The Wire

Tools    

I think you might've seen it already, but if not, now go and watch Luther.
Hated Luther.

those sensors don't always work anyways, the products have to have some sort of tag, and that was a small business and the man was more than happy being handed a large wad of cash even though he was confused.
I didn’t take that to be a small business. I figured it was a Home Depot type store.

I have not seen it! Is our man Idris in that?
Yes.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hated Luther.

I didn’t take that to be a small business. I figured it was a Home Depot type store.

Yes.
Might skip it then. I did love Alba in The Wire, but not in such a way that I now want to watch everything he's been in. I have such a long list of things I want to catch up on watching that this would probably not be at the top. But I might give it a go at some point, out of curiosity.

So, all you folks who've written things that make The Wire sound like the best thing ever broadcast need to step up and discuss with me now that I'm finished with the show. What elements make this such a great show for you? I am not quite settled on how well I loved it, or for what reasons, but love it I did.

So, all you folks who've written things that make The Wire sound like the best thing ever broadcast need to step up and discuss with me now that I'm finished with the show. What elements make this such a great show for you? I am not quite settled on how well I loved it, or for what reasons, but love it I did.
I’m not one for analyzing in this way. For me, it’s an emotional thing. Either I love it (like The Sopranos) or I hate it (like Dexter).

I do know though that if there’s even a whiff of something not being believable or something being played for cheap laughs, for example, I am out of there.

So what will you watch next?

I’m not one for analyzing in this way. For me, it’s an emotional thing. Either I love it (like The Sopranos) or I hate it (like Dexter).

I do know though that if there’s even a whiff of something not being believable or something being played for cheap laughs, for example, I am out of there.

So what will you watch next?
This is solid thinking. I'm mostly asking this question, though, because ever since this show first aired, I've heard people rave about it in this way. Three times I tried to get into this show, and only this last time has "stuck." So now that I've jumped on the bandwagon, I'm curious about all these people I've heard singing the praises of this show—above all other shows.

Speaking of bandwagons, I've jumped on the Inventing Anna train (Netflix). Not feeling the love for Julia Garner in the secondar lead, though. Whatever accent she is trying to pull off is either really horrible... or the actual Anna's accent was equally horrible. It's very distracting.

Speaking of bandwagons, I've jumped on the Inventing Anna train (Netflix). Not feeling the love for Julia Garner in the secondar lead, though. Whatever accent she is trying to pull off is either really horrible... or the actual Anna's accent was equally horrible. It's very distracting.
Soooo disappointing as I’ve posted elsewhere here. Loved Delvey’s true life story & a huge fan of Garner … but to make the reporter the focus right out of the gate made no sense at all. And was profoundly uninteresting.

Wasn’t bothered so much by the accent. Delvey was Russian-born, was moved to Germany & later spoke very good English. This would result in a mish-mash of an accent I would imagine.

Soooo disappointing as I’ve posted elsewhere here. Loved Delvey’s true life story & a huge fan of Garner … but to make the reporter the focus right out of the gate made no sense at all. And was profoundly uninteresting.

Wasn’t bothered so much by the accent. Delvey was Russian-born, was moved to Germany & later spoke very good English. This would result in a mish-mash of an accent I would imagine.
I took five years of German in school, and none of what she said sounded like a German accent to me. Or Russian. But perhaps I just started out of the gate a little annoyed and now can't unfeel that way.

I took five years of German in school, and none of what she said sounded like a German accent to me. Or Russian. But perhaps I just started out of the gate a little annoyed and now can't unfeel that way.
I’ve put this annoying show behind me & moved right along.

I’ve put this annoying show behind me & moved right along.
One more episode and I'll be able to do the same thing. Onward and upward! (This was NOT a good show to follow up with after The Wire. Let's just leave it at that.)

One more episode and I'll be able to do the same thing. Onward and upward! (This was NOT a good show to follow up with after The Wire. Let's just leave it at that.)
Can’t remember if I asked this already. Have you seen The Tinder Swindler on Netflix? Fascinating true story. Loved it.

Can’t remember if I asked this already. Have you seen The Tinder Swindler on Netflix? Fascinating true story. Loved it.
No! But Netflix is feeding me promos for that one now. So that might be my next one up!

No! But Netflix is feeding me promos for that one now. So that might be my next one up!
Hugely entertaining.

The Wire is celebrating their 20th anniversary on HBO, Im almost finished rewatching GOT for the 3rd time, Im thinking The Wire needs a rewatch next

The Wire is celebrating their 20th anniversary on HBO, Im almost finished rewatching GOT for the 3rd time, Im thinking The Wire needs a rewatch next
20 years, wow. My 2nd fave show after The Sopranos. Seen it 3 times I think. Fave season is season 2.

OK, I have just started binging this show after hearing so many things about it for years. I found the show a little confusing at first. The canvas is pretty big and I had a hard time keeping up with the characters, but I was intrigued enough to get through the first season. I am now six episodes into season two and it feels like a completely different show. Season 1 was all about the cops and the drug dealers and even though I still don't know all of the characters' names, I had a grasp on what was going on, but season two has me totally confused. How did we go from cops vs drug deals to dead hookers on cargo ships? Why did McNulty get transferred out of the squad? And why is the squad in the basement and what do they have to do to get out?

OK, I have just started binging this show after hearing so many things about it for years. I found the show a little confusing at first. The canvas is pretty big and I had a hard time keeping up with the characters, but I was intrigued enough to get through the first season. I am now six episodes into season two and it feels like a completely different show. Season 1 was all about the cops and the drug dealers and even though I still don't know all of the characters' names, I had a grasp on what was going on, but season two has me totally confused. How did we go from cops vs drug deals to dead hookers on cargo ships? Why did McNulty get transferred out of the squad? And why is the squad in the basement and what do they have to do to get out?
Season 2 on the docks is my favorite season. I loved it.

Then could you please explain it to me? I am not feeling it at all.
The best thing to do is read each season’s synopsis on wiki. Here’s season 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wi...External_links

OK I read what you sent with that link and it didn't help at all, but I'm going to continue to struggle through my confusion because there is so much love for this show out there and I'm determined to find out why.