2005 Oscar nominations

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I'm very dissapointed that Napoleon Dynamite did not get nominated for anything.

FRIGGIN' RIP-OFF!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm not. I'm also glad to boot.

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I'm very dissapointed that Napoleon Dynamite did not get nominated for anything.

FRIGGIN' RIP-OFF!
I'm a big Napoleon Dynamite fan but will admit, my first thought upon walking out of the theater was NOT "Now that's Oscar material baby, yeah!"

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Jamie Foxx was NOT a supporting actor in Collateral.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Dogville was elligible for this year's Oscars. It was critically panned by in large, made zero money, and was (falsely) labled as anti-American. So no, it didn't get any nominations. At all.
Thats such a shame. But i can understand why i guess, still a Superb film though.

history *is* moralizing
Holden, mentioning in the same sentence three of the very few movies that meant something (deep) in my life (Fight, Lost, Eternal)... wow!
"you be thanked"!

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
You deserve to be dissapointed if you actually thought it would get nominated for anything. I liked it, but come on, this is the Oscars, what would it possibly get nominated for?

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by Garrett
You deserve to be dissapointed if you actually thought it would get nominated for anything.
lets be a bit more harsh next time. But Napolean Dynamite could have been nominated in the short movie categorie for Peluca or even the Special effects for its opening credits. I get mad that effects now depend on computer animation it kinda sucks.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
But Napolean Dynamite could have been nominated in the short movie categorie for Peluca or even the Special effects for its opening credits.
In every which way this is so very No.

lets be a bit more harsh next time. But Napolean Dynamite could have been nominated in the short movie categorie for Peluca or even the Special effects for its opening credits. I get mad that effects now depend on computer animation it kinda sucks.
I agree with blib. What a horribly, horribly, horribly wrong AND stupid statement. I hope you were making it sarcastically...

Neutral Milk Hotel
I dont feel my opinion is stupid. It is really my feeling that the opening credits were extremely creative and unfortunatley the Academy ignores creativity. Eternal Sunshine was easily the most creative film of the year but It was not recognized at the golden globes and will not be recognized much at the oscars.

Okay, even if you want some magical creativity award, that's neat and all, but the credits of Napoleon Dynamite can never and will never be considered special effects...

Unless of course you're using the term special as it pretains to the act of being retarded.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
You guys can never sense the sarcasim in me...

Obviously I knew that Napoleon Dynamite would never get nominated for anything. It's good, but definently not Oscar-worthy IMO. And as for the opening credits, sorry Rico, but what's so special about them? The guy's name on the Lemonhead's box and on the chap stick?

Ooo! Check that out! ILM can't beat ***** now cuz of that!

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by jrs
Yes he was.
yeah what he said. Tom Cruise = leading actor, jamie Foxx = supporting actor.

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
yeah what he said. Tom Cruise = leading actor, jamie Foxx = supporting actor.
Because Cruise is a bigger name. But awards shouldn't be about popularity.

Jamie Foxx was the main character in Collateral.

I'm dissapionted that Closer didn't make it into Best Picture, it was by far the best in my opinion. But I can understand why it didn't.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I heard That closer was really good but that it was shot in an odd way that made it boring and interesting at the same time.

I heard That closer was really good but that it was shot in an odd way that made it boring and interesting at the same time.
How can something be boring and interesting at the same time?