Who Will be Our Next President?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
If you guys don't think the rewards of an early vaccine are worth the risk, then fine. If you think the reward is worth the risk, then I don't know why we're having this discussion.
I only made the original post to make sure the risks of an accelerated timeline (of any timeline) are acknowledged. I'm not even really arguing for or against a vaccine.

My post was specifically responding to your contractor timeline analogy suggesting that "get it done" is good enough. My post was to add to that as a caution that there are risks involved with cutting reasonably defined timelines (of anything) that your post seemed to be dismissive of.

Somehow that's shifted off point to me saying the risks of an early vaccine aren't worth the risk when I'm not. Dude. I've only ever said there are risks. The end. Broadly and generically. I don't understand the juking back and forth.

Edit: I'm probably not gonna reply after this. I feel like this has drifted way off from what my intention was.

You fans of Trump need to read his book The Art of the Deal. I'll sum it up in a few words, lay on the BS thick and heavy and promise people everything they want to hear. Trumps been both denying that Covid is a real problem, then mocking those who wear mask, then he claims miracle drugs with his help will save the day. He promise s***. I wouldn't care if he was a Democrat, he's a sorry excuse for a human being.

I only made the original post to make sure the risks of an accelerated timeline (of any timeline) are acknowledged. I'm not even really arguing for or against a vaccine.
If you're talking about putting up a building I don't think there are risks in bringing in more workers that know what they're doing. You seem to be telling me that any accelerated timeline comes with a risk and there's no way around it. I don't believe that.

My post was specifically responding to your contractor timeline analogy suggesting that "get it done" is good enough. My post was to add to that as a caution that there are risks involved with cutting reasonably defined timelines (of anything) that your post seemed to be dismissive of.
I think there can always be a reasonable hope that things may get done quicker than originally expected. I don't think that is anything outlandish.

Somehow that's shifted off point to me saying the risks of an early vaccine aren't worth the risk when I'm not. Dude. I've only ever said there are risks. The end. Broadly and generically. I don't understand the juking back and forth.
If you're saying there are risks to an early vaccine, I'm wondering risk to who? Not to the public since it has to be approved first. Maybe I'm misunderstanding because I'm talking to you and Wyldesyde and the two of you agree but not completely? Maybe my definition of a risk is not quite the same as yours? Trump has been pushing for an early vaccine. If that works out it's awesome, I think we all agree? What kind of specific risks are we talking about?

Trump Says Vaccine Will Be Ready In As Little As ‘Four Weeks’ — Scientists Say That’s Aggressive

He's made other claims since the pandemic started including that the vaccine would be ready by the elections. He's just not a slimy politician, he's a pathetically liar and the real sad part is a whole lot of people keep swallowing his lies.

It's not hard to see he promises a quick vaccine to get votes, what kind of person does that? And what kind of person believes it over and over?

You fans of Trump need to read his book The Art of the Deal. I'll sum it up in a few words, lay on the BS thick and heavy and promise people everything they want to hear. Trumps been both denying that Covid is a real problem, then mocking those who wear mask, then he claims miracle drugs with his help will save the day. He promise s***. I wouldn't care if he was a Democrat, he's a sorry excuse for a human being.
Who here is a fan of Trump? I thought they all got banned. I do wonder why he is the only person people focus on. Biden and Harris both have some quite questionable things in their background.

Trump Says Vaccine Will Be Ready In As Little As ‘Four Weeks’ — Scientists Say That’s Aggressive

He's made other claims since the pandemic started including that the vaccine would be ready by the elections. He's just not a slimy politician, he's a pathetically liar and the real sad part is a whole lot of people keep swallowing his lies.

It's not hard to see he promises a quick vaccine to get votes, what kind of person does that? And what kind of person believes it over and over?
I was talking about this. Is it at all possible that added pressure from him could potentially help get a vaccine sooner than if not, which theoretically would save lives? On the other hand, what harm comes from a statement like this?

Hypothetical question. If Trump went all over the country telling everyone that Joe Biden called Asians child molesters, even though he didn't, would you say he was a sorry excuse for a human being?

The trick is not minding
No kidding. We need to see the results first. I'm starting to feel like I'm typing in another language here.
I was hoping to get through this with out uncalled for snarky sarcasm, but oh well.
I didn’t have the proper time to get complete thoughts on it either, but now I do.
Here’s the issue: his time frame is a empty promise. Last I read, they haven’t been able to find a vaccine for any existing coronavirus before COVID-19. And that’s been with more years. So Trump says he is initiating Warp Speed to get results in 14 months. It likely isn’t possible, but it is lauded as success merely because it “promises” a cure within his truncated time frame.
If it fails, he blames those in charge (scientists) and if it does some how succeeds against great odds, he will take all responsibility for it. It’s his MO.
I don’t understand why he is getting lauded for it, when we’re almost through 2020 already, and I believe his original prognosis was we’d have a vaccine by now.
It’s all smoke and mirrors, with empty promises but hey! It looks like he’s doing something important , right?

