The 2016 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Casey Affleck - Manchester By The Sea

The most dominated category by far. Affleck was in the lead from the start and no one came close to matching his votes. How wide of a margin? Affleck received 21 votes. Second place received 4 votes.

Affleck. Of course. That is one of the greatest performances of the last 20 years to say the least.

Actors and actresses, especially the Oscar baitey types, often act merely on the outside. Rarely do we see a performance these days - and in a major popular film - hold such an inner, subtle personal performance. So fragile and humane. Affleck speaks with his body language throughout almost all of the film. Sometimes it's just one second of a look from the eyes. Other times it's a flinch. And sometimes it's merely the way the line is delivered.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Casey Affleck - Manchester By The Sea

The most dominated category by far. Affleck was in the lead from the start and no one came close to matching his votes. How wide of a margin? Affleck received 21 votes. Second place received 4 votes.
Wow. I better see it then.

I think I voted for BvS... It was so awful. Suicide Squad is pretty much equally awful if not more, but BvS just dropped the ball harder in my opinion. At least that one left me most angry and with a worse taste in my mouth.

Best Director

And the nominees are....

Kenneth Lonergan - Manchester By The Sea

Barry Jenkins - Moonlight

Damien Chazelle - La La Land

Martin Scorsese - Silence

Denis Villeneuve - Arrival

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Amy Adams - Arrival

Amy Adams received 13 votes and is the first difference we see from the Academy. Emma Stone grabbed 8 votes for second and Natalie Portman snagged 7 for third.

Damien Chazelle - La La Land

Damien Chazelle got 11 votes while second place Denis Vilenueve only received 8. Barry Jenkins wasn't far behind with 7.

La La Land

Manchester By The Sea

Yes, another tie. Both of these films received 10 votes each. It was a close race the entire time with Manchester By The Sea taking an early lead. La La Land was able to claw its way back and both tied. Arrival wasn't too far behind with 7 votes and Silence right behind it with 6. Surprise nomination The Nice Guys received 1 vote.