Worst Death Ever

Tools    

If you have ever been watching a kick butt fight scene and then become disillusioned when the write/director/who ever decides to kill off one of the fighters in really dumb dumb dumb way then let it be heard.

For me it was the way the killed off Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. Maul was man-handaling to Jedi for the most part of the fight with ease, he takes care of ol Jin and then fights ticked off Obi, thats when the fighting was at its best. Once Maul regains his barrings and realizes that Obi is a chump compared to him he takes care of him and knocks him down a hole, then Obi flips out of, grabs a lightsaber with the Force lands behind Maul and slices him in half!!! What they heck, there was no way that would have happened after the way he had been fighting. Grrrh!

Anyways, does anyone out there have a fight scene that ticked them off???

So many good movies, so little time.
It didn't tick me off but Rob Roy (Liam Neeson) got beat up pretty good by Archibald (Tim Roth) before he ended up winning the sword fight.

It was a typical Hollywood ending but I still liked it better than the way Braveheart ended.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

In Collateral, when Max killed Vincint. Michael Mann spent the whole film building Vincint up as the coolest bad guy ever, then knocks him off in a cheesy hollywood fashion, and by a looser cab driver too! He did the same damn thing in Heat as well.

yea i didnt like that maul death he was really man handling jin and obi the whole battle

May The Forks be With Us
it was ok. I really didnt like the fight between the bride and bill in Kill Bill Volume 2. It was just too abrupt. They should have had thie huge @$$ fight and have him knock the crap out of her and try to take advantage of her and then she uses he five point heart thing. That would have been awsome. I liked the Darth Maul fight because it had style and then he just goes for the gold and wins. The fight in Dragon Heart: a new beginning in the end between the two dragons was terrible because it was so abrupt and there was no action. I hated it. Any ways thats all from me.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
it was ok. I really didnt like the fight between the bride and bill in Kill Bill Volume 2. It was just too abrupt. They should have had thie huge @$$ fight
Yeah the whole audience at the theatre was pumped up for it, you could feel the tension then......nothing....well not nothing but not anything substantial. They could have done something like they did at the end of Gladiator when the big fight everyone is waiting to see occurs. It's very captivating and suspenseful. It ended at just the right time:

i.e. Maximus was dying and couldn't just fight forever and Comodus had been bashed up heaps so should have died.

Anyway just my thoughts

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by MrJack
In Collateral, when Max killed Vincint. Michael Mann spent the whole film building Vincint up as the coolest bad guy ever, then knocks him off in a cheesy hollywood fashion, and by a looser cab driver too! He did the same damn thing in Heat as well.

yeah Cruise shoulda wasted Foxx, I agree. That was about the only mistep in that entire film which I thought was very good.

But the cab driver wasn't a loser completely. He had the limo service ahead of him. We all know how tough them limo drivers can be.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
^^^ see its that kind of build up and then kaput that gets on my nerves about death scenes
what's wrong with lots of build up. In The Blindswordsman there was tons of build up to the final fights but they really didn't last long. Same thing with Red River. Two gunfights are promised but the film doesn't deliver on either one of them. And no that's not a bad thing, depending on the film and those are two good examples where it doesn't matter.

LOTR .. yeah I know it was a movie from a book, but the death of Golem sucked in the book too. Only part about the story I did not like..oh well.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
trinity in The Matrix Revolutions, she took about half an hour to die and it just didnt fit right
That pretty much killed it for me too. It should have been a very moving scene, instead I was almost frustrated that she just wouldn't let go.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
what's wrong with lots of build up. In The Blindswordsman there was tons of build up to the final fights but they really didn't last long. Same thing with Red River. Two gunfights are promised but the film doesn't deliver on either one of them. And no that's not a bad thing, depending on the film and those are two good examples where it doesn't matter.

i think build up is good but only when a film can live up to the build up tension. When a film doesn't deliver to the appropriate level of build up then i feel let down and disappointed, then i cry and run home

history *is* moralizing
one of the last striking ones i saw: in Uzumaki (Japan, 2002), we don't really see what happened to that guy in the washing machine, but... (and the result is to be seen for a few seconds later on in the movie)...

There are those who call me...Tim.
I didn't mind Mauls death. It's not like Obi Wan didn't have him on the run at one point. Shame about him leaping out of the pit though, should've burst out of there, not floated up.
Anyway...
I hated Trinity's death aswell. She held on for a while, and seeing her with all those pipes and bars sticking through her had completely the wrong effect (come on, who didn't laugh when they saw that?).

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I hated Trinity's death aswell. seeing her with all those pipes and bars sticking through her had completely the wrong effect (come on, who didn't laugh when they saw that?).
yep, we're lucky they didn't keep the scene where one can Donnie Darko crushed under the turbojet engine with that piece of metal coming out of his chest - same bad effect as in Matrix.

Welcome to the human race...
In a movie? Probably when McManus died in The Usual Suspects. He goes over the ship blowing away Hungarian gangsters and what does he get? A pipe in the neck and a faceplant.

Other than that, my other vote is for that of either Vegas from Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction (Michael Madsen and John Travolta respectively). Even though it was made out so that both of them deserved what they got, you couldn't help but feel for them as they both went down in hails of bullets.

Outside of a movie, the death of Legato Bluesummers in Trigun was a bit of sh*t.

oh man, trinity's death was horrible. I was so psyched up for that movie, and then I found myself laughing and making fun of her. I felt almost disrespectful, but damn that just sucked.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
that big old speech she made coulda been said before they left for the robot city, showing us a little romantic 'if we dont make it' speech between her and neo. Was it me or was there like no chemistry between those two?