Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Walkabout (1971)

I thought about rating this higher because I'll remember it more than most films. It's kind of slow, but I found it to be captivating and a little freaky. It has beautiful scenery so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes movies like that. I need to watch it again because it's just that kind of movie. It's on the 50 films to see before you die list, but I have one warning: there are numerous animal killings that appeared real.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I haven't posted in a while. I don't know how long it has been, but I believe it has been almost a month. Here are the movies that I have watched. I haven''t written a review on them, I've been busy getting things ready for my website.

96. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - April 4th (136 minutes)
97. Pathology - April 6th (93 minutes)
98. Stoker - April 8th (99 minutes)
99. The Lucky Ones - April 9th (115 minutes)
100. 21 Jump Street - April 9th (109 minutes)
101. No Country for Old Men - April 10th (122 minutes)
102. Exorcismus - April 10th (101 minutes)
103. The Wolf of Wall Street - April 12th (179 minutes)
104. Judge Dredd - April 13th (96 minutes)
105. Out of the Furnace - April 13th (116 minutes)
106. American Hustle - April 13th (138 minutes)
107. Without a Paddle - April 15th (95 minutes)
108. The Fifth Estate - April 15th (128 minutes)
109. Groundhog Day - April 16th (101 minutes)
110. This is the End - April 16th (106 minutes)
111. Antiviral - April 18th (111 minutes)
112. Visible Scars - April 21st (102 minutes)
113. Subspecies - April 21st (90 minutes)
114. Subspecies 2 - April 24th (106 minutes)
115. The Pit and the Pendulum - April 29th (97 minutes)

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Let's see...last movie I watched was...Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I'd say 6.5, maybe 7 out of 10. Second best in the series, in my opinion.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Maybe, but from what I've experienced, I don't care for it. I went to a midnight screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show around here one time. It was just the gay guys and their hags from some high school drama club acting silly on Saturday night.
I certainly don't have any interest in taking part myself, just find it quite interesting from an outside perspective how such a film (which I thought was pretty crappy) has managed to generate such a devoted following. I'd say that De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise would be much more deserving of such devotion.

The Circus (1928), directed by Charlie Chaplin.

Not my favorite Chaplin silent film, but the trapeze scene and the tramp pretending to be a mechanical man were great.

armageddon 8/10

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Shootist (1976)

I've been up and down on John Wayne so far, but I'd have to say that this is my favorite role of his yet. What really surprised me about this movie was how touching it was. A good part of that probably stems from the fact that Wayne was dying during filming, and in this movie, he plays a dying man. It also has an outstanding supporting cast including Lauren Bacall, Ron Howard, Jimmy Stewart, and more. I really like the director, Don Siegal, who's credits also include Dirty Harry and The Beguiled. Great ending to this as well, something I find very important in Westerns.

this is one I haven't seen since I was a young'un in the late seventies and have it waiting on DVR to watch soon.

(REWATCH) Rock and Rule (1983) Canada.
Pure camp, tongue firmly (and with slippery ease) in cheek rock opera. Been a decade or two since seeing this and it STILL makes me chuckle. Gotta love an indulgence that continues to please

(MULTIPLE REWATCH) Oldboy Korean
Severely twisted, incredibly dark, morbidly hilarious. . . I just love this movie more and more every time I see it.

Unregistered User

Wait until Dark -
+

Great performance from Hepburn as a blind woman terrorised by a home invasion. Only problem for me was it felt a little too slow but still very watchable.

The Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) -

British folk horror that i had heard compared with Witchfinder General. Not that i was a huge fan of WG but TBOSC was not even close to that standard, in fact it was pretty awful. Slow, bad acting and a pretty rubbish plot.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Erin brockovich

This was actually a pretty good movie. Very interesting, and a great performance from Julia Roberts. "You Got 2 left feet and ugly fu***** shoes".

Erin brockovich

This was actually a pretty good movie. Very interesting, and a great performance from Julia Roberts. "You Got 2 left feet and ugly fu***** shoes".

nice boobies btw hehe

Flænset (2000) ~ 5/10

A bit upset with this.. considering Thomas Bo Larsen is a great Danish actor. The film lacked in many places.

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas by Terry Gilliam

One of my favorite of all time certainly. I'm not a drug fan but this film is so freaking hilarious . Johnny Depp and Del Toro are amazing in their respective role and want it or not we truly see the real effect of many kind of drugs ... so for me it's really good .

9.3/10

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Double

Just got done viewing this, so i'm still trying to gather my thoughts. But I will say that I really enjoyed it. Maybe even loved it.

I can't talk about this without mentioning how stunning the visual style is. Each shot crisp and beautifully composed, the film really does manage to have a very unique art-style. In his review Cobpyth noted that the film has some similarities with Brazil and the films of Lynch, and I definitely see it.There is an underlying sense of unease to The Double, and while hilarious at times this is still a rather dark piece film. In the first few minutes, I could automatically tell that this was a film for me.The Double drew me in right off the bat, and for the next 90 minutes I was completely hooked. It has a hint of Kafkaesque themes, and it is open to many different interpretations. It's going to be impossible for me to write this review without mentioning Enemy. Another film from this year about doppelgangers. While both films are much different in tone and structure ,even I can't deny that there are some striking similarities. But that's a topic for another day I suppose.

Jesse Eisenberg really nails his role err "roles" in the film. Before I always used to confuse him with Michael Cera for some reason, but he's really impressed me with his performance here and in The Social Network. Still not seeing him as Lex Luthor though (shutters). Getting back on track, I'll just end my review by stating that this isn't really a film that's going to work for most people. If what I have written in the review interests you, then certainly check it out. If not, then it's best to avoid the film. I give it a rating of
. It suits my tastes,and it was an immensely enjoyable film to watch.

So glad you liked it, Lucas! It definitely had something "Kafkaesque" to it indeed. Have you already seen Submarine from the same director? It's not really comparable to this film in terms of atmosphere or themes, but it's also a visually satisfying film in my opinion.

The Conformist (1970)

I feel like maybe I'm underrating this because I'm not a huge fan of political/spy thrillers. I loved the look and style of this, and the plot and characters kept me interested enough through the end.