Your Favourite Australian Movie

Tools    

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Now I think the Australians on this site are going to line up, take numbers and deliver a drop kick to you, Kangaroo Jack style!

Fasten your seat belts...
Well THIS Australian is outta here. Off home. It's 5.10pm Monday evening. Talk to you all tomorrow (for us). Have fun!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LillyVon
Bad Boy Bubby is quite a cult fav here in Australia. When it was released we all walked around saying "be still cat" and "you can call be pop. Hello pop"

It upset a lot of people, but you had to look at the big picture. It was actually having a dig at religion - but everyone kinda missed the point on that!
You're in Australia? For some reason I was convinced you're a California gurl.

I thought Bad Boy Bubby was going to be something different than it was, like a crazy comedy or something. Instead it's kind of dark but hillarious at the same time. One of the funniest moments was when he wrapped the cat in plastic. Don't get me wrong, I really love cats! But the cat just looked so incredibly pissed off. I think that cat will never work in show biz again....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Lets put a smile on that block
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)

and

Heavenly Creatures (1994)

1994 is a popular year for me it seems...

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
You're in Australia? For some reason I was convinced you're a California gurl.

I thought Bad Boy Bubby was going to be something different than it was, like a crazy comedy or something. Instead it's kind of dark but hillarious at the same time. One of the funniest moments was when he wrapped the cat in plastic. Don't get me wrong, I really love cats! But the cat just looked so incredibly pissed off. I think that cat will never work in show biz again....
Yep, Aussie Aussie Oye oye ... and all that kind of dribble.

Actually the cat did work in show biz again - as a tupperwear container!!!

The guy that played Bubby, Nicolas Hope lives two suburbs away from me. I used to see him walking around. He's as grubby and messy looking as he is in the movie!!!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LillyVon
The guy that played Bubby, Nicolas Hope lives two suburbs away from me. I used to see him walking around. He's as grubby and messy looking as he is in the movie!!!
Perhaps the film's a documentary... Poor kitty...

God I hope not!!! I don't think I could finish my beer if that band was playing. The 'meeeoooowwwww' business would drive me batty!!!!

Originally Posted by nebbit
That is a New Zealand film by Peter Jackson
Well spotted - and yes it is - and a fantastic film!!! One of my fav's.

Whoa outback dwellers, I love you guys! I see in Aussies what I love about Britain, drinking, fighting, being like the guys in crocodile dundee, I know that's a completely incorrect stereotype but I can dream... One day I'll own my own veranda. Ahh. I also realise you 'aint outback dwellers just a bit of fun. I said the word Australian anyway, damn!

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
New Zealand, Australia, Potato, Potata
Canada, America, Tomato, Tomata

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Agreed! Now as for the UK, just a Potato

Here's Johnny!
rabbit proof fence was awesome because im australian and i learnt all about such things, and it was also done really well

(use old trucker voice mixed with cowboy that has tabaky' in his gums)

Being as I'm a full blooded American I hate anything that's not made in the... Great States. Where's my truck? Only movie I'll watch is the ones on my TV set, the ones with Ms. Dolly Parton. Naw' that's a solid performance with grace. You only get that sorta' things here, in the... Great States. Where's my dog?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
(use old trucker voice mixed with cowboy that has tabaky' in his gums)
Candy Cane, you there?

Arresting your development
Made in America...placed on the totem pole!