2016 MoFo Mega Movie Tournament

Tools    

1. Clerks (1994; Kevin Smith) vs Lilting (2014; Hong Khaou)

2. Forrest Gump (1994; Robert Zemeckis) vs MASH (1970; Robert Altman)

3. Source Code (2011; Duncan Jones) vs Shane (1953; George Stevens)

4. Le Samourai (1967; Jean-Pierre Melville) vs My Cousin Vinny (1992; Jonathan Lynn)

5. Werckmeister Harmonies (2000; Béla Tarr, Ágnes Hranitzky) vs Elephant (2003; Gus Van Sant)

6. Polyester (1981; John Waters) vs Damn Yankees! (1958; George Abbott, Stanley Donen)

7. Night of the Living Dead (1968; George Romero) vs Evil Dead II (1987; Sam Raimi) (dammn too hard.... Evil Dead 2 is special for me tho)

8. Fargo (1996; Coen Bros) vs A Place in the Sun (1951; George Stevens)

Let the night air cool you off
Current Scores:

Tiebreaker Needed:
Spy Who Came in from the Cold - 1
Lawrence of Arabia - 1

Open Sets:
Clerks - 2
Lilting - 1

Forrest Gump - 10
MASH - 6

Source Code - 3
Shane - 5

Le Samourai - 3
My Cousin Vinny - 2

Werckmeister Harmonies - 3
Elephant - 1

Polyester - 1
Damn Yankees! - 2

Night of the Living Dead - 8
Evil Dead II - 3

Fargo - 8
A Place in the Sun - 3

1. Clerks (1994; Kevin Smith) vs Lilting (2014; Hong Khaou)

beautiful movie! thanks for nominating it!

2. Forrest Gump (1994; Robert Zemeckis) vs MASH (1970; Robert Altman)

3. Source Code (2011; Duncan Jones) vs Shane (1953; George Stevens)
it has jake gyllenhaal so you know its going to be good nothing wrong with the other either,just not really a fan of westerens

4. Le Samourai (1967; Jean-Pierre Melville) vs My Cousin Vinny (1992; Jonathan Lynn)
this was difficult because they`re both great,but so different. i voted for my cousin vinny because it takes alot for a comedy to win me over

5. Werckmeister Harmonies (2000; Béla Tarr, Ágnes Hranitzky) vs Elephant (2003; Gus Van Sant)
must have overlooked this last time,elephant is one of my favourite movies

6. Polyester (1981; John Waters) vs Damn Yankees! (1958; George Abbott, Stanley Donen)

7. Night of the Living Dead (1968; George Romero) vs Evil Dead II (1987; Sam Raimi)

8. Fargo (1996; Coen Bros) vs A Place in the Sun (1951; George Stevens)

oh lord,have seen none of the rest...as for the coloured,i dont like either:/

Just to avoid confusion,ive quoted my post and the votes i add on now are the red ones.

Finally able to break the tie from the previous set ...

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965; Martin Ritt) vs Lawrence of Arabia (1962; David Lean)

I've been very, very, very busy the last week. It's been cutting into my school work, and I've gotten a couple of bad grades because of it. I'll try to have this stuff taken care of tomorrow if I can.

Well, Ive decided The Lion In Winter won this tournament. I appreciate everyone that came out and participated.

Winner - The Lion In Winter

THANK YOU!

THREAD CLOSED

Clerks - 2
Lilting - 2

Forrest Gump - 10
MASH - 6

Source Code - 4
Shane - 5

Le Samourai - 3
My Cousin Vinny - 3

Werckmeister Harmonies - 3
Elephant - 2

Polyester - 1
Damn Yankees! - 3

Night of the Living Dead - 8
Evil Dead II - 3

Fargo - 8
A Place in the Sun - 3

Final Scores, need two tiebreakers.

Le Samourai vs My Cousin Vinny

My Cousin Vinny is fairly light hearted for a comedy. It doesn't really make me laugh. But besides that there's nothing else particularly impressive about it either. It's such a mediocre movie. Le Samourai is a masterpiece.

Werckmeister Harmonies vs Elephant

Perhaps Werckmeister Harmonies deserves to win, but I found it too hard to digest. On the other hand I love hyper realism and Gus Van Sant.

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold vs Lawrence of Arabia

The former blew my mind. While the latter is a classic, I don't think it's camera work, acting, and script are as strong.

Edit: Oh, I see that's from the previous round. Nevermind then. Curse you Spaulding for picking the wrong movie! :P

I am putting this tournament on ice until I have more free time. I've been super busy and haven't had much time for the forum. When I get some time, I'll come back and be more active.