SONG TOURNAMENT 27

Tools    

1. Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend vs. Calexico - Black Heart

Both were good, but I mainly liked the second for the jungle video.

2. The Lonely Island - Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song) vs. Puretone - Addicted To Bass

Again, the second song was more for the video.

3. Donna Summer - Hot Stuff vs. Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now?

My nomination and it's the better song.

4. St. Vincent - Savior vs. Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses

The second is fine, but not my go-to kind of music.

5. Roxette - The Look vs. Barry Adamson - Black Amour

My theme song.

6. The Plasmatics - The Damned vs. Kiss - Then She Kissed Me

I liked both, but I love the fact that Kiss remade THAT song.

7. Chinese Football - Electronic Girl vs. Army Of Lovers - Crucified

In this case, the video was enough to win me over.

8. The Left Bank-Walk Away Renee vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Midnight

This is unfortunate because I like both.

Yes, @honeykid -- rooting for a "Army of Lovers - Crucified" Song Tournament 27 win here.

ROUND 1, PART 1

1. Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend vs. Calexico - Black Heart - not a fan of newer Coldplay and that tune made me crawl out of skin. Liked the instrumentation of Black Heart though neither song did it for me.

2. The Lonely Island - Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song) vs. Puretone - Addicted To Bass - i didn't want to pick either. Ouch. I pray for nuclear holocaust.

4. St. Vincent - Savior vs. Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses - sighhhhhhh

5. Roxette - The Look vs. Barry Adamson - Black Amour - At least the Roxette tune is original. This other guy spent too much time aping Barry White.

6. The Plasmatics - The Damned vs. Kiss - Then She Kissed Me - I can see why Kiss got made fun of so bad back in the day. You can't really compete with Plasmatics.

7. Chinese Football - Electronic Girl vs. Army Of Lovers - Crucified - I like a good drag queen and flamboyant gospel pop tune like the next guy..BTW..the vid was blocked, try this one...

8. The Left Bank-Walk Away Renee vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Midnight - both good tunes. I'm giving the edge to my nom as I like it better and am more familiar with it.

ROUND 1, PART 1

2. The Lonely Island - Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song) vs. Puretone - Addicted To Bass

Yes, congratulations to everyone who caught an obvious reference.

ROUND 1, PART 1

1. Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend vs. Calexico - Black Heart-Don't seem to like any Coldplay, and I certainly didn't like that one. I liked the other.

2. The Lonely Island - Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song) vs. Puretone - Addicted To Bass-Likes both, and always get a kick out of the SNL songs.

3. [b]Donna Summer - Hot Stuff[b] vs. Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now?-Hate to vote against the second but Hot Stuff is a favorite.

4. St. Vincent - Savior vs. Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses-Thought the Jovi was lame and too long.

5. Roxette - The Look vs. Barry Adamson - Black Amour-Used to love the first when it came out. Still like it but give the other a slight edge.

6. The Plasmatics - The Damned vs. Kiss - Then She Kissed Me-Love Kiss and that's a cool remake. Never heard of that other band and it was awesome.

7. Chinese Football - Electronic Girl vs. Army Of Lovers - Crucified-Not mad on either but I wouldn't say I disliked them.

8. The Left Bank-Walk Away Renee vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Midnight-Always liked the name Renee.

ROUND 1, PART 1

Think i would have hated the Bin Laden one if i hadn't seen the film. My favourite is probably "Mona Lisa" though, just how it starts seeming like it's a serious meaningful song then blurts out "Mona Lisa, you're an overrated piece of sht!" DIdn't even realize that's what it was until i went to listen to it.

Also listening to these right now, might only listen to half right now.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! This is why I hate when people don't know how to link their songs.

Thank you. I'll fix it.
I'm really sorry SC.
Thanks @Zotis and @Tugg for help

Always liked the name Renee.
It's my gran's sisters name so i've always associated it with old women, same with like Betty. Made Betty Draper on Mad Men very confusing haha.

Four left!

Think Coldplay are ridiculously overhated, they are really inoffensive yet they are the go to band to despise. Like someone else said i'm not really crazy about their new stuff though.

Wouldn't say i love either but the former is fun, especially in the context of the film.

Have heard Hot Stuff way too much.

Not big on Bon Jovi in general. Think their music is very specific to a certain era and it just comes across corny to me, my mum's a big fan.

Don't like the first, the second was smooth, aping Barry White (even stole his first name!) or not

I actually liked the first one quite a bit didn't expect to. Prefer The Crystals version of Then She Kissed Me but the song is just great in general.

Liked the video of the latter but didn't really like the song.

Not a big fan of RHCP but i quite liked that song, preferred the former. Also the RHCP video was unavailable for me.

Doing this now. I say that just in case SC does one of his super fast tournys.

Edit:

1. Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend vs. Calexico - Black Heart - I don't hate Coldplay but, from what I've heard of them, they are pretty dull. The second was always going to have to be pretty bad for me to vote against it. As it was, I quite liked it. I think it could really grow on me.

2. The Lonely Island - Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song) vs. Puretone - Addicted To Bass - Not my kind of thing, but sometimes one of these songs get under my skin and I love this song. It's not the first time I've nominated it and it never does well, but I don't care. First song? Comedy songs. I hate them. Really. Hate.

3. Donna Summer - Hot Stuff vs. Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now? - Both classics but I'm disco. I don't know when or if I'll tire of that song.

4. St. Vincent - Savior vs. Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses - Not a Bon Jovi fan, but I don't mind that song. Not heard the other one before but I liked it.

5. Roxette - The Look vs. Barry Adamson - Black Amour - I liked the second but The Look is something I've put up before myself and I love it. It might just be familiarity but that's OK with me.

6. The Plasmatics - The Damned vs. Kiss - Then She Kissed Me - Showing just how much of a genius Phil Spector was... Or how overrated Kiss are? I'm not sure. Anyway, an easy win.

7. Chinese Football - Electronic Girl vs. Army Of Lovers - Crucified - I didn't mind the first one. Not sure if it'll grow or start to annoy, but we'll see. No contest though. I love the latter (which is pretty obvious seeing as it's mine )

8. The Left Bank-Walk Away Renee vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Midnight - It's been a long time since I did one of these tournaments. Sadly RHCP are still being put forward.

Midnight wasn't available to me so I listened to this one. Hope it's the same.