That one movie sequel that made you wonder wtf they were thinking...

Tools    

28 weeks later... really? could have picked up where they left off and they might have actually gone places.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

I still loved it because I'm a shameless sucker for chipmunks but god damn it! When will they finally learn that most people don't appreciate the "whooo, look how hip and cool we are!" approach?

Thank God that at least it had redeeming values and that in the next one (Chipwrecked) they turned the "hip" stuff down a bit.

The Matrix sequels... they got too involved in tech to make the films. Just made it look like a cartoon. The original at least used actual cameras and people rather than just full on CGI.

Critters sequels. The first one is great, hated the sequels.

Gremlins 2... way too toned down for kids and way too cartoony.

Semper Fooey
City Slickers 2

That kind of a list could go on for pages. I can think of about 50 right off the top of my head.

Back to The Future - Both sequels
Superman 3
Gremlins 2
Friday The 13th 2-3-4-5-6-7.......and so on
Halloween sequels
Jurassic Park 3
Rocky 3+4
Scarlett - the crummy sequel to Gone With The Wind

Any sequel that fails to even pretend it is furthering the story or idea of the original and is just a shameless retread. Hangover II is the most recent that comes to mind.

I dont know, Skepsis. After watching the excellent first one, the others didnt seem to have much to them.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Definitely diagree with Gremlins 2 which I saw again a few days ago. It takes awhile to get going, but it's great when it does. I like the BttF sequels too.

Here, There and Everywhere
Predator II. For shame Danny Glover.

First post in over a year, woo.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Highlander 2: The Quickening. Seriously wtf was that **** I just watched moment.

28 weeks later... really? could have picked up where they left off and they might have actually gone places.
I thought they should have shown us the beginning of the disaster, why not a "28 Hours Later" prequel showing the disaster unfold.

Gandalf26, I'm totally with you on Highlander 2, which totally threw out the rules set up in the first film and had the Immortals come from another planet??? Then, the lazy explanation for Sean Connery's return. And the non-excuse for Christopher Lambert becoming immortal again at the first, then the...oh, I give up! Probably the most disappointing sequel I paid to see at the theaters.

The Matrix sequels... they got too involved in tech to make the films. Just made it look like a cartoon. The original at least used actual cameras and people rather than just full on CGI.

Critters sequels. The first one is great, hated the sequels.

Gremlins 2... way too toned down for kids and way too cartoony.
I agree with you on The Matrix, I did like the movies, but looking at the whole series it was the wrong direction to take.

I agree with you on The Matrix, I did like the movies, but looking at the whole series it was the wrong direction to take.
I think that "The Matrix Reloaded" gets a bit of an unfair press tbh.

The start is fairly bad, going back to Zion but when the action starts it's reallly superb stuff imo.

Some of the action scenes, the 2 Neo fights and Freeway chase are simply awesome.

I thought they should have shown us the beginning of the disaster, why not a "28 Hours Later" prequel showing the disaster unfold.
yes, or that. But I really got sucked into the first. Why oh why couldn't they just continue where they left off... the story was excellent.

The Exorcist sequels
Dumb and Dumberer-no Jim Carrey!
The Sting 2-no Redford or Newman!
Speed 2
Staying Alive-I love Saturday Night Fever
Blues Brothers 2000-there is no Blues Brothers without Belushi
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights-wtf?
Smokey and the Bandit 3
The Crow: City of Angels
The Rage: Carrie 2-ridiculous
American Psycho 2
An American Werewolf in Paris

I would say The Fly 2 but I actually enjoyed it.

The Exorcist sequels
Dumb and Dumberer-no Jim Carrey!
The Sting 2-no Redford or Newman!
Speed 2
Staying Alive-I love Saturday Night Fever
Blues Brothers 2000-there is no Blues Brothers without Belushi
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights-wtf?
Smokey and the Bandit 3
The Crow: City of Angels
The Rage: Carrie 2-ridiculous
American Psycho 2
An American Werewolf in Paris

I would say The Fly 2 but I actually enjoyed it.
I actually enjoyed An American Werewolf in Paris. Deuce Bigelow sequel or the first one for that matter