So...I'm finally making a movie.

Tools    

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
If this isn't the right place to post this, I sincerely apologize; I just wanted to tell you guys about it.

The title is called Acceptance, and it's about a guy going through the five stages of grief after his girlfriend is killed in a car accident. For those who do not know, the five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance (thus, the title).

It's a very small budget film, considering that I'm relying on cheap equipment and friends for cast members, but it's looking alright in my opinion. About 26 minutes already recorded and edited, and estimating it to be between 60-75 minutes long.

If you have any tips that could be helpful, I'd love to hear them! Seeing as this is my first time making a movie, I'm no doubt doing something wrong, and tips and stuff are much appreciated.

To Sexy Celebrity: It probably is until the end, as is how acceptance is. It's the hardest stage to reach, because letting go is truly a difficult thing to do, especially when it's someone you deeply love.

To MovieMeditation: I hope so, but I'll understand if it's not. First film and all, and the only real practice I've had has been YouTube (and that was never anything like this). Basically, my main goal here is to get my foot in the door.

I was reading an article the other day that seemed to contest the legitimacy of this claim.

See #4
http://www.cracked.com/article_21193...sychology.html

Of course.. people go out an watch movies about "using only 10% of your brain" so have at it I suppose.

Honestly I think you have picked a very poor running time.. 60-75 minutes.
It's not quite long enough to be a feature film and it's way too long to be a short.

If it's at 75 you might consider adding 15 and make it feature length.
Nobody buys a short, but if you have a feature there is at least a chance of recuperating your budget.

Foster, 45 minutes is considered feature length. Have faith that I know what I'm doing. As for recuperating my budget...well, let's just say it really wouldn't take much.

Also, I am familiar that not all people grieve the same way. I do not recall ever "bargaining"; it was always a short denial span, some sadness, some anger, some more sadness, some more anger, even more sadness, and finally moving on.

I stand corrected on the feature length time debate: most organizations recognize a feature length film to be 40 minutes or more. There's only two I could find that raise the bar from there: Sundance Film Festival (50 minutes) and SAG (80 minutes). So, in the eyes of SAG, Foster is correct, and thus in their eyes I will concede.

Foster, 45 minutes is considered feature length. Have faith that I know what I'm doing. As for recuperating my budget...well, let's just say it really wouldn't take much.
I don't mean to take any wind out of your sales.
It's a tough thing! And longer than any film I've made.

Congratulations

It's not a problem, man! And as for sales, I'll worry about finishing this first before worrying about sales, of which I have some ideas on how to go about that.

It's been over two months since I last updated. Good news and bad news...

Good news: Acceptance has been completely filmed and edited, with a run time of 61 minutes even. I know it's not that long, but it's just a first-time filming experience; no doubt I'll get better at this as I go along in filmmaking.

Bad news: Distribution is a more tedious process than I thought. So many options, and all of them are a bit risky (and some too expensive for me). Nevertheless, I'll get it out there somehow.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Perhaps I too should make my own film. A feature length, not a short like my first movie ever! And it will be free ot watch on YouTube!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.