Video Games You'd Like to See Become Movies

Tools    

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Okay, I'm gonna ask for forgiveness in case of any of the following:

1. This is the wrong spot to place this topic.
2. It's been done before (If so, how can I check on something like this easily?).
3. It brings up bad memories of bad video-game-to-movie adaptations.

Anyway, with that out of the way, there's only one series of games I can think of to put here:

The Portal series.

If put in the right hands, I can see it going well!

As for casting, I'd say bring back the original voice actors and for Chell...maybe Michelle Rodriguez? I don't know, I'm open to hearing ideas there, too, if you wish to make some.

So, what do you guys have in mind?

Bioshock would be a good movie idea but production would cost a fortune. Also I think Half Life would be a good movie. The only problem with making games into movies is how game experiences cannot be translated into movies.

Welcome to the human race...
There have been several threads dedicated to hypothetical videogame-to-film adaptations - a cursory search of "video games" in the search bar (which can be found by clicking the magnifying glass near the top of the page) can reveal similar threads.

I'm not sure how well games like Portal or Half-Life or BioShock (at least the first two games, anyway) could translate to film seeing as how much of the experience involves playing a mute, faceless protagonist who are constantly being subjected to one-sided conversations with other characters or listening in on other conversations. Trying to give them voices and personalities without ruining their charm would be extremely difficult - just look at what happened when they tried to give the Doom guy a personality.

Warcraft, I've always wanted to see a proper movie related to the game
Sites for legal streaming, the best streaming platforms
Look at torrents français, a good source to find french torrents

There have been several threads dedicated to hypothetical videogame-to-film adaptations - a cursory search of "video games" in the search bar (which can be found by clicking the magnifying glass near the top of the page) can reveal similar threads.

I'm not sure how well games like Portal or Half-Life or BioShock (at least the first two games, anyway) could translate to film seeing as how much of the experience involves playing a mute, faceless protagonist who are constantly being subjected to one-sided conversations with other characters or listening in on other conversations. Trying to give them voices and personalities without ruining their charm would be extremely difficult - just look at what happened when they tried to give the Doom guy a personality.
I'd say leave them mute. No sense in adding dialogue to characters who never speak anyway!

Red Dead Redemption. Lots of good modern Westerns, so I think there would be a chance it would be decent. Eastwood directing, Christian Bale as John Marston and Clint Eastwood in a small role as Dutch

Red Dead Redemption. Lots of good modern Westerns, so I think there would be a chance it would be decent. Eastwood directing, Christian Bale as John Marston and Clint Eastwood in a small role as Dutch
This. And also the Fallout series, if done right, could make a decent movie.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Red Dead would be awesome, I loved that game. They could even go down the zombie route (just because im a horror movie fan )

An Assassins Creed film would be good.

I also think Dishonored would make a decent film, if they use the same timeline in the game and the weapons plus the magic etc. I think that would be pretty badass.

Centipede or Rampage

One would have a giant centipede having to be killed, and the other are giant monsters eating people and beating the crap out of each other. Good times.

Warcraft, I've always wanted to see a proper movie related to the game
Well it's happening...

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Bioshock Infinite would make a fantastic movie.

I’m just the espresso
Bioshock Infinite would make a fantastic movie.
I second this. Also have always wanted to see Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as a film since that game was pretty important to me growing up. Would also like to see The Last of Us made into a film but I believe that's currently in the works?

I'm loving the ideas here, especially Red Dead Redemption directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Christian Bale!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Warcraft is in the works. We shipped a bunch of Mac Tech lights over to the studio. Big production.

Uncharted of course would be great.

Bioshock I'm all for.

But for years I've always wanted a metal gear solid film. Get on it!!

I second this. Also have always wanted to see Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as a film since that game was pretty important to me growing up. Would also like to see The Last of Us made into a film but I believe that's currently in the works?
I think they are doing an Uncharted movie I think Mark Wahlberg was going to be Nathan Drake.

Red Dead Redemption is the best suggestion so far. I love that game, and it would translate well to film.

My choice? The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's my favorite game, and I've wanted to see a film adaptation since I was 12 years old. It would be difficult to pull it off successfully, and chances are it would be a terrible film, but if it had a large budget and someone like Guillermo del Toro or Peter Jackson at the helm, I think it could make for a great fantasy epic.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
It might work better as a TV show I'd love to see an adaption of Dragonquest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. With the right director GTA: Chinatown Wars could make a great crime movie.

Welcome to the human race...
Perfect Dark always sounded like it could have had great cinematic potential, what with the blend of cyberpunk espionage, government conspiracy and intergalactic war between two different alien species playing out on Earth. Too bad it's not an especially relevant property in 2014, though.