Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This has really been terrifying me lately.
I’m 61. I spent my childhood waiting for nuclear annihilation. I stopped worrying after the wall fell. I haven’t thought about it since. Maybe I’m being too optimistic.
I think I’m more likely to get stabbed by a neighbor or shot by a coworker.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
That's good one! It has a scene in it were the creature has a woman and a child corned in a small area that's very reminiscent of the famous scene in Aliens with Ripley and Newt.

Earlier in the movie they knocked out one of its eyes. I guess the creature grew a new one.

Following a recent theme for me, watching a classic, The Brides of Dracula. It's from that collection of terrific British horror movies of the '60's and '70's, Hammer Films. Most of the Hammer Films had either Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee (the best of all Dracula actors) in a starring role. Hammer Films were well shot, well acted, with good production, good props and in vivid Kodachrome-like color, classics of their era. They had David Peel as Dracula and great hair stylists.

I’m 61. I spent my childhood waiting for nuclear annihilation. I stopped worrying after the wall fell. I haven’t thought about it since. Maybe I’m being too optimistic.
I think I’m more likely to get stabbed by a neighbor or shot by a coworker.
That seems to be the only right way to think about it.

I work very closely with the media, part of my role is controlling ‘the narrative’ (a good one, heh?). Inevitably, I’m forced to read much news and that does add to the overarching anxiety. At least once I come to watch something else tonight, I’ll go back to worrying about the stabbings and shootings.

In any case, before that, I’m also going to the opera, that should help.

That seems to be the only right way to think about it.

I work very closely with the media, part of my role is controlling ‘the narrative’ (a good one, heh?). Inevitably, I’m forced to read much news and that does add to the overarching anxiety. At least once I come to watch something else tonight, I’ll go back to worrying about the stabbings and shootings.

In any case, before that, I’m also going to the opera, that should help.
I’m lucky; I really don’t have to pay attention to “the narrative” and I like it that way.
What are you going to see at the opera?