Looking for song

Tools    

Good morning,

I have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a song featured in either 'A Man Called Horse', 'Return of a Man Called Horse' or 'Triumphs of a Man Called Horse. The three movies were from the late 70s and all featured Richard Harris in the starring role.

I think the song was sung by either Linda Ronstadt or Crystal Gayle. The only words I can remember from the song are 'He's Coming Back' which I think were part of the chorus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Man of La Movies
My first suggestion was to check out www.imdb.com because they usually have the soundtracks to films, but none of these movies list a soundtrack...hmm...I'll see if I can track it down

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

Man of La Movies
Originally Posted by samq79
My first suggestion was to check out www.imdb.com because they usually have the soundtracks to films, but none of these movies list a soundtrack...hmm...I'll see if I can track it down

Wow...I didn't think it would be that hard, but it completely struck out looking...the score for the movie doesn't include any songs by either of them, just the backing score for the film. Sorry.

Hi samq79,

I really appreciate your efforts in trying to track down this song for me.

I am almost certain the song came from one of the three 'Man Called Horse' movies I mentioned in my opening post.

For what it is worth I have tried searching for the song title under both of the singers I mentioned but I struck out there too.

Maybe my 63-year-old 'brain-housing group' is just confusing me on this one.

If you happen to find out any information on this song I would be more than happy to receive it.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Hi Pyro Tramp,

...Thanks!

Regards,

2harts4ever

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I just did some googling and came up empty-handed, too.
If all else fails, you might rent the films and check the closing credits.
Good luck.
I appreciate your effort. I am beginning to think I dreamed it ...lol

Thanks and take care,

2harts4ever

Originally Posted by susan
i went to some sites for a man called horse and some linda ronstadt sites as well

nothing...
Hi Susan,

Your efforts are appreciated too. My wife might be right. She said it might have been the voice sounded like Linda Ronstadt or Crystal Gayle and actually was someone else.

What really has me stumped is I have never heard the song either before or after seeing whichever movie I heard it in.

I can still see Richard Harris riding over the hills while the song was being sung in the background.

It repeated the words "He's Coming Back" many, many times. That is why I am sure it must have been in the movie 'The Return of a Man Called Horse'.

Regardless I will keep looking. Likewise, if you discover anything feel free to post back. You might just save my marriage ...lol

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
He's Coming Back by Rita Coolidge

Glad to help!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This has to be the longest gap of a person asking a question and us being able to answer it.
I'd be so hilarious if the OP returned to say thank you.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Had i seen this the day it was posted, which has been many years ago now, lol, I would have been able to answer it quickly. He's Coming Back by Rita Coolidge, theme song from The Triumphs of a Man Called Horse. This song, as well as the movie, has been my favourites since I was a teen in the 80's. Still love them both and often rewatch the movie on YouTube.

Also, it's Michael Beck that's the lead male character in this one, that's riding the horse in the intro, not Richard Harris. Beck plays Harris's son.