Your Favorite Documentaries of All Time

Tools    

March of the Penguins (2005)

I really enjoy Life after People its not a greatly informative documentary, but it is interesting.

I second:
The Thin Blue Line
One Day in September
Ken Burns Baseball

I'll add

A documentary about the coming of age ritual for Amish kids.

Streetwise- About young street kids in Seattle

Jesus Camp- Some would say the Brainwashing of young Evangelical Christians (It's okay because that's what the Muslims do)

Watergate- A very in depth documentary miniseries on the Watergate Scandal.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I love docos and cant pick a favourite so I'll simply post the one I watched last night

does anyone have any recommendation about cult like documentaries?
ive seen most about sciontologyi think,but do leave them aswell if you have any,ive seen most on the manson family, and ive seen one on heavens gate and peoples temple.
You've probably seen this one

Blix, I looked that up on imdb. From a reviewer

On the 50th anniversary of his parents' execution, he noted that the "War on Terrorism" has replaced the Cold War.
Basically the summary of Brendan Nelson, the director of The Aus War Memorial who commissioned Afghanistan: The Australian Story. I dont think it's going to end in my lifetime. Scary sht.

movies can be okay...
My favourite documentary so far, has to be:
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

9/11: Exposed is a fascinating documentary which investigates the truth of how and who were responsible for the World Traded Center collapses-- especially Building 7, which was never hit by a plane.

Evidently so far CIA involvement is the chief theory of who was behind the demolition of WTC 1, 2 & 7. In part the theory states that the U.S. intelligence community became aware of the plans for the terrorist attack, and got involved to make sure that the buildings were demolished. That would in turn allow the government to promote endless wars against the Middle East-- which of course show no sign of abatement today. Saudis thought to be involved were immediately allowed to leave the U.S., and there was no official government investigation ordered of the attack, outside of the NIST study long after the debris had been removed.

Who doesn't recall Bush II's insistent pronouncement of weapons of mass destruction in Saddam's Iraq as a reason to go to war with them in 2003. Turns out-- no WMD's.

The documentary can be accessed on YouTube, or at documentary film sites. Those interested in the actual scientific research on the subject can peruse thousands of articles at 911 Truth dot org, and other sites. [Movie Forums is not allowing me to post links yet, so you'd have to find them on your own. But it's easy.]

Great stuff!

Wow, I haven't heard of any of your 40 and I LOVE documentaries !

Greatest Tank Battles
Modern Warfare
The FBI Files
I Shouldn't Be Alive
Mayday aka Air Crash Investigation
Seconds From Disaster
Zero Hour
Locked Up Abroad
Battlefield Detectives
The New Detectives
Deadly Women
Secrets of War

Touching the Void was crazy! Has anyone seen The Fear of 13? That's a pretty crazy, stranger than fiction type, documentary.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

"You Have No Idea How Much I Love You"
Polish document about psychological therapy.

And the next one about family of director
"Such a Nice Boy I Gave Birth to"

And the last one, quite old, but very positive
"Anything Can Happen"

Grizzly Man
You're Gonna Miss Me
King of Kong
Air Guitar Nation
Meet the Friedmans
Spellbound
Searching for Sugarman