I was hoping to get through this with out uncalled for snarky sarcasm, but oh well.
I didn’t have the proper time to get complete thoughts on it either, but now I do.
Here’s the issue: his time frame is a empty promise. Last I read, they haven’t been able to find a vaccine for any existing coronavirus before COVID-19. And that’s been with more years. So Trump says he is initiating Warp Speed to get results in 14 months. It likely isn’t possible, but it is lauded as success merely because it “promises” a cure within his truncated time frame.
If it fails, he blames those in charge (scientists) and if it does some how succeeds against great odds, he will take all responsibility for it. It’s his MO.
I don’t understand why he is getting lauded for it, when we’re almost through 2020 already, and I believe his original prognosis was we’d have a vaccine by now.
It’s all smoke and mirrors, with empty promises but hey! It looks like he’s doing something important , right?
Didn't mean to sound snarky, I consider you a friend and that's how I often talk.

See I don't care one bit about him or his timeline. If anything he does contributes to getting a vaccine ready sooner than it would have been, I say good work. What he says is not important, a vaccine and everyone it could help is.

The trick is not minding
Didn't mean to sound snarky, I consider you a friend and that's how I often talk.

See I don't care one bit about him or his timeline. If anything he does contributes to getting a vaccine ready sooner than it would have been, I say good work. What he says is not important, a vaccine and everyone it could help is.
No worries. I may be a little sensitive more so then normal haha.

What I've learned from the last few pages:
  • It doesn't matter what Trump says
  • It does matter what Trump says

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, I was expecting Georgia and Pensilvania to hold Trump's lead, but things are obviously not decided yet. It would be important that Biden wins with quite some margin.

I wouldn't care if he was a Democrat, he's a sorry excuse for a human being.
This is why I try not to vote "party" lines anymore. I tend to be more of a "Libertarian" in my own personal alignment... but as in the 2016 election, I just couldn't with any good conscience vote Johnson. To me seeing his platform and seeing some of his political interviews I simply thought the man was mad as a hatter. Then politically I'm far removed from the Green Party, and meanwhile "the Main Circus" and "ass-clowns" therein was so out of control I just thought then: "Screw this, I don't care, I'm not voting. At this point it doesn't matter who wins, I'll just let the country decide for me." Now I sort of regret the vote I made this year. I really don't like Biden... but I really didn't want Trump... But my heart was so with Jo Jorgensen, I would have loved if she stood a chance and could have become the first female president. Unlike Johnson in the past election, she was mentally stable and every interview I saw of her whereby there was a discussion of "issues" she behaved as an "adult," (what a concept these days), and addressed her stance on how and what she was going to do to deal with said issues... again, I keep saying this, and I will continue to say this on this thread, but it is such a shame that American politics is boiling down to basically a WWE Wrestling Match. As a matter of fact, since we're so close to getting there already, I think that's how the next elections should be handled forever and ever amen. Just have the Third Party Candidates be "special guest" referees and let the Democrats and Republicans duke it out in some Hell in the Cell match. And when one of them gets thrown off the top of the cage have good-old "J.R." proclaim which such force as if he's just witnessed the Hindenburg Catastrophe "Good gawd-ahwlmighty! Good gawd-ahwlmighty! THEY'VE KILLED HIM! AS GAWD AS MHY WITNESS! HE IS BROKEN IN HAWLF!!!!"
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Spot on ^. It's called populism. Just tell the people what they want to hear, at any cost, even if it's trash, and lies, and they'll vote for you.

I can't wait to see that smug fake smile fall off his orange face when he finally loses this election and the state of New York sues him and his son for manipulating asset values.

Spot on ^. It's called populism. Just tell the people what they want to hear, at any cost, even if it's trash, and lies, and they'll vote for you.
I'm not going to argue with that. I'm just wondering why you give the other side a free pass? Not just you of course, but so many people. They have been doing the same thing all through his presidency.

I'm not going to argue with that. I'm just wondering why you give the other side a free pass? Not just you of course, but so many people. They have been doing the same thing all through his presidency.
Because (to the best of my knowledge) the other side haven't withdrawn from the Paris agreement, incited violence, claimed election fraud with zero evidence, tried to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, failed to produce tax returns, insulted war veterans, made false claims about exonerated ex prisoners, been accused of several sexual misconduct charges, downplayed the pandemic and mocked mask wearers, mocked disabled people, pardonned racists awaiting court action, banned anybody that works for the Environmental office from going on social media, claimed the press are the enemy of the people
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

Because (to the best of my knowledge) the other side haven't withdrawn from the Paris agreement, incited violence, claimed election fraud with zero evidence, tried to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, failed to produce tax returns, insulted war veterans, made false claims about exonerated ex prisoners, been accused of several sexual misconduct charges, downplayed the pandemic and mocked mask wearers, mocked disabled people, pardonned racists awaiting court action, banned anybody that works for the Environmental office from going on social media, claimed the press are the enemy of the people
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
OK there's quite a bit in there that you are completely wrong about and there's no question about it. I'm not criticizing you, there's a lot of people who think some of these things. There's been a lot of false narratives out there I'm sure you are aware. There are a lot of things that people are blindly believing. I'm working now so I can't get into it but I'll get back to it later.

Just for that one thing, it boggles my mind how people think a wall is racist. It's just a tool against illegal immigration which is most certainly a problem. Human trafficking and opioid smuggling are way down. I don't understand what people are thinking.