Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I really like this film. Simone Simon was the perfect choice for the protagonist. I also like director Val Lewton's use of a now classic early jump scare: the "Lewton Bus":
I really enjoyed Cat People from 1942 as well.

Today i have started up with Curse of the Demon. And i will follow up with I Walked With a Zombie. I had planned to see these films a long time ago.

Rewatch (as planned). Like this poster much better.

Enjoyed the film even more this time around. Pretty much a masterpiece.

Rewatch.

This is unintentionally hilarious as the subtitles which I didn’t even ask for in the Amazon version I picked are somewhat out of sync. Reminds me of that viral Oppenheimer-with-Barbie subtitles thing.

I really enjoyed Cat People from 1942 as well.

Today i have started up with Curse of the Demon. And i will follow up with I Walked With a Zombie. I had planned to see these films a long time ago.
You also might enjoy The Leopard Man (1943), which, like Cat People is also directed by Jacques Tourner and produced by Val Lewton.

It's based upon a story by the great Cornell Woolrich, who probably had more noir and crime movies based upon his stories than anyone else's. It's also an early realistic portrayal of a serial killer.

You also might enjoy The Leopard Man (1943), which, like Cat People is also directed by Jacques Tourner and produced by Val Lewton.

It's based upon a story by the great Cornell Woolrich, who probably had more noir and crime movies based upon his stories than anyone else's. It's also an early realistic portrayal of a serial killer.
Sounds good. I will probably see it in the coming week, as i dont have many plans for my next movies.

Cheers.

In a quick sentence, what is this about?

Rewatch (as planned). Like this poster much better.

Enjoyed the film even more this time around. Pretty much a masterpiece.
Looking forward, but it’s gonna be a great while.

Love this movie. A classic of American cinema.

In a quick sentence, what is this about?

Looking forward, but it’s gonna be a great while.

Love this movie. A classic of American cinema.
Likewise on Raging Bull!

Plan 75 is about a government programme
WARNING: spoilers below
encouraging elderly people to be euthanised so as not to be a burden on society. There’s a sales angle, I guess, of the most morbid kind.
An odd film, always takes an effort for me to finish it, but upon reflection, something about it does work.

I know I owe you a response on the DM, but I’ve been a bit snowed under by life/work/stress and I haven’t yet rewatched Women Talking, but planning to.

Why a great while on the new Scorsese? I loved that thing, can’t remember the last time I enjoyed something so much.

Likewise on Raging Bull!

Plan 75 is about a government programme
WARNING: spoilers below
encouraging elderly people to be euthanised so as not to be a burden on society. There’s a sales angle, I guess, of the most morbid kind.
An odd film, always takes an effort for me to finish it, but upon reflection, something about it does work.

I know I owe you a response on the DM, but I’ve been a bit snowed under by life/work/stress and I haven’t yet rewatched Women Talking, but planning to.

Why a great while on the new Scorsese? I loved that thing, can’t remember the last time I enjoyed something so much.
Vaguely remember seeing the plot of Plan 75, but it’s not in any of my watchlists. It is now because it sounds really good. Just found out it’s not available to stream yet, which is annoying as it’s from 2022. It looks awfully good.

Don’t worry about WT. I haven’t re-watched it yet, but I’m gonna do so.

Killer Flowers or whatever it’s called is not available to stream yet. I presume you’re in a theater for this one?

Vaguely remember seeing the plot of Plan 75, but it’s not in any of my watchlists. It is now because it sounds really good. Just found out it’s not available to stream yet, which is annoying as it’s from 2022. It looks awfully good.

Don’t worry about WT. I haven’t re-watched it yet, but I’m gonna do so.

Killer Flowers or whatever it’s called is not available to stream yet. I presume you’re in a theater for this one?
Yes, I saw it in a theatre both times. Was worth it imo due to scale, sound and so on.

Yes, my anxious anticipation has leavened to a familiar suspicion after several review like this one, which seems to make some good points:
https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/kill...r-moon-review/

I wondered from the start if Scorcese's choice of David Grann's nonfiction book was made because it was a good story, or whether it was due to the subject being yet another fashionable social justice statement.

The reviewer maintains that the story is not woke but is an overly long display of missed compelling narratives.

I still want to see the picture, what with the heft of the crew involved, but I'll be approaching it with tempered expectations.

But having read your observations the movie sounds different than I've so far imagined. I'll post my thought after I've seen it.
I saw the film again on Sunday and enjoyed it even more. Have read the review you referenced — it is, indeed, a little frustrating and somewhat, ahem, misguided in my opinion. Not to go too deeply into what you haven’t yet seen, but this ‘The main Osage character in the film remains Mollie, and she barely registers for much of the story’ is to my mind utter nonsense and obviously conflicts directly with my own perception of how Mollie/her experience is portrayed and comes across. It’s fair enough that people will have different views, but the focus of the review seems a bit off.