Billy Walsh reviews "Observe and Report"

→ in
Tools    

One Suit Two Suit Three Suit Four
I went into this with moderate expectations. I expected it to have a few good laughs, one or two gut busters and Rogen taking the spotlight.

Well one of those were right, Rogen defenatly took the spotlight. Had I gone in with high expectations I probably would have been satisfied, but luckly I walked in thinking what I did and I am still cracking up at it. Seth Rogen, Michael Pena, the Asian Twins. They were all gold in the film. It seemed like every other thing Rogen did had me cracking up.

Of course my only problem with the movie was Anna Faris' overall terrible acting. Luckly I don't have to blame it on her role in the film, she is just terrible overall. Had someone else replaced her, I could have easily given this a perfect score.

But I honestly ask everyone to go out and see this as soon as possible.

And anyone who has seen it and loved it will agree with me, the ending was easily the best part of the entire film. Probably from when he is sitting at the food court in the mall and then on.

If they had an oscar for comedies, Seth Rogen would be a shoe-in for Best Actor IMO.

Observe and Report: 9/10

I saw it yesterday, and I really loved it as well. Here's my thoughts on it from the Movie Tab:

Observe And Report
Jody Hill, 2009

I had originally planned on doing a full review for this, like I do for every movie I see in theaters, but after having to wait like 6 hours to get on here since seeing it, I sort of forgot a bunch of what I had wanted to say. I saw so hyped to see this from the trailer, I mean this seriously had like best comedy ever potential from the trailer, but sadly it didn't quite do that for me. It sure is going to make it up there for me, though. Every couple of years we get another true epic comedy, and I think this is the first true epic comedy we've gotten since Anchorman came out back in 2004. While I'm already talking about it being epic, it makes we want to bring attention my next thought of the movie. This movie, by far, has the most epic climax that I've ever seen. Even though it got pretty sick watching, mostly guys, but I'm not even sure girls would like this guy either.

This had like some amazingly well done action sequences to it, as well. I seriously didn't think that this was going to have so much action in it. The action in it is insanely awesome too, like Seth Rogen fighting like 15 cops alone with just a flashlight. How cool is that, well it may not sound as cool saying it, but when you actually see it done, it's really great. That's not the only great action scene in the movie, but that's the main one that really sticks out to me. There also seemed to be a bunch of shock moments in the movie, like the last moment in the epic climax before things start calming down. There was a lot of quick cuts in the movie, though, which I usually don't like it when movies do this. Somehow it seemed to work for me, but I that's just my opinion.

It's no secret that Seth Rogen is my favorite comedian, so there was no doubt that I'd at least like him some in this. He seemed to get pretty dedicated for this role, because his acting in the last 15 minutes of the movie really shined for him as an actor. I'd rank it with about his acting in Knocked Up, but I still hope he'll improve even more by the time Funny People come out. Michael Pena is beyond awesome in this, but that's how his character was supposed to be. I don't really like the direction that they ended up going with his character, though. His character had so much more potential than he got. Ray Liotta is such a dick in this, but he's supposed to for his character, so I guess he did an okay job.

I think that this is going to make it very high on my favorite comedies list, maybe even in my top 5 favorite comedies. My expectations for this weren't quite met as much as I had hoped, but I still freaking loved it. This is a definite must for any Rogen fans, and even for people aren't fans of him should try it out. This really isn't as much as a perverted comedy as some of Rogen's other movies, but it's more of a dark comedy. It's great to be seeing Rogen do something different. This is still easily the best movie of 2009 so far, but we still have awhile to go before 2009 ends.