When do you think critics as community start skipping movies

Tools    

I noticed the new M:I movie is at 99% after 140 reviews and more than likely maybe 3 more critics might give it a sour rating just to be a different for different sake. I assume this happens also with duds also but if you had to guess how many of these critics actually watch the movie instead of copy n pasting reviews.

I noticed the new M:I movie is at 99% after 140 reviews and more than likely maybe 3 more critics might give it a sour rating just to be a different for different sake. I assume this happens also with duds also but if you had to guess how many of these critics actually watch the movie instead of copy n pasting reviews.
Do you have a review that you can cite that you believe is just someone copying another person's review?

I would imagine that most critics do watch the films they are assigned to review. And I would think that something with relatively positive word of mouth, like the new M:I film, would be one you wouldn't skip.

And I don't think that bad reviews are always different just to be different. It makes sense that even if something is widely liked, a few people genuinely won't like it.

Do you have a review that you can cite that you believe is just someone copying another person's review?

I would imagine that most critics do watch the films they are assigned to review. And I would think that something with relatively positive word of mouth, like the new M:I film, would be one you wouldn't skip.

And I don't think that bad reviews are always different just to be different. It makes sense that even if something is widely liked, a few people genuinely won't like it.
I can't cite a particular review but I've noticed if a movie on RT is somewhere in the range of 40 -50 reviews and none are bad reviews the next 150 - 200 seem to be similar in their praise and almost alike. I agree if a critic watched it and didn't enjoy it they would write an honest critique on why they didn't give it a positive review which it explains the very low number of negative reviews. I'm not familiar with an average film critics work load but I can't image a critic wouldn't skip a movie if they weren't that interested in the film to begin with. I'm assuming here but I would think if a criticism worked for an employer and they asked for a review for a summer movie or one with a marketable star they would want their film critics opinion on it for something to print.

Tldr version:

If a movie got blasted with an enormous amount of negative reviews and lauded as a craptastic film, so much so that a whole generation of movie watchers avoided as the eye plague, only to find out years later said critics admit they lied and didn't even watch it after a decent size of crappy reviews to save personal time to enjoy their lives instead of wasting (in their opinion) time on a crap movie. I promise this isn't a hit piece on any said person who does or doesn't do film reviews for a living, just a curious thought of others opinion on how often this happens in the film review business.

The critics were captured a long time ago. The mask slipped when the Tomato-Meter radically shifted from audience ratings. The homogeneity of critical reviews is a predictable consequence of so much money riding on bigger and bigger movies that have to make a ton of money very quickly. We've seen the same thing happen in the video game industry. It's a joke.

I can't cite a particular review but I've noticed if a movie on RT is somewhere in the range of 40 -50 reviews and none are bad reviews the next 150 - 200 seem to be similar in their praise and almost alike.
I gotcha. This might also be some confirmation bias at work. If early reviews are positive, critics who see the film after it's released might have those good vibes in mind as they watch and be more positively inclined toward it.