it a masterpiece? Probably not. It really upset me though.

I just ordered the band's entire discography. Their songs are so damn short.

Joyce Manor - Joyce Manor -

Stealin' Theo's favourites - Part I: It's so gay I can't even think straight!

Not sure if I should cut myself or puke rainbows after I've listened it, but I kinda like it...

19 minutes long release from Joyce Manor - called LP
55 minutes long release from Swans - called EP
Weird day.

Let the night air cool you off

Barbie World: The Mixtape
(Nicki Minaj; 2010)

track ratings

1. Barbie World (Intro)
2. Always Love You -

3. Girlfriend -

4. F*ck You Silly -

5. Mi Casa -

6. Up Out My Face (Remix) -

7. Saxon -

8. Get Your Paper Up -

9. Little Freak -

10. Knockout -
- abomination. This is from Lil Wayne's foray into rock-rap, and boy howdy, this is awful.
11. Shakin' It 4 Daddy -
- The bad thing about mixtapes, they sometimes include songs by other artists that only include features from the supposed star of the mixtape. It's not like Nicki could have a saved a Robin Thicke song anyway.
12. Take It Off -

13. Sex in Crazy Places -

14. Grinding Getting Money -

15. Ponytail -
- ugh. I am getting tired of listening to this thing now. The longest 4 minutes since"Knockout"
16. The Cipher -
- Only 44 seconds long, but the rating is for an extrapolation of what that song would be if it was another 2 minutes long.
17. F*ck the Bullsh*t -

18. Easy -

19. Streets Is Watchin' - I didn
20. Finale
21. Roger That
22. BedRock
23. Getting Paid
24. Dang a Lang
25. Sweet Dreams (Remix)

I gave up. I didn't want to hear anymore, I guess I probably can't give it a rating since I didn't finish it.

You can probably tell by the song titles that this was going to be a dumb album (mixtape, but whatevs.) You are right, it's pretty dumb. A lot of people hate Nicki Minaj, and they make a lot of good points when they criticize her music. She does have some pretty good things going for her though, she seems to understand how to make a good pop-rap single. She understands that the more novel her song is, the more people will be interested in it. Just check out her latest single, "Anaconda," I don't think it's great, but I do think it will make her a pretty penny. I do like some of her songs not on this mixtape. Her features on Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are all fantastic, but you could probably dismiss those because it's like a great director getting a good performance out of a bad actor. Or so it seems. I think Nicki is talented, but she just doesn't write very well, or maybe she just disappoints me here because how much potential I think she actually has. Songs like "Come On a Cone" and "Beez in the Trap" are both examples of fun pop songs, and even if she doesn't live up to the potential that I (perhaps falsely) believe she has, I'd still prefer more songs of that ilk than what we usually get from her.

I’m just the espresso
Joyce Manor - Joyce Manor -

Stealin' Theo's favourites - Part I: It's so gay I can't even think straight!

Not sure if I should cut myself or puke rainbows after I've listened it, but I kinda like it...

19 minutes long release from Joyce Manor - called LP
55 minutes long release from Swans - called EP
Weird day.
Not sure I follow.... This isn't a gay band?? What's so gay about the album?

Not sure I follow.... This isn't a gay band?? What's so gay about the album?
Catchy melodies, not too raspy vocals.

∆ - This Is All Yours -

Stealin' Swan's favourites - Part II: δ Δ ̑#̑̑h̑̑ȋ̑p̑̑s̑̑t̑̑ȇ̑ȓ̑ ̑̑#̑̑d̑̑ȇ̑l̑̑t̑̑ȃ̑ ̑̑#̑̑m̑̑ȃ̑t̑̑h̑̑ ̑̑#̑̑2̑̑d̑̑ȇ̑ȇ̑p̑̑4̑̑ȗ

Well, what can I say. It's better than his debut, but still not that great an album. I can see why people love it, though. I expected it to be more experimental and playful given the abstract painting on the cover. The songs are pretty low-key, sad, melancholic, but with a shimmer of hope*. It can be a grower, indeed, but I don't feel like listening it over and over.

*Musically. I didn't delve into lyrics.

What makes Alt-J hipster? It's just good music.

If liking Alt-J makes me a hipster, I am the hippest hipster.

When Lindberg left Pennywise back in 2010 to go on to do something different in The Black Pacific many people were either not happy or thought "what change?" as BP sounded so much like Pennywise any way, that was to be expected, when you spend that long in a band they are bound to bring over some of their influences from another band.

I had not heard of any Pennywise material since the split but hearing a new song by them from the above album on a podcast re-ignited it for me. This may be a album that is similar to everything they have done before but you know what? I am okay with that because I love them for it to begin with.

The thing I love about Pennywise is even if I have not heard them in ten years I love them as much as I did the first time I heard them.

My rating: 8/10

I’m just the espresso
Joyce Manor - Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired (2012)

All this damn emo punk music is bringing me down for real. Again, I liked the vocals despite how gay Mr Minio thinks they sound (he's wrong). My favorite tracks are See How Tame I Can Be! and Drainage. I also never expected to ever hear an emo/punk cover of Video Killed The Radio Star but I liked it. It's way better than the original. That song was meant to sound angry and depressing!!!!!! This album's even shorter than their self-titled and is only 13 minutes long. Absolute punk gave it 92% and I think it's well-deserving of that. Great album.

Again, I liked the vocals despite how gay Mr Minio thinks they sound (he's wrong).
Again, you take it too seriously what I say